Download RedSn0w 0.9.10b2 for Windows & Mac, Fixes iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak “Launchctl” Error [Download Links]

As you may already know after a long time of waiting, the jailbreak community is finally treated to the much awaited iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak, thanks to the jailbreak hero, pod2g. But apparently, the untethered jailbreak is still not yet perfect and got some issues that needs to be ironed out. Which is why the iPhone Dev-Team released a new version of Redsn0w to address the issue.

Redsn0w Tool
Jay "Saurik" Freeman mentioned that the Cydia package, Corona 5.0.1 Untether was updated in order to fix a bug that rendered various Cydia tweaks to not work properly. This is due to the fact that pod2g's iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak somehow affected an extension library called launchctl which is being relied upon by various jailbreak tweaks and apps. The new version of the Corona 5.0.1 Untether package which is now 1.0-3 is aimed to address this issue.
redsn0w 0.9.10b2
And this update also prompted the iPhone Dev-Team to update Redsn0w which is now on version 0.9.10b2. Here's the change log for the latest version of Redsn0w from the iPhone Dev Team blog:

The b2 version of redsn0w includes the launchctl-related fix by @planetbeing as mentioned by @saurik here and here.  As usual, you can just re-run redsn0w in jailbreak mode over your existing 5.0.1 jailbreak (even a PwnageTool one), making sure to de-select “Install Cydia” if you do.  Always be sure to do a controlled “slide to power off” shutdown of your device before running redsn0w.

IMPORTANT:

For those who have used Corona to jailbreak their device, then it would be best that you head to Cydia and install the latest version which is Corona 5.0.1 Untether 1.0-3. For those who have used Redsn0w 0.9.10b1, you can reapply the jailbreak by running this latest version of Redsn0w (0.9.10b1) but be sure to UN-CHECK "Install Cydia", failing to do so will reinstall Cydia and you will lose your jailbreak apps and tweaks.

Problems After Installing Redsn0w 0.9.10b2?

After installing Redsn0w 0.9.10b2, users are experiencing problems and to be specific, jailbreak tweaks and apps are apparently not working. I myself have experienced the problem after reapplying the untethered jailbreak. The fix is actually quite simple, just head over to Cydia and reinstall the Mobile Substrate package. After reinstalling the package, just reboot your device and your Cydia tweaks and apps should be working again now.

Download Links:

Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b2 for Mac OS X
Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b2 for Windows

manu654 years, 8 months ago

Someone could help me please!!!! I have an iphone 4 ios 5.0.1 jailbreak Untethered redsn0w_win_0.9.10b2, I can open cydia but i can’t use it otherwise my phone froze and i need to jailbreak it again to make it work. Thanks for any information could help to fix this :(
    Even if I reinstall the Mobile Substrate package and reboot my device. My iphone still froze.

Patrick4 years, 8 months ago

You can try reapplying the jailbreak using the latest version of Redsn0w, found here: http://bit.ly/sEvhr9

Just be sure to uncheck the “Install Cydia” option.

Hope that helps!!

manu654 years, 8 months ago

Someone could help us please!!!! I have an iphone 4 ios 5.0.1 jailbreak Untethered redsn0w_win_0.9.10b2, I can open cydia but i can’t use it otherwise my phone froze and i need to jailbreak it again to make it work. Thanks for any information could help to fix this :(
    Like Reply

Jon4 years, 9 months ago

I jailbrake my iOS 5.0.1 untethered and now my iMessage says waiting for activation I can send text but not as an iMessage and I don’t get push notifications it’s telling me I have to connect to iTunes to set up push notifications. Please help.

amit chawla4 years, 9 months ago

jexov am quite sure u gonna help in this …after update and jb ( all 3) itunes is not showing ” update from backup ” …and update and restore buttons r disabled ..plz help

amit chawla4 years, 9 months ago

i mean restore from backup option

Patrick4 years, 9 months ago

Hi, it seems to be a problem with activation. Try solving your problem with the steps that are given here: http://bit.ly/vRjF1a

Hope that helps!

pooria.ms4 years, 9 months ago

hi jaxov

after i jailbroke my iphone 4 using 0.9.10b1, the “ibooks” app doesn’t work (says “There is a problem with the configuration of your iPhone…”)

i googled and find out that installing some cydia packages named “ibooks fix for ios 5” or “ibooks fix” might correct that, but they didn’t work.

will this new jailbreak (0.9.10b2) help?
    please help me with this.
    thanks

Patrick4 years, 9 months ago

As of now, it seems that problem with iBooks is a common casualty after the jailbreak. Mine doesn’t work too. Eventually a fix should come, give it time.

Miguel4 years, 9 months ago

OMG THANKS FOR THE FIX!

Amit4 years, 9 months ago

Plz help Jaxov no restore from backup option !! I google and found that it seems jailbreak issue and my phone is deactivate problem is I don’t have original carrier sim nor am able to use Sam because I don’t know from which country and carrier my phone locked to ..plz help me using ip4 ;( …thanks in advance ..

Patrick4 years, 9 months ago

For your problem, I know the solution would be to use an official SIM and install SAM but since it is not possible in your case maybe it is worth the try, just reapply the jailbreak without reinstalling Cydia!

Amit4 years, 9 months ago

Hey will it fix one major issue that restore from back was gone after jailbreak and more over restore and update buttons are disable in iTunes :(

andrew4 years, 9 months ago

hello
    when i use my ipod touch 4 with external gps (with bt stack full) it doesn´t work with any app navigation .
    what can be ?