Many people have experienced problems with iBooks after jailbreaking their iPhone or iPad. Many times, especially with the new jailbreaks, iBooks will no longer open. Usually you will get a message saying that there is a configuration error with iBooks and that you should re-download iBooks and of course, this does not help.
People have been looking around for weeks for an answer to the question "How to fix iBooks on iOS 5.1". Well, a solution has been found to fix iBooks 5.1. If anyone is familiar with this fix, that is because it is the same method that was used ages ago before the release of Corona.
Fix iBooks on iOS 5.1 (Details & Tutorial)
The iBooks fix for iOS 5.1 works completely fine. There are no issues with syncing and downloading books. Everything will work normally after you fix iBooks on iOS 5.1. There is, however, one issue: when you have completed the jailbreak there will be a square icon instead of a rounded icon.
Things Needed to Fix iBooks on iOs 5.1
You will need the following things:
- A jailbroken iPhone/iPad: to learn how to jailbreak your iPhone visit our "How to jailbreak iPhone or iPad page."
- iFile (a file browsing application that allows you to move and modify files on your iPhone/iPad)
- SBSettings (or some other program that will allow you to respiring)
Steps to Fix iBooks on iOS 5.1
- Delete your old iBooks application.
- Download a new copy of iBooks from the Apple App store.
- Open iFile and go to: /var/mobile/applications/iBooks.
- Hold your finger on "iBooks.app" and then tap select.
- Tap edit and select "copy/link" from the bottom right hand copy board icon.
- Go all the way to root "/" and then select applications.
- Hold your finger down until you see an option to "paste". Paste the folder into this directory.
- Go into your new iBooks.app folder and select info.plist.
- Select "property list viewer" and select "CFBundleIdentifier ".
- Change "com.apple.iBooks" to "com.apple.iBooksFix".
- Exit iFile and Respring.
- Delete the rounded iBooks icon.
- Respring again.
(for iPhone newbies, you can delete an application by holding your finger on the application until the icons begin to shake, then tap the "x" on the top left corner)
(DO NOT open your newly downloaded copy yet!)
(this can be done by taping on the disk icon on the left-hand side)
Your done! iBooks should now be working!
Congratulations! You know know how to fix iBooks on iOS 5.1.