One of the best advantages of a jailbroken iPhone you can have is that you are able to install SAM on iOS 5.1.1. This package enables you to unlock your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS. If you already managed to jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 5.1.1, then you can install SAM straight away on iOS 5.1.1. Besides the unlocking, you can use SAM also to fix push notification on iOS 5.1.1 and fix Youtube error on iOS 5.1.1 as well.
Follow the instructions below and you are able to install SAM on iOS 5.1.1 to unlock your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS.
Step-By-Step Procedure on How to Install SAM on iOS 5.1.1
- Before you begin, you need a jailbroken iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS. You can do this by following the instructions on how to jailbreak iPhone on iOS 5.1.1 in these articles via Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze.
- When you already have a jailbroken iDevice, or you proceeded the previous step successfully, you can launch Cydia from the springboard. On the homepage, tap on the ‘Manage’ tab. You can find this at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen you will have several choices. Tap on the large button which says ‘Sources’.
- On the screen that follows, tap the ‘edit’ button on the top right of your screen. After that, tap the ‘Add’ button that will appear in the next screen in the top left portion.
- A screen will appear, asking you to enter the Cydia/APT URL. You need to type: http://repo.bingner.com. To finish up, tap the ‘Add Source’ button.
- Cydia will now automatically start updating. When Cydia is done with the update, tap the ‘return to Cydia’ button at the bottom.
- Tap on the ‘search’ tab and type ‘SAM’ in the searchfield.
- Find ‘SAM’ in the search results and tap on the button ‘Install’. This button is located on the top right of your screen. After this the installation will start automatically.
- If the installation is finished, you can restart your iDevice or just restart the Springboard.
- Next step is to insert your NEW SIM card. The display will say ‘no service’ for now. On your springboard you will find the application ‘SAMPrefs’.
- Tap on the app ’utilities’. In the next screen, tap on the button which says ‘De-Activate iPhone’. If everything went well, you can find the ActivationState ‘Unactivated’ on the ‘more information’ screen.
- While SAM is enabled, tap ‘Method’ and change the setting from ‘Auto Detect’ to ‘By Country and Carrier’.
- Go back one step on the SAM menu and tap ‘Country’. After this, choose the country of the ORIGINAL SIM.
- Again one step back in the menu and tap on ‘Carrier’. In the next screen, select the ORIGINAL carrier which the iPhone is locked to.
- Once again one step back in the menu. If your carrier has more than one carrier-ID, select SIM ID.
- Now you can navigate to the screen ‘More Information’ and copy the IMSI which you can find under the text ‘SAM Details’. Next step is to tap on the button ‘Spoof Real SIM to SAM’.
- Now you can return to SAM’s main menu and paste the IMSI number you copied in step 16.
- In this step you can connect your iPhone with your computer and start iTunes. iTunes will proceed to re-activate your iPhone. Double-click on ‘Phone Number’. Here you must check if the ICCID matches with the one of your SIM-card. If there is not a match, you must go back in the process and re-do step 10.
- Disconnect your device from the computer and quit iTunes. On your iPhone, launch SAMPrefs from your springboard and disable SAM through the ‘Enabled’ switch.
- Now again connect your iPhone with the computer and launch iTunes again. If everything is fine, you should see the message ‘failure to activate’. Don’t panic! This is normal. Just quit iTunes and launch it again.
After a few minutes, when everything is done the right way, you should be able to see signal bars.
Fix Push Notifications After installing SAM on iOS 5.1.1
If, after performing all these steps, Push Notifications don’t work, you can restore that by using the ‘Clear Push Utility’ in SAM. After that, you just need to connect to iTunes.
That’s all folks! Lot of steps to do! But if you do this well, the reward will be good! You should now know everything on how to install SAM on iOS 5.1.1.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback