If you are someone who installs jailbreak tweaks and apps in order to customize pretty much every aspect of your iOS device, then chances are you are quite familiar with Springtomize, one of the most popular jailbreak app in Cydia. And such popularity is well-deserved because it offers a dizzying number of ways for you to customize your device. Now author Filippo Bigarella has updated Springtomize 2 which will now include support for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 plus a host of new features.
The last major update for the Springtomize 2 was in order to make it fully compatible with iOS 5. And now this new update is to provide support for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 which have just recently received the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak. Take note that Springtomize 2 works only for the iOS 5, if you are running on iOS 4 or lower, you will have to go with the original Springtomize.
Springtomize 1.2-1 brings a host of bug fixes that considerably improves the user experience while using the jailbreak app. Here are the list of bug fixes:
- random icons flipping while coverflow effect was enabled
- icon image effects not applying to webclips
- dock icons disappearing after hiding dock under certain circumstances
- folder labels not hiding in the dock, when "Hide Labels" for Dock was enabled
- the user is now informed if the daemon is not running when toggling substrate addons
- notifications on lock screen misplaced when top bar was disabled
- automatic backups not working on some devices
- folders shadow not hiding properly
But that's not all. Filippo Bigarella seems to be quite busy lately, as more sweet features are added to Springtomize 2. Below is the list of new features for the latest Springtomize 2 update according to the complete change log:
- Full iPad, iPad 2 and iPhone 4S compatibility
- new options for the coverflow dock effect, including 3 different modes and the ability to adjust different aspects
- landscape / portrait options for icons for the iPad
- transparent notification center
- hide dock shadow
- hide AM/PM in status bar
As you can see, a kickass jailbreak app is now ever more better than ever. And for $2.99, you definitely have a great deal on your hands. So get it now from Cydia.
Before you can download and install Springtomize 2, you obviously need to have a jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Lucky for you, we have the tutorials that you need. For iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users, you will need to download the Absinthe Jailbreak Tool. For instructions on how to jailbreak your iDevice on Mac using Absinthe, refer to our Jailbreak iPhone 4S Guide for Mac or for Windows users, you can read our Jailbreak iPhone 4S Guide for Windows. As for the rest of the devices (A4), you can use our iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak guide. [via ModMyi]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback