As you may already know a week ago, Apple's latest and greatest smartphone, the iPhone 4S, has succumbed to the skills and determination of the jailbreak community. And thus, the iPhone 4S is now jailbreakable. When it comes to the benefits of jailbreaking, there is no doubt that one of the most notable one is the ability to install Installous. If you want to try out premium apps from the App Store before buying them, then you will definitely need Installous. Here's a quick tutorial on How to Install Installous on Jailbroken iPhone 4S Running iOS 5.0 / 5.0.1.
Steps to Install Installous on Jailbroken iPhone 4S Running iOS 5.0 / 5.0.1:
- First of course, you need to jailbreak your iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0 / 5.0.1. For instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone 4S, you can refer to our comprehensive tutorials for Mac / Windows.
- After jailbreaking your iPhone 4S, launch Cydia.
- While in Cydia's home page, tap the Manage tab which is located at the lower right portion of the screen. And on the next screen, tap Sources.
- Tap the Edit button at the top right of the screen. Then tap the Add button at the top left portion of the screen. Now you will be asked to input the Cydia/APT URL. Type in the following: http://cydia.hackulo.us, and then tap Add Source to finalize.
- Once the Hackulo.us repo has been added, the Cydia sources list for a few seconds. Once that's done, it is time to search for Installous by tapping the Search tab at the lower right of the screen. Type "Installous" into the search bar without the quotes.
- When Installous 4 appears in the search results, tap it. On the Installous page, you should see the Install button on the top right corner of the screen. Tap it to begin the installation.
- To start downloading cracked apps, simply launch Installous from your homescreen. Tap Search from the bottom of the screen and type in the name of the app that you wish to download. Downloaded apps will be at the Downloads tab where you can also install the app.
And that's pretty much it, you are done! If you have any questions, let us know in the comments section.