If you've got your fair share of web browser usage, then you will know that one of the most obnoxious things that you can encounter are unwanted toolbars. While they can enhance your web browsing experience with features like one-click search, pop-up blockers, more accessible bookmarks etc., you do not really need many of them. Excessive toolbars can actually reduce your browsing speed, take up too much browser screen real estate and they are just flat-out annoying. Fortunately, whether you are getting tired of a particular toolbar or just unwittingly installed one, uninstalling them from Firefox and Internet Explorer is relatively easy. Here's how to remove unwanted toolbars from Interet Explorer & Firefox.
Steps to Remove Unwanted Toolbars From Firefox
- Launch Firefox.
- Click on the Firefox button at top-left portion of the screen.
- Click on the Add-ons options. Or you can use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+A to access it faster.
- Firefox should then open the Add-ons Manager tab. Click on Extensions and you should see a list of all the extensions you've installed. Toolbars should also be found here (In my case it is the Yahoo! toolbar).
- Click on the toolbar that you want to uninstall and you have the option of disabling it or removing it altogether. Click Remove to uninstall the toolbar.
- In order to complete the uninstallation, restart Firefox or you can click Undo to cancel the uninstallation.
Steps to Remove Unwanted Toolbars From Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon found on the top-right portion of the program.
- Click on Internet Options.
- You will be presented with a new window. Click the Programs tab.
- Click on the Manage Add-ons.
- You should see a window. Under the Add-on Types, click on Toolbars and Extensions and you should see a list of the toolbars you've installed.
- Click on the toolbar that you want to remove (in this case, Ask Toolbar). Click Disable. Alternatively, you may also select multiple items and click Disable all.
- Restart Internet Explorer and you should not see unwanted toolbars anymore.