Download iOS 5.1 Custom IPSW for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad

If you are a Windows user who owns a jailbreak iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, then there is a strong possibility that you have used the popular jailbreak tool, Sn0wbreeze by iH8sn0w. One major feature that Sn0wbreeze has is that it allows the user to create custom IPSWs which is of course essential if you are intending to preserve your device's baseband version so that it can be unlocked either through Ultrasn0w or an interposer SIM.

iOS 4.3.1 Custom IPSW Download iOS 5.1 Custom IPSW for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad
But if some reason you are not able to create a custom IPSW because Sn0wbreeze is throwing you some errors, you can choose to download the custom IPSW of your respective devices through the links that are provided below. Upon successful restore, you should be able to use Ultrasn0w fixer for 5.1 in order to unlock your iPhone.

iOS 5.1Custom IPSW for iPhone 4 GSM (Activated)

Download from Extabit | Download from TurboBit

iOS 5.1Custom IPSW for iPhone 4 CDMA

Download from Extabit

iOS 5.1 Custom IPSW for iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom - Activated)

Download from Extabit | Download from TurboBit

iOS 5.1 Custom IPSW for iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom - Baseband 06.15 - Activated)

Download from Extabit

iOS 5.1 Custom IPSW for iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom - Activated)

Download from Extabit | Download from TurboBit

iOS 5.1 Custom IPSW for iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom - Baseband 06.15 - Activated)

Download from Extabit

iOS 5.1 Custom IPSW for 1st-Gen iPad

Download from Extabit

iOS 5.1 Custom IPSW for iPod Touch 3G

Download from Extabit

iOS 5.1 Custom IPSW for iPod Touch 4G

Download from Extabit

Once you have successfully downloaded the custom IPSW for your device, you will have to place your device into Pwned DFU Mode in preparation for the restore process through iTunes. After the restore process, you will need to use iBooty 2.3 so you can boot your device into a tethered jailbreak state. iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom) owners need not to use iBooty because you already have an untethered iOS 5.1 jailbreak. [Thanks to Mahmood1 for iOS 5.1 Custom IPSW links.]

Sergio De La Garza2 years, 8 months ago

Hello! the activated means that initial configuration of the ios 5 it does not appears? or it appear as well!? please help me!

Mohammed Ali2 years, 8 months ago

I promptly want to ask you a question in regards of my iPad 2. I purchased an iPad2 with IOS 5.0 installed. Kindly let me know if there is any possibility of getting the version IOS 5.0.1 as the jailbreak is available. So i would want the jailbreak on my iPad, As you know if i update, automatically get the latest version 5.1so…

Thanks in Advance

Pesmerga2 years, 8 months ago

Since Apple has stopped signing iOS 5.0.1, you will not be able to restore to that firmware version. You will be forced to update to iOS 5.1.

Sorry, you have definitely missed the untethered jailbreak.

TravisBickle2 years, 8 months ago

Hi Jaxov, I have a 3gs iOS 4.1 running IPAD BB and on Cydia (just updated) I now see I have SHSH blobs saved for 5.1, what should I do to upgrade to 5.1? Do you recommend it? Can I ask you a link to a good guide? I have never done the process…thank you!

Pesmerga2 years, 8 months ago

Are you looking for an untethered jailbreak? iOS 5.1 is currently tethered as of now. The latest untethered is for iOS 5.0.1, which isn’t being signed by Apple now, thus you are stuck with iOS 5.1 when upgrading.

TravisBickle2 years, 8 months ago

Yes! I have a 3GS old bootroom and I heard it’s the only device that can run on an unthetered jb.

Pesmerga2 years, 8 months ago

Then you are good to go. Just make sure to preserve your baseband when updating.

Blackbox-iphone.com2 years, 8 months ago

Good guide, thanks!

anon2 years, 8 months ago

I have iPhone4, would the Semi-Tether package work on this?

Pesmerga2 years, 8 months ago

Yes, the package has been updated to work with iOS 5.1.

anon2 years, 8 months ago

Awesome, how about Corona?  Probably just should have asked that first..

Pesmerga2 years, 8 months ago

No, untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 as of now. We have to wait a little while for that. If you have iOS 5.0.1, stick with that if you don’t want to lose your untethered jailbreak.