In older versions, it was rather difficult to rotate video in iMovie. This is no longer the case in iMovie'11. You do not need to download any plugins or do anything special. The tools you need, are now built right into iMovie'11 itself. You can now rotate video in iMovie at 90, 180, and 270 degrees. If you are looking for information on iMovie for other devices you can find more information from our iMovie for iPhone page and iMovie for iPad page.
How to Rotate Video in iMovie?
First of all, you need to make sure that you are running the latest version of iMovie, iMovie'11. If you have recently bought a new Mac, then iMovie should be pre-installed on your machine.
- Open iMovie and the project video that you wish to rotate.
- Select the clip that you wish to rotate.
- Select "Crop" from the menu bar in the middle. This button is indicated in the image below.
- Then select one of 2 buttons at the top: rotate "Clockwise" or "Rotate Counterclockwise"
- When you have chosen the right angle, select done.
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback
Yes, it is that simple. You now know how to rotate video in iMovie'11!