One of the worst thing that you can do while using your iPhone is to unwittingly delete an important text message. It can be rather frustrating especially if the deleted message is regarding an urgent matter like your shopping list or road directions. Once you have deleted an SMS, normally it would be gone for good. I said "normally" because there is actually a way for you to recover deleted text messages (SMS) on your iPhone.
Before You Proceed:
- You will be needing a jailbroken iPhone. For instructions on how to jailbreak an iPhone 4S, refer to our Absinthe Jailbreak guide for: Windows, Mac. For non-A5 iPhones, check out our iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak guide.
Steps on How to Recover Deleted Text Messages (SMS) from iPhone:
- In a jailbroken iPhone, launch Cydia.
- Tap the Search tab below and search for the Undelete SMS jailbreak app under BigBoss repo.
- Tap on the Undelete SMS app and tap Install ($6.99) on the top left part of the screen.
- After installation, reboot or respring if needed. There should be a new springboard icon of Undelete SMS in your homescreen.
- Launch Undelete SMS and tap OK. The app should display remnants of your SMS in plain text view where you can copy and paste into an email, SMS or note.
NOTE: Because of the recovery nature of the app, there is no guarantee that you will be able to recover deleted text messages. It is quite possible that the data you are looking for have been overwritten with new data.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback