As an owner of an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you should be well aware that Apple has provided an easy way for users to add music and videos into your iOS devices. But sadly, the road doesn’t exactly go both ways. If you have tried copying files from your iOS device into the computer, you should know that it is not easy. The only way to do it is to use a third-party tool. But finding a tool that doesn’t charge you a premium is also a challenge by itself. Well you need not to look any further, just read this post and you will be transferring your music files in no time. Here’s a tutorial on how to transfer music from iPhone to computer without using iTunes.
Steps on How to Transfer Music From iPhone to Computer without iTunes in Windows:
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into the computer via USB
- Download SharePod into your computer
- Extract the downloaded file and launch SharePod.exe
- Sharepod should have detected your device at this point and will be displaying your playlists
- To copy a specific song, simply select a song (you can select multiple items as well) and click on Copy to Computer on the top left of the program
- A window will pop-up that will ask you where to copy the selected music and how you want it to be organized. Once you have made up your mind, click OK
- Wait while the program copies the files from your iDevice into your computer
NOTE: Initially, Sharepod needs iTunes in order to work (you only need to have it installed). But afterwards, you can uninstall iTunes if you want. Tested on iPod touch 4G running iOS 5.0.1.
Steps on How to Transfer Music From iPhone to Computer without iTunes in Mac:
- Download the DeTune disk image into your Mac. Double-click on the mounted image and drag it into your Applications directory
- Connect your iDevice and launch DeTune. Once your device is properly detected, your library will be displayed
- To start copying songs from the iDevice to your Mac, simply select the songs that you want and drag them into a Finder window or perhaps your desktop
That’s pretty much it, you are done! All of these solutions are totally free, so you do not have to worry about trial periods and the like. These are the easiest solutions that one can find. If you have other methods to transfer music from iPhone to computer, feel free to share them in the comments section.