When someone says SSH into iPhone they mean that you should connect your iPhone to your computer over SSH. SSH (Secure Shell) is a method of connecting to your iPhone and allows you to add or remove files from your iDevice. This is extremely useful for users who cannot download the needed file on an iPhone and need some way of getting it onto their phone. SSH can also be used as an iTunes alternative if you want to transfer music to your iDevice without iTunes, but for that, you must install PwnPlayer app from Cydia.
- Once when your iPhone is jailbroken, go to Cydia and search for "OpenSSH".
- Install and confirm.
- Now you need to download an FTP Client for Windows or Mac if you haven't already.
- Before trying to SSH into iPhone, you need to know the local IP address of your iPhone.
- Open FileZilla and start a new connection. The login details for you iPhone will be the following:
- You are now connected to your iPhone through SSH! From here you can install or remove files from your iPhone. You now know how to SSH into iPhone.
Note: One way of finding your wifi IP address is by going to Settings -> WIFI -> (right arrow to connected network) -> IP Address
Host: IP address you just found