Fix iTunes Error 3194 While Restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone, iPod & iPad

Trying to find out how to fix iTunes error 3194 while restoring iOS 5.1.1 ? While we worked on the article about the new Absinthe 2.0.1, we encountered the same iTunes error. This error only appears under certain conditions. Well, don't panic, we found a solution for this. Here is an explanation about how to fix iTunes error 3194.

We already explained how to jailbreak your iDevice using the brand new Absinthe 2.0.1. In case you missed the big news: Chronic Dev Team just released Absinthe 2.0.1 to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4S/4/3GS, iPad 3/2/1 & iPod Touch 4G/3G. The jailbreak we where all waiting for!

So coming back to the point. Normally, this error should not appear, but under certain conditions it will. Very annoying, but we found the solution for this.

fix itunes error 3194 Fix iTunes Error 3194 While Restoring iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone, iPod & iPad

Apple is still registering iOS 5.1.1 SHSH Blobs, so this error can appear under the following conditions:

• You have your HOSTS file blocking gs.apple.com
  • You have your HOSTS file redirecting gs.apple.com to Cydia server and you do not have any SHSH blobs on Cydia server
  • TinyUmbrella TSS server is running in background but you have not saved iOS 5.1.1 SHSH blobs on TinyUmbrella.

Solution to fix iTunes Error 3194

• Check your HOSTS file and make sure you are not blocking gs.apple.com.
  • Make sure TinyUmbrella is NOT running in the background.
  • Try to launch https://gs.apple.com: It should open the Apple site, and not be redirected to the Cydia server.

We tested this, and it really worked! Did you encounter this error also? Or maybe other annoying errors? We will keep on testing the process today. If there are more possible errors like this we will post it as soon as possible! If you encountered a problem, leave your comments and we will get back to you!

Was this explanation about how to fix iTunes error 3194 useful for you?

You may also like to read:

Cannon9 months, 3 weeks ago

Please help!  After having the 3194 error trying to update my (A5) jailbroken 4S from 5.1.1 to 6.1.2 (using itunes 11.0.5) – I failed.  So then I stupidly decided to try and update my phone using the phones settings and not connected to itunes.  Now it won’t come out of recovery.  I have spent hours scouring the internet and youtube and nothing has worked.  Please help!!!

Shahjada Saju1 year, 1 month ago

Please help me my ipad1 3.2.1 7b405 (64gb) can not start up. It stuck apple boot logo.It cannot restored shoes error 3194 code.Is it any proses to run it in safe mode?Anyone can help me i allayes appresiat him.

nazmulbd1 year, 6 months ago

We tried using to jailbreak my personal iphone using reds now plus it assumes your launching display screen to begin your jailbreak and also immediately halts expressing shah blob mistake. Precisely what is which and also how do you repair it without a great deal of trouble?

RedForman1 year, 6 months ago

Alright, here’s what I did, and it took forever (a few days) of trying to sort it out.Problem: Bought an iPhone 4 used that guy says was factory unlocked, and he tried to jailbreak it last year but then it got stuck in recovery mode. When I would try to update via iTunes while in recovery, it would give me the 3194 error (Not eligible for the requested build). Put in DFU and PWNED DFU and tried, still Not Eligible. Tried TinyUmbrella and redsn0w “Fix Recovery”, no go. Tried greenpois0n, no go. iReb, nothing.Solution:Using redsn0w, I did an SHSH blob query, to find that Cydia managed to grab the 5.0.1, 4.3.5, and 4.3.3 blobs when the last guy tried to jb the iPhone. I went to iphonewiki and downloaded each firmware and did a custom IPSW with the remote blobs. Then, using redsn0w again, I put the iPhone into PWNED DFU. Opened TinyUmbrella (which for some reason wouldn’t fetch the remote blobs from Cydia so I could locally store, said “no internet connection” or some odd reply) and entered the device via manual ECID (which was identified by the SHSH Query) and the phone showed as connected via TinyUmbrella.Once this was complete, I clicked Start TSS Server, and iTunes closed. I reopened iTunes, clicked Option-Restore when the choice came up (or Shift-Restore with Windows) and chose the custom IPSW. I started with the 4.3.5 (since it seemed that the 5.0.1 JB and the 5.1 software redsn0w told me it Identified on the device may have been the cause of the no-boot) and let it go. Sure enough, it started to install the software, BUT it crapped out at “Restoring Firmware”, for obvious reasons, I couldn’t overwrite the new-old firmware. This did however give me the ability to see what was going on in TinyUmbrella and see that the phone did get to the point that the old software was loaded enough to see that it caused the ACTUAL Recovery Loop. Once the phone restarted in Recovery Mode again (this time the screen was brighter…?) I clicked Fix Recovery in TinyUmbrella, and it went through the greenpois0n limera1n exploit to fix the recovery, then it looked like it was good to go.It came back in recovery (but I was more confident because I actually saw progress during the Fix Recovery process) I deleted the existing Apple IPSW from the Apple Software directory (did this part in Windows), and did the normal iOS restore from Apple. It downloaded, it installed, it overwrote the firmware on the iPhone 4 (which is fine, I can jailbreak it again with evasi0n if I want) and booted up successfully into iOS 6.1.2!Note: All this while, TinyUmbrella was open with the TSS Service running.I hope this helps anyone who may have had the 3194/Not Eligible problem.

Drew1 year, 6 months ago

Okay yeah this morning has been an entire series of profanities directed at my iPhone, and the struggle I’ve been facing to get it into ANY sort of functional capacity.Finally, I find this post and I am restoring and updating. I might note that in order to achieve this, I did in fact have to drop entries in my hosts file ( That I believe were left by my earlier Umbrella attempt ), restart iTunes, Dropped my firewall, and I’m sure a couple of other things to achieve this, but it looks like I’m gonna make it this time… Thanks guys.

Shalika1 year, 6 months ago

i don’t get how to use this? can someone help me, put it into simple terms so i understand. My iphone 4 wont turn on but itunes recognize it and detects that it needs recovering and when i do that it just stays on ‘waiting for iphone’ and he apple sign comes up on the iphone with an empty bar underneath the apple sign. What do i do i’m relly stuck.

Invision1 year, 7 months ago

I was running the iOS 5.1.1 with Jailbreak, and decided to upgrade it to 6.1.1, so when I tried, I first ecountered ’21, then ’1600, then ’3914, and then ’1600 again.To fix this, I first updated iTunes (fixed 21), then I put it in recovery mode (fixed 1600), then I downloaded first 5.1.1 file from insanelyios.com and used “shift + restore” in iTunes to chose that file. But it didn’t work, so I downloaded 6.1.1 file aswell. With that one, I went from 3914 to 1600 again. So to fix 1600, I went out from recovery-mode on my iPhone and woops, it worked.

Rayce1851 year, 7 months ago

I either encountered this, or error 11 when using TinyUmbrella. I guess there currently is any solution for this, right?

Neil1 year, 10 months ago

What worked for me is….. Go to insanelyios.com and download the same firmware you are currently on. When you download the firmware before yo hit save you need to rename from .zip to .ispw then go to iTunes hit shift restore and choose your new ipsw restore.

Jon1 year, 10 months ago

I have done all these steps. Unfortunately still got 3194 error

Jon1 year, 10 months ago

hei hei, i have done the steps above. But the gs.apple.com still be directed to cydia. I have cleaned all the gs.apple.com in my hosts. And also have made sure that the tinyumbrella wasn’t running in background. Do you have any idea where is the wrong part??

