It's finally here folks, the jailbreak solution that iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users have been waiting for. The tool is called Absinthe from no other that the Chronic Dev Team. And as usual we will once again provide the most comprehensive guide so that you can jailbreak your device with ease (don't worry, the tool itself is very easy to use). So let's get to it!
Before You Proceed:
- This jailbreak guide is for Mac only is made using the Absinthe v0.2 which fixes the VPN / tapping Absinthe icon and white Springboard icon issues.
- Make sure that you have made a backup of all the files (music, videos etc) in your device using iTunes.
- For iPad 2 owners, keep in mind that you need to be in iOS 5.0.1 before you can use this tool and apply the jailbreak.
Supported Devices and Firmware:
- iPhone 4S | iOS 5.0 (9A334)
- iPhone 4S | iOS 5.0.1 (9A405)
- iPhone 4S | “other” iOS 5.0.1 (9A406)
- iPad 2 | iOS 5.0.1 (9A405)
Steps on How to Jailbreak the iPhone 4S & iPad 2 in Mac Using Absinthe:
- First, you will of course need to download Absinthe for Mac. You will then need to extract the file and launch Absinthe.
- Now, connect either your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 into your computer via USB.
- Absinthe should be able to inform you which A5 device have you connected and the firmware version. Once the detection is finished, click on the Jailbreak button.
- Now Absinthe will show many different status messages while applying the jailbreak. The process itself can be quite lengthy. At one point, it will say "Waiting for reboot - not done yet, don't unplug your device yet!", then it will reboot your device and proceed with the jailbreak. During this step, DO NOT touch or unplug your device.
- Once the previous step has been completed, you may be asked to unlock your device, so go ahead and do that if necessary. Now you will have to find the Absinthe icon from your Springboard and tap it.
- Once the icon is tapped, you will be shown a webview of the GreenPois0n site and your device will then restart. Once your device has been successfully rebooted, the Absinth icon should now be replaced with the Cydia icon.
And that's pretty much it, you are done! Congratulation, your iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is now jailbroken! Get to Cydia and start downloading your favorite jailbreak tweaks and apps.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback