The iPhone Dev-Team just released the newest version of Ultrasn0w, which is now version 1.2.5. With this, iPhone 4 and 3GS owners can now unlock their devices on iOS 5.0.1. And as usual, we will be providing you a tutorial on how to use Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 to unlock iPhone 3GS/4 on iOS 5.0.1.
NOTE: You can only use Ultrasn0w if you have managed to preserve your unlockable baseband by updating to iOS 5.0.1 using a custom IPSW created using Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze. If you haven't done that then this guide will be of no use to you. In addition to that, this version of Ultrasn0w will ONLY work for the following basebands:
To check for your iPhone's baseband just navigate to Settings > General > About and check “Modem Firmware” near the bottom of the page. If you baseband doesn't match one of the basebands listed above, then you cannot use this guide.
Steps to Unlock iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 5.0.1 with Ultrasn0w 1.2.5:
- First you will need to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 into your iPhone by using a jailbreak tool such as Redsn0w. If you need some assistance, you can use our iOS 5.0.1 Redsn0w tethered jailbreak guide. If you want to convert your tethered jailbreak into a semi-tethered one, you can use our semi-tethered guide.
- After jailbreaking, Cydia will now be available. Launch Cydia.
- The required repository for installing Ultrasn0w is now available in Cydia by defaut. But for some strange reason or for educational purpose, you can add a repository by tapping Manage then Sources, and then select Add and you will be prompted to enter the Cydia/APT URL. Add the following repo: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com
- Tap on Search located below the screen. Search for the tool by typing Ultrasn0w at the search bar. Make sure that you install only from the official Ultrasn0w repo.
- Select Ultrasn0w from the results and tap Install from the top right of the screen.
- Cydia will then take care of the rest. And that's it, you have now unlocked your iPhone.