As we have reported earlier, iH8sn0w has pushed out a new version of its first ever SHSH dumping tool, dubbed as iFaith v1.4. Now you can use iFaith to save SHSH blobs of firmware iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1. This version does not only save the SHSH blobs but the APticket as well which is useful if you are going to restore to iOS 5.0 or iOS 5.0.1 later.
Yes, with iFaith v1.4, you can now create a custom IPSW for iOS 5.0 and restore to it later. If you have been keeping up with jailbreak news, the rumored untethered jailbreak will be coming to iOS 5.0. So you can upgrade to firmware higher than iOS 5.0 without worries as long as you use this latest version of iFaith to save your SHSH blobs. And here we are again to provide you with an in-depth tutorial on how to save iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 SHSH blobs using iFaith v1.4.
Before You Proceed:
- iFaith v1.4 (or any versions of it for that matter) only works for Windows OS.
- Saving iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 SHSH blobs doesn't require a jailbroken device, so go ahead and do it, you have nothing to lose.
- iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users are out of luck since A5 devices are not supported by iFaith yet.
Steps on How to Save iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 SHSH Blobs using iFaith:
- First is of course you need to download the latest version of iFaith (version 1.4). Just click on the link to download iFaith v1.4.
- Once you have finished download, extract the downloaded zipped file into your desktop (or whichever location you prefer).
- From the extracted files, launch iFaith by double-clicking the iFaith-v1.4.exe file.
- When iFaith has launched, simply click on the "Dump SHSH Blobs" button.
- You will be presented with a couple of instructions which you may want to read and when you are ready, click Proceed. The Credits and Thanks page will show up and then just click Let's Go. You will be asked if you are dumping an Apple TV 2, just click whatever applies.
- Now you will be in a page where you must place your device in DFU mode. Just follow the on-screen instructions on how to do it.
NOTE: Be sure that you close all instances of iTunes if it is running.
- Once the program detects that it is in DFU Mode, iFaith will now begin grabbing your device's SHSH blobs.
- When the process of SHSH blobs grabbing is finished, you will be asked to save the blob cache to your preferred location. Save it.
- Once you have saved it, you should see a dialog box confirming that your SHSH blobs has been successfully saved.
And that's it, congratulations! With this process you have saved your device's SHSH blobs and downgrading in the future won't ever be a problem anymore. You just have to click on the Build Signed IPSW button that's found on the main interface of iFaith in order to downgrade. All we have to do now is wait for that sweet untethered jailbreak.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback