In order to ensure that people sticks to the latest version of the iOS, Apple has been performing special checks which makes it difficult to downgrade on older firmware. Even if you use the SHSH blobs that are saved in Cydia or TinyUmbrella, downgrading is still not possible. Until a few days ago that is, when iH8sn0w released a new version of iFaith. Now here's a guide on how to downgrade from iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 5.0 using iFaith 1.4.
Before You Proceed:
- iFaith doesn't work with A5 devices which means that the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S are out.
- This tutorial is only applicable if you have already saved the SHSH blobs and APTicket of the firmware you intend to downgrade into using iFaith. We have previously wrote a tutorial on how to save SHSH blobs using iFaith if you need some help.
Steps on How to Downgrade iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 5.0 Using iFaith:
- First you must download iFaith 1.4 for Windows.
- Once that's done, launch the program and select the "Build *signed* IPSW w/ Blobs" button.
- Now you will be asked to browse for the saved SHSH blobs for your current device firmware.
- Then you will need to browse for the stock firmware version which you are intending to downgrade into, in this case it is the iOS 5.0 stock IPSW. Selecting "Build IPSW" will have iFaith create a custom firmware complete with SHSH blobs and APTicket.
- Click on Proceed and you will be asked to put your device to DFU Mode. iFaith has a built-in DFU Pwner so just follow the onscreen instructions.
- Now close iFaith and launch iTunes. You should see your device on the left-hand menu. Hold Shift and click on Restore so you can browse for the iOS 5.0 IPSW you have created in STEP 4.
And that is pretty much it. Your device should downgrade to iOS 5.0 now. Again, this tutorial is only applicable if you were able to save the SHSH blobs + APTicket of iOS 5.0 prior to upgrading to iOS 5.0.1. So if you are currently on iOS 5.0, we suggest that you grab your SHSH blobs + APTicket and store it in a safe place. Why?
We have reported yesterday that the much coveted iOS 5 untethered jaibreak will be coming to iOS 5.0, although iOS 5.0.1 is also being worked on. If you have saved the iOS 5.0 SHSH blobs, then you can always restore to it once the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 becomes available, which we suspect would be soon enough.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback