In the world of jailbreaking, you all know the advantages if you choose to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. One can say that one of the best benefits of jailbreaking is that it enables you to unlock your iPhone via a software called Ultrasn0w. Unlockers who are looking to update to iOS 5.1.1 will be glad to know that a new hotfix has been issued to make Ultrasn0w compatible with the latest firmware. Here's a brief tutorial on how to unlock iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4 / 3GS with the use of Ultrasn0w fixer.
Ultrasn0w Supported Basebands
If your current baseband is not listed above, then you are out of luck because you won't be able to unlock your iPhone using Ultrasn0w. Proceed only if your baseband is supported.
Before You Proceed
- You will need to jailbreak your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS in order to install Ultrasn0w. For assistance, please refer to our guide on how to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 using Redsn0w.
- This guide assumes that you have updated to iOS 5.1.1 via custom firmware and consequently preserved your supported unlockable baseband (listed above). If you updated your device to iOS 5.1.1 through the default IPSW file, then this guide can't help you. For more information on how to check your baseband, see our write-up about iPhone basebands.
Steps on How to Unlock iPhone 4 & 3GS on iOS 5.1.1 Using Ultrasn0w Fixer
- Launch Cydia and tap Manage, then Sources.
- Tap Edit and Add this repo: http://repo.iparelhos.com
- Upon successfully adding the source, tap Search and search for "Ultrasn0w fixer" (without the quotes). Select ultrasn0w fixer for iOS 5.1.1 from the search results.
- On the page of Ultrasn0w fixer, tap Install.
- After the installation, go back into the main Cydia screen and search for Ultrasn0w. Install Ultrasn0w 1.2.5.
NOTE: In order to for this to work, you must first apply the Ultrasn0w fixer for iOS 5.1.1 before the actual Ultrasn0w utility, not the other way around. And with that, you should now be able to unlock your iPhone using Ultrasn0w.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback