Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 to Fix MobileSubstrate Bug for Windows & Mac [Direct Links]

Unless you've been living in a cave or have been spending the holidays in a remote tropical island, then chances are you already know that the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak is finally upon us. This much awaited jailbreak by pod2g has finally seen the light of day and is definitely one of the best gifts a jailbreak fan can receive. Unfortunately, it is far from perfect as the jailbreak needs some issues that needs to be addressed fast. Thankfully, iPhone Dev-Team is always on the case.

Redsn0w Logo
Yesterday, we brought to you a report that the iPhone Dev-Team has released a new version of Redsn0w which was Redsn0w 0.9.10b2. The update was supposedly to fix the "launchctl" bug which caused some Cydia tweaks and apps to be unresponsive. The package Corona 5.0.1 Untether was updated to version 1.0-3 as well for the same purpose. But apparently, those who have re-applied the jailbreak using Redsn0w 0.9.10b2 have experienced a major issue: Jailbreak tweaks and apps are not working anymore.

As it turned out, Redsn0w 0.9.10b2 has caused the MobileSubstrate to stop running which naturally caused many other tweaks and apps that relies on it to stop working altogether. We have provided a workaround in a previous post that involved reinstalling MobileSubstrate and rebooting your device which certainly solved the issue. Because of this, the iPhone Dev-Team has made yet another update to Redsn0w to fix this nasty bug. Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 is now available for download.
redsn0w 0.9.10b3
From the iPhone Dev-Team Blog:

Update #3: The b3 version of redsn0w fixes a problem where re-running redsn0w over an existing jailbreak would cause MobileSubstrate-based apps to stop running until MS was installed again. Now you can re-run the redsn0w jailbreak step without worrying about that (but still remember to de-select the “Install Cydia” option if it’s already installed).

Again, we are advising you to re-apply the jailbreak in case you haven't solved the MobileSubstrate issue yet. Just remember to un-check "Install Cydia" when running this latest version of Redsn0w. iPhone Dev-Team also advises to manually pre-select the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW under Extras > Select IPSW, in case Redsn0w's auto-detection fails.

We would like to thank the iPhone Dev-Team for their swift updates to ensure that a smooth, bug free untethered jailbreak experience for fans like us. It is highly expected that there will still be bugs to be found but you can trust that the Dev-Team will address them in no time.

Download Links:

Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for Mac OS X
Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for Windows

srikanth4 years, 11 months ago

Hi

I am having signal problems with iOS5.0.1 on iPhone3GS.
    what is the solution for it? plz help me.

thanking you.

Patrick4 years, 11 months ago

What baseband are you on?

Srikanth4 years, 10 months ago

my IPhones baseband is 05 12.01

thanking u

Frankie4 years, 11 months ago

Hi! Question: I have an iPhone 3gs with iOS 4.2.1 and bb 05.13.04. It’s already jbed and unlocked with sn0wbreeze and ultrasn0w. To do this 5.0.1 jailbreak I know I have to create a custom IPSW first to preserve my baseband, but my question is after that, when I have to jb and redsn0w asks me to select my options, do I have to check on “Install Cydia” or is not necessary because my iPhone is already jbed in 4.2.1? And what about the other checks?

Thanks!

Patrick4 years, 11 months ago

Using a custom IPSW will make you restore your device, so you will lose all data, including your jailbreak.

pooria.ms4 years, 11 months ago

hi jaxov

i’ve used redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for jailbreaking my iphone 4.
    it is really good but i have a problem with some of my apps.

i’ve bought and installed them from itunes (like “skyscanner” or “AppGoneFree”) but when i want to open them, they just crash (not immediately, but after a few seconds).

please help me

Patrick4 years, 11 months ago

Have you tried rebooting your device? Or reinstalling the app might work.

neverhood4 years, 11 months ago

I tried updating with a custom IPSW and redsn0w 0.9.10b3 but wrongly checked only “instal cydia” although my iPhone4 was already jailbroken (4.2) and working fine.
    Now it just keeps restarting and cannot do anything about it (had to wait until the battery was depleted, cannot even turn it off).
    Should I restore it with iTunes? Anything I can do via redsn0w?
    Please help.

neverhood4 years, 11 months ago

I tried rebooting it with redsn0w and now it just says frozen with the pineapple logo.

m11ggas4 years, 11 months ago

hi guys HAPPY NEWYEAR to all….. i updated to ios 5.0.1 on my iphone 3gs after which i jailbreak through redsnow… i noticed when putting dfu mode the phone recognised was a iphone 2 and wen given the option of what boxes to check ie cydia their were 3 other boxes but the 1 regards baterry percentage wasent their… i carried on regardless… does this mateer and has any1 else noticed this? the jailbreak went through fine cydia was installed no probs.. after installing installous for some reason the apps r not installing or comes up with api error… am i missing something out? do i need to download anything else? plz help..
    many thnxs for replies

Patrick4 years, 11 months ago

Have you tried reinstalling the repo and installous itself? Anyway, API errors occur when there is so much traffic going on. So if it still not working now, you might want to try again later!!

Hope that helps!!

cydia244 years, 11 months ago

I have an iPhone 4 v 5.0.1 BB 04.11.08 tethered ; if i install the latest update of cydia :installcydia-ifile-MobileSubstrate , the iphone go untethered ; but cydia dos’nt work. help me please.

Patrick4 years, 11 months ago

You got it wrong! You will not install MobileSubstrate, download Redsn0w version at the bottom of this post and use that to jailbreak your device, or go to Cydia and install Corona.. More details here: http://bit.ly/siQ9t1

M11ggas4 years, 11 months ago

Hi when updating to ios 5.0.1 through itunes is it essential to use a custom firmware made by redsnow or not? What is the reason for savings ur baseband and do we all have to do this? I have iphone 3gs 4.3.3untethered jailbreak at moment that is factory unlocked on all networks. In which way would you recommend me to upgrade and jailbreak?
    Thanks for replies.

JackLord4 years, 11 months ago

Since your iPhone is already factory unlocked, there is no need to preserve your baseband. Baseband preservation is only for those who relies on Gevey or Ultrasn0w. You can go ahead update and jailbreak and not worry about losing your unlock!

Hope that helps!!

M11ggas4 years, 11 months ago

Thanks jacklord for reply just 1 more thing will I lose all my jailbreak apps and tweets when updating if so how do I go about keeping them all?
        Many thanks in advance jacklord….

JackLord4 years, 11 months ago

If you update through OTA (over the air), then you won’t be losing anything. But I guess that option is not available in iOS 4.3.3, so you will lose your jailbreak if you update to iOS 5.0.1, along with your jb tweaks, apps etc.

In order to backup your Cydia sources, packages etc, you can use PkgBackup: http://bit.ly/uGHP16

As for your important data, such as your photos, videos, emails, text messages, and contacts you can back it up using iTunes.

Hope that helps!!

M11ggas4 years, 11 months ago

Hey jacklord thanks so much for ur advice and links It’s certainly made things alot clearer……
            Hopefully will update 2morrow and jailbreak will let u guys know how its gone.
            Many thanks once again jacklord…

chase4 years, 11 months ago

your mac link is giving a windows download, i had to get software from the dev team blog

JackLord4 years, 11 months ago

Thanks for the heads-up. Links should be fixed now.

/iAi\4 years, 11 months ago

Will (jailbreakme.com) support iOS 5.0.1 ?
    Then we can jailbreak online…

JackLord4 years, 11 months ago

If pod2g successfully jailbreaks A5 devices (iPhone 4S and iPad 2), then maybe MuscleNerd will update JailbreakMe. The original creator Comex is already working with Apple so there is no way of telling for sure.

ivan4 years, 11 months ago

my 3GS (baseband 06.15:00)after updated to IOS 5, no network, can help?

Anjum4 years, 11 months ago

Considering all the bugs in the jailbreak, isn’t it better to wait for some time for jailbreak , till all problems are sorted out?

JackLord4 years, 11 months ago

Yes, that would be a good action to take. The fixes are for the people who hurriedly installed the untethered (who can blame them?). As of now, the only significant I have on my device is that iBooks doesn’t seem to work now. I imagine a fix will be available soon once the jailbreak has been stabilized.

Anjum4 years, 11 months ago

I’ve been waiting eagerly for so long, can wait for some more time now.. When would all the fixes be done? i mean how much time will it take for it to function properly, so that i get on with the upgrade..

JackLord4 years, 11 months ago

In my opinion, the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak is still not yet mature hence the bugs and glitches that we currently see. The jailbreak is still fresh, so people are still in the process of providing feedbacks which will help jailbreak devs with perfecting the jb.

If you don’t want to deal with the issues and can afford to wait, then perhaps it is best if you postpone the upgrade. Unfortunately, there is no way of saying when the jb will be bug-free or if ever.

Anjum4 years, 11 months ago

so i did upgrade… and ended up in some problem.. everything went fine.. i jail broke..synced it with iTunes.. but now the phone isn’t responding.. stuck on a black screen with the loading sign. the power button doesn’t work either.please help.

Anjum4 years, 11 months ago

well i fixed that using boot tethered option in redsnow.. still, my phone got hung up yet again.. had to perform the same fix.. any solution to this?

MarcosVP4 years, 11 months ago

Hello guys, I have a question, I have an iPhone3GS, BB: 05.16.05.

And I have looked for a unlock solution and the only way I have founded was:
    – BB upgrade to the iPad’s BB.
    – Then jailbreak and unlock it.

But, when I was at the BB upgrade, redsn0w show a message about my iPhone’s serial #, and the alert was about the week of the iPhone…
    “if this is an iPhone3GS and if the week is 35 of 2011 or later do NOT proceed… if the serial # was xx135 or later do not proceed…”

And I checked my serial # and its: xx935

And I don’t know if I can proceed or not :s

Anyone can help me?

Thankful.

JackLord4 years, 11 months ago

Redsn0w use the iPhone serial number to check the bootrom version of your iPhone. If you are confused then simply check the bootrom version using iH8sn0w’s iDetector tool. If iPhone has newer bootrom choose yes http://i.imgur.com/nC8ki.jpg and if not then choose NO.

Joe4 years, 11 months ago

Hi
    My iPhone 3GS was already jailbroken and unlocked. Currently it is at iOS 4.1 and firmware 6.15.X version.

How do I use this tool to apply iOS 5.x on it?

Joe

JackLord4 years, 11 months ago

Currently you can only update to iOS 5.0.1. If you are going to restore to iOS 5.0.1, be sure that you use a custom iOS 5.0.1 firmware made by Redsn0w in order to preserve your baseband.

This tool is for applying the untethered jailbreak after you have restored your device to iOS 5.0.1.