If you consider yourself to be a heavy internet user utilizing multiple web browsers all at once, then you will have no doubt accumulated tons of browser history files in your computer. Clearing your history for each and every browser that you use can be quite a cumbersome task. Fortunately, there is a program that you can use that will enable you to clear your internet history files in one go; Piriform's CCleaner.
CCleaner is a freeware for Mac and Windows that cleans and optimizes your computer. It is one of the most popular programs when it comes to system cleaning tools and there is a good chance that you have heard of it before. Its reputation is well-deserved as it offers a user-friendly interface and does more than just clean your browser histories and registry.
How to Clear Your Internet History from Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer Using CCleaner
- Download CCleaner from Piriform's website and install it into your computer.
- Run CCleaner after installation.
- To start clearing your browser history, simply navigate to the Cleaner module (default).
- You should see a section for Internet Explorer and check History (or any other options if you want them cleaned as well.)
- On the Applications tab, you should see sections for Firefox and Chrome. Check Internet History (again, you can check other options as well to clean other junk files) for both applications.
- Click on Analyze so the program will give you an overview of all the items to be cleaned.
- Click on Run Cleaner in order to commence the cleaning process. After the cleanup, CCleaner will provide you with the details of the deleted files.
NOTE: Before you proceed with the cleanup process, you might want to do a full system backup or create a restore point. It is better to be safe than sorry.
CCleaner is a great tool to have and considering that it is free, there is pretty much no reason for you not to try it out. The tool can also clean your registry (although it is not necessarily the best one available), uninstall programs, configure startup programs, manage restore points and drive wiper.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback