It was not long ago that the iPhone Dev-Team updated their ever-reliable jailbreak tool Redsn0w, which now can now jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 untethered. Redsn0w 0.9.10b7 is now available for download and it features quite a few notable changes that are certainly useful. One notable change that was added to the latest version of Redsn0w is that it now incorporates Corona-A5 exploit that can jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 untethered. Here's a quick tutorial on How to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b7.
- iPhone 4S | iOS 5.0 (build 9A334)
- iPhone 4S | iOS 5.0.1 (build 9A405)
- iPhone 4S | iOS 5.0.1 (build 9A406)
- iPad 2 | 5.0.1 (build 9A405)
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4S & iPad 2 Untethered on iOS 5.0/5.0.1 Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b7:
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b7 on Mac or Windows.
- Launch Redsn0w 0.9.10b7 and click on the jailbreak button.
- Now you will be instructed to connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 in Normal mode (connect your device and launch iTunes). Click Next.
- In this step you will be asked to place your device into DFU mode. Simply follow the on-screen instruction on how to place your device into DFU mode and you should be fine.
- Once your device is placed into DFU mode, Redsn0w will now proceed to do its thing. All you need to do is wait for a few seconds.
- After that, you will be presented with a couple of options. Simply check "Install Cydia" for now and click Next.
- The Corona-A5 exploit will now be applied into your device. All activity will now take place in your device so simply sit back and let Redsn0w jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Don't worry because you are pretty much done.
And that's it! If you have followed the instructions on how to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 listed above, you should now have an untethered jailbreak. Congratulations!!Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback