If you are a Mac gamer, then you should feel somehow left out with the limited number of games that are hitting the platform. This is especially true with recent big blockbuster games. But recently a number of high profile titles have made its way into the Mac. Most notably titles like the classic Grand Theft Auto III and the highly anticipated but sadly disappointing Duke Nukem Forever. This coming winter, the well-received Deus Ex: Human Revolution is also headed for the Mac. And now there's another reason for Mac gamers to rejoice as Batman: Arkham Asylum is made available in Mac yesterday.
Just to be clear, this is the 2009 hit Batman title which is different from the recently released Batman: Arkham City which is actually the sequel to the two year old game. So yes, this is basically a two year old game that's again late to the Mac party. But Mac fans have a lot of reasons to be happy about because Batman: Arkham Asylum is a critically acclaimed title with numerous game of the year awards and nominations. Critics hailed it as the best super hero game in the history of gaming. So it looks like Mac fans are really in for a treat.
From the Mac App Store:
- Square off against some of Gotham’s most notorious lunatics, including Harley Quinn, Killer Croc and Poison Ivy.
- Deploy an arsenal of upgradable gadgets, from a remote-control Batarang to a grappling gun and explosive gel.
- Use Detective Mode to identify important objects and reveal enemies’ weak spots.
- Deliver brutal combos with the innovative FreeFlow™ combat system.
- Move in the shadows and strike fear amongst your enemies.
- Solve the Riddler’s devilishly difficult puzzles to unlock challenge levels and trophies.
- Face Batman’s darkest fears in hallucinogenic nightmares induced by the Scarecrow’s toxic gas.
- Explore Arkham Island and discover its gruesome secrets through hidden items and character biographies.
As an avid PC and home console gamer, I have actually played this game two years ago. As mentioned above, this was touted to be the best super hero game ever and I am inclined to agree. The production values were top-notch, the gameplay is stellar and throughout the game you can really feel that this title is a labor of love. Fans of the classic Batman: The Animated Series will surely love this title as Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reassumes their role as the Dark Knight and The Joker respectively. What really stands out in this game is that it really makes you feel like the "Batman". You use the cover of darkness, stalk and instill fear into the bad guys, you get to play with a plethora of cool gadgets and you even search for clues just like being the "World's Greatest Detective."
That goes without saying that I highly recommend this game for those who hasn't had the pleasure to play it two years ago. But you will need quite a beefy system before you can play it with silky smooth gameplay. Your Mac should have at least 2.8 GHz Intel processor, 4GB RAM, 512 Video RAM and at least 9GB of free disk space. You can buy the game directly from the Mac App Store for a reasonable price of $39.99.
Download Batman: Arkham Asylum from the Mac App Store for $39.99.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback