Download iOS 5.0.1 Final for iPhone 4S/4/3GS, iPad 1/2 & iPod Touch 4G/3G [Direct Links]

As you might already know over the past weeks, there have been reports of seemingly degraded battery life of devices running iOS 5. Apple acknowledged the problem and was quick to rollout a firmware update in the form of iOS 5.0.1 aiming to resolve the issue. iOS 5.0.1 went through two beta versions and now it seems that it is finally available for the general public to download.

Download iOS 5.0.1 Final IPSW
The change log for iOS 5.0.1 final is pretty much the same as its beta counterparts. As mentioned earlier, this update is mainly to fix the battery drain issue that has been plaguing devices with iOS 5 installed. This particular issue with the battery was made to be quite a big deal with countless users experiencing the said problems. So Apple deserves to be applauded for issuing a quick fix. I for one can attest that my battery drains in rather quickly ever since I installed iOS 5, even when my device is idle. Other fixes and changes are included as well including the addition of Multitasking Gestures for the original iPad, bug fixes in iCloud documents and improvement of voice recognition for Australian who are using dictation.
iOS 5.0.1 Software Update Change Log
All users who are already running iOS 5 are encouraged to update to iOS 5.0.1. We have provided the IPSW direct download links for all available devices below if you want to update from scratch or is running a firmware older than iOS 5. For users who are already running iOS 5, you can update your device using the iOS 5's built-in OTA (over the air) updates. But keep in mind that OTA updates doesn't work with jailbroken devices so if you have a jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch you are stuck with the standard iTunes update method.

Warning to Jailbreakers:

MuscleNerd iOS 5.0.1 Warning
MuscleNerd advises against upgrading to iOS 5.0.1 because it may patch the exploits that could make way for an untethered jailbreak. You may want to wait until it is confirmed that there's a way to downgrade from iOS 5.0.1. So you have been warned. Install iOS 5.0.1 at your own risk.

Users who are experiencing battery issues with iOS 5 are highly encouraged to install iOS 5.0.1 since it fixes that dreaded rapid battery drain. It also fixes several minor issue so it should be more stable and secure. Without further ado, here are the download links for iOS 5.0.1 IPSWs. Enjoy!

iOS 5.0.1 IPSW Direct Download Links:

Download iOS 5.0.1 IPSW for iPhone 4S (iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw)
Download iOS 5.0.1 IPSW for iPhone 4 (GSM) (iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw)
Download iOS 5.0.1 IPSW for iPhone 4 (CDMA) (iPhone3,3_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw)
Download iOS 5.0.1 IPSW for iPhone 3GS (iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw)
Download iOS 5.0.1 IPSW for iPad 2 WiFi (iPad2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw)
Download iOS 5.0.1 IPSW for iPad 2 GSM (iPad2,2_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw)
Download iOS 5.0.1 IPSW for iPad 2 CDMA (iPad2,3_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw)
Download iOS 5.0.1 IPSW for iPad (iPad1,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw)
Download iOS 5.0.1 IPSW for iPod touch 3G (iPod3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw)
Download iOS 5.0.1 IPSW for iPod touch 4G (iPod4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw)

christopher paulino5 years ago

redsn0w tells me unrecognized build when i try to custom ipsw 5.0.1

Pramod5 years ago

Redsn0w can only recognize stock IPSWs.

ganesh5 years ago

when we update to ios 5.0.1 through wifi (not through itunes)
    shall we still need to
    1. activate my phone with at&t sim (its a at&t without contract one)
    2. will my baseband still be preserved
    (im currently relying on gevey with 04.10.01 BB)

Pramod5 years ago

1. Don’t think so as I haven’t tried that on a device that relies on an unlock.
      2. Nope, it definitely gets updated AFAIK.

Ryun5 years ago

I upraded to ios5 with using a custom IPSW successfully and still using Gevey sim
    Now I am about to upgrad to ios 5.1
    Do I need original usim(AT&T)? or just try with Gevey (T mobile) sim?

Pramod5 years ago

You will still need the original SIM to activate your device officially via iTunes (Emergency Call screen). If you don’t have one, you will have to JB your device then.

cucuk5 years ago

If I update my iphone 4 to ios 5.0.1 but preserve baseband 02.10.04,
    – will the gevey unlock still work ?
    – will I be able to downgrade to ios 4.3.5 in future (I have shsh)

thanx

Ryun5 years ago

I upraded to ios5 successfully and now I am about to upgrad to ios 5.1
    Do I need original usim(AT&T)? or just try with Gevey (T mlbile) sim?

Pramod5 years ago

Did you update to iOS 5 straight from iTunes w/o using a custom IPSW? Do you rely on a Gevey unlock? Because if so, you have then lost the Gevey unlock already.

Alberto5 years ago

Hi Pramod,

SO, if I understood right, once that you update from 5.0 to 5.0.1 you CAN NOT jailbreak/unlock?

I made the stupid mistake of creating a custom 5.0.1 IPSW via latest version of sn0wbreeze. Now I can not use my T-Mobile sim card.

I still have the iPad Baseband and downloaded the lates version of ultrasnow and still not working.

Thanks for your help.

Pramod5 years ago

You might need to wait until the Dev-Team pushes out an update for Ultrasn0w for 5.0.1.

Shahamirriyaz4 years, 6 months ago

Plz help mee i was using gevey turbo now i restore my iphone now i dnt. Need turbo bt when i use vodafone sim it appers. No sim card installed
        My email is shahamirriyaz@gmail.com
        Or send me ur mobile number