Jordan1 year, 10 months ago

Mot sure what I did but I somehow got it working thank you

Ali-Da-Don1 year, 10 months ago

guys try to downgrade with snowbreeze v 2.9.6, it works for me

nisarg1 year, 6 months ago

I have iphone 4 and itunes 11.2 .you told me to change host but in host file I did it and still getting error 3194

Pissed Off Marine1 year, 10 months ago

I tried to jailbreak my iPhone using reds now and it goes into the loading screen to start the jailbreak and instantly stops saying shah blob error. What is that and how do I fix it without a lot of hassle?

onix1 year, 10 months ago

not working for me i check all and i still get the error i have a 3GS  32 gb ios 43 BSB 5.13.04 the upgrade to 511 CUSTOM IPSW NOT WORKING

Elly1 year, 11 months ago

Try to use tinyumbrella, then press start TSS server with all button untick in the advance tab.

Oneklassy11 year, 11 months ago

Unable to save host files.  Keep getting an error saying unable to save and path wrong, to that effect when trying to save shsh host files. I have an ipad2 trying to restore.  .

SS1 year, 11 months ago

not worked for me….still getting 3194 :(

cw1 year, 11 months ago

tested all night long, even tried to nsloopup gs.apple.com, and copy the value to host, still doesnt work, in/outgoing 80/443 work on my pc, no firewall no antivirus, go to gs.apple.com directly go to apple web stie.currently using 5.0.1 4s wanna up to 5.1.1 . 3194 again and again, mum… i m so tired right now …..

yasir1 year, 11 months ago

me also try all these shits methods still got 3194

taharbrown1 year, 11 months ago

error 11

papirek1 year, 11 months ago

error 3194 is gone, but now appeared error 11, what should I do?

Yosh1 year, 11 months ago

did you solve it? i have the same problem!

Pablo1 year, 10 months ago

Hello Papirek, now u are getting error 11 cause u are trying to install a non-signed ipsw with itunes, that means that apple has stopped signing the ios u are trying to install so if u try to install it using SHIFT + Restore and then sellecting the ipsw, it wont work!!! what u have to do is take thas ipsw that u have already saved it and sign it using iFaith or Redsnow… these programms are able to create another ipsw(signed) wich u have to use to restore ur device… remember, once apple stop signing certain ios versions, the stock ipsw`s wont work!!!

Eric1 year, 11 months ago

How do you check your hosts file? I went to gs.apple.com and it went to the Gcs default web server. Is this right? I’m still getting the 3194 error. I’m trying to restore my jailbroken iPhone 4s running iOS 5.1.1 back to ios 5.1.1. I really don’t want to upgrade to 6, please help. Also I do not have tiny umbrella installed. Is there any solution??

Dylan1 year, 11 months ago

Am on a jailbroken iPhone 4 running ios 5.1.1.  My blobs are saved and all I want to do is fresh install ios 5.1.1, but no matter what I do, continuously I am still getting error 3194. Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

Abhishek1 year, 11 months ago

not working anymore  apple isnt signing 5.1.1 for iphone 4s … error 3194   unable to restore

jeremy1 year, 11 months ago

problem here trying to upgrade from 4.3.1 (with SHSH backed up via ifaith). no redirect via hosts to cydia; tinyumbrella not installed and not jailbroken yet.  trying to upgrade to 5.1.1 and getting error 3194.  any help is appreciated to upgrade to 5.1.1 so i can JB.

akon1 year, 11 months ago

please upload video toturial

ybeth1 year, 11 months ago

THANK YOU!!!!!!

tamimfaruq1 year, 11 months ago

i did everything and still the same error 3194 occurs…. this never happened before…

Edimendo2 years ago

https://gs.apple.com redirects to cydia? what do i do?? my ipod touch has never been jail broken, and now shows a low battery screen.

Soulchild2 years ago

thank you so much it really works BRAVO…

540VaBoyzSTANDUP2 years, 2 months ago

just wanted to leave a comment saying thank you, i probably would’ve sold my iPhone if it weren’t for this post. I appreciate this.