Trying to find out how to fix iTunes error 3194 while restoring iOS 5.1.1 ? While we worked on the article about the new Absinthe 2.0.1, we encountered the same iTunes error. This error only appears under certain conditions. Well, don't panic, we found a solution for this. Here is an explanation about how to fix iTunes error 3194.
We already explained how to jailbreak your iDevice using the brand new Absinthe 2.0.1. In case you missed the big news: Chronic Dev Team just released Absinthe 2.0.1 to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4S/4/3GS, iPad 3/2/1 & iPod Touch 4G/3G. The jailbreak we where all waiting for!
So coming back to the point. Normally, this error should not appear, but under certain conditions it will. Very annoying, but we found the solution for this.
Apple is still registering iOS 5.1.1 SHSH Blobs, so this error can appear under the following conditions:
- You have your HOSTS file blocking gs.apple.com
- You have your HOSTS file redirecting gs.apple.com to Cydia server and you do not have any SHSH blobs on Cydia server
- TinyUmbrella TSS server is running in background but you have not saved iOS 5.1.1 SHSH blobs on TinyUmbrella.
Solution to fix iTunes Error 3194
- Check your HOSTS file and make sure you are not blocking gs.apple.com.
- Make sure TinyUmbrella is NOT running in the background.
- Try to launch https://gs.apple.com: It should open the Apple site, and not be redirected to the Cydia server.
We tested this, and it really worked! Did you encounter this error also? Or maybe other annoying errors? We will keep on testing the process today. If there are more possible errors like this we will post it as soon as possible! If you encountered a problem, leave your comments and we will get back to you!
Was this explanation about how to fix iTunes error 3194 useful for you?