Download Sn0wbreeze v2.8b8 for Windows to Jailbreak iOS 5 GM on iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch

Yesterday at the "Let's Talk iPhone" event, along with the announcement of the next generation iPhone, the iPhone 4S, Apple also rolled out the Gold Master version of iOS 5. And in just a matter of hours, the iPhone Dev Team was able to update Redsn0w in order to make it compatible to jailbreak iOS 5 GM. Well here’s another popular jailbreak tool that was updated in order to jailbreak iOS 5 GM, Sn0wbreeze.

sn0wbreeze v2.8b8 [GM]
That's right folks, iH8sn0w just updated its popular jailbreak tool in order to make it compatible with jailbreaking the Gold Master build of iOS 5. Sn0wbreeze v2.8b8 is now up for grabs (download links are below this post). So what can you expect from this new version of Sn0wbreeze? Well, of course aside from the fact that it can jailbreak iOS 5 GM (9A334), it has now one neat feature. Pretty much like with Redsn0w, Sn0wbreeze can now automatically detect your device's IPSW, so you do not have keep those bulky IPSW files for future jailbreaks (although in iOS 5 GM's case, you still need to point it into its ISPW file).
sn0wbreeze 2.8b8
Here's the complete release notes for Sn0wbreeze v2.8b8:

sn0wbreeze v2.8b8 [GM] – Release Notes
————————————-
* INSTANT IPSW detection (seriously!).
* Now jailbreaks iOS 5 Gold Master (9A334).
* UDID Developer check removal is no longer needed.
* Still has the ability to hacktivate.
* Still preserves the baseband (as always!).
————————————-
Tethered Boot?
————————————-
* iPhone 3GS (old bootrom)………………NO
* iPhone 3GS (new bootrom)………………YES
* iPhone 4 (GSM)………………YES
* iPhone 4 (CDMA)………………YES
* iPod Touch 3G………………YES
* iPod Touch 4………………YES
* iPad 1G………………YES
————————————-
** REMEMBER TO BOOT WITH "iBooty" **

Again, please be reminded that this is a tethered jailbreak except for the iPhone 3GS with old bootrom which can be jailbroken into untethered mode. The process for jailbreaking iOS 5 GM is pretty much similar to jailbreaking older iOS 5 betas, so if you want assistance on how to use sn0wbreeze v2.8b8 to jailbreak iOS 5 GM, then you can read our Sn0wbreeze guide. As per usual, this jailbreak tool DOESN'T work with the iPad 2, tethered or untethered. And please keep in mind that this version is only for Windows.

Download Links:

Download sn0wbreeze v2.8b8 for Windows.

Be Sure to Check Out:

Kavin4 years, 11 months ago

hi.i updated my ipod touch 4G to ios 5 and i have jailbroken it using redsnow twice..but i could not install any apps downloaded from apptrackr.org..the browser is exiting automatically when i open it.help me.

jaydee5 years ago

im using

win 7
    sn0wbreeze2.8b8
    iphone 3g

what i did

cooked firmware w/sn0wbreeze and i got a green screen
    went to itunes and hit shift+restore
    chose custom 4.1
    hit restore, itunes said completed, waited for re-boot
    sn0wflake stayed on the screen
    itunes cannot restore, stuck on preparing iphone for restore

please help me out guys. thanx

Stefan5 years, 1 month ago

After extracting i get error 3194! Do you might know whats the problem?

st_s_m5 years, 1 month ago

Yes, I did the instructions given but it’s still giving me 1601 error in iTunes. gah! Maybe I will just wait for the untethered jailbreak to come and I hope to jailbreak it successfully when it comes. Thanks, anyway.

st_s_m5 years, 1 month ago

I tried using this Sn0wbreeze version but it’s still not working. After creating custom ipsw file for my iPod Touch 4g, and restoring it on iTunes, I got the Itunes error message: 1601. But I already tried it again and again but still no luck and still getting the same 1601 error. Any other tips?

Are you sure that you have put your device in a pwned DFU mode prior to the restore?

Ralph Lawrence5 years, 1 month ago

I did a Recovery using RedSn0w as it stated that it helps recover from itunes error. It did something on the iphone CLI and I was back in business… thanks so much.
    As I had mentioned I have two iPhones, I had upgraded 1 to IOS 5.0 without any problem but its missing “internet tethering” option in the cellular data apn settings and also “personal hotspot”.
    I want to know if there is any way to bring it back since I really like this features. I have tried resetting network settings multiple times to no avail.
    The other option I could think off is JBing the device, installing mywii and than going in for a semi-tehthered jailbreak.

Need your advise whats the best option or if there is an easier fix?

For enabling the Personal Hotspot feature, you might want to try out this method as I had suggested. This should work just fine for you as well.

Ralph Lawrence5 years, 1 month ago

Ran Sn0wbreeze iReb again and now also getting stuck with error 2009 and itunes logo. Phone keeps rebooting.
    I am not running Mac OS. Please advise what to do. I am stuck at itunes symbol. Even tried running ireb from snowbreeze to no avail.

Why do you need a Mac? You can use Redsn0w for Win instead. Use it to put your device into a pwned DFU mode & redo the steps.

Ralph Lawrence5 years, 1 month ago

It seems I got stuck. I had two iphones. The upgrade went as described on the first iphone with 4.3.3. Than I did the same procedure with 4.3.5 and now I am stuck with itunes logo on my screen. Its not even giving emergency calls. The upgrade failed with some error (1600 or I forgot which one). Now whenever I connect my iphone to pc and open itunes it says that the device is in recovery mode even though the logo constantly is showing connect to itunes. Doing a custom restore is getting stuck at preparing iphone for restore… have I bricked my device?

You need to put your device into a pwned DFU mode first before you start restoring your device. Use Redsn0w http://bit.ly/pioV9v & then restore to your custom IPSW again.

Ralph Lawrence5 years, 1 month ago

1 )After reading the Sn0wbreeze guide for sn0wbreeze-v2.8b8 it looks like it cooks the JB into the IPSW. Can you let me know how I just preserve baseband and not JB while using sn0wbreeze-v2.8b8.

2) I have purchased another iphone from Ebay USA. It came with an AT&T micro sim. Can I use it to activate my phone post upgrade to IOS 5.0 event though there is no AT&T coverage in my country?

Thnx… downloaded the files, just awaiting your final go ahead.

1. Just use the BB Preservation Mode I mentioned earlier. You can find out what each mode does by hovering over them.
      2. Yes you can use the same SIM for activation.

Ralph Lawrence5 years, 1 month ago

My last question here, cant thank you enough for your previous reply.

I have a Gevey unlocked iPhone on 4.3.5 with baseband 4.10.01. If I use Sn0wBreeze to upgrade to ios 5.0 to preserve my baseband. I have these questions:

1) Is JB mandatory with upgrading? I dont want to JB just want to upgrade to IOS 5 while preserving my baseband so that I dont have to do the ibooty thing as I dont want tethered JB

2) I have an AT&T sim pre-paid in Canada, can I use that post my IOS 5.0 upgrade to legit activate?

Point number 1 is crucial as after reading your guide it seems to me that post upgrading your firmware it makes it tethered to boot even if you dont JB… I am a lil confused.

1. Nope. Just use the BB Preservation Mode of Sn0wbreeze & your good to go. You do not require a JB fro preserving your BB.
      2. Nope, you need to use those AT&T SIM that comes locked with iPhones to activate other iPhones.

Harrie5 years, 1 month ago

Now i have Iphone 4 which works on Gevey Sim. baseband 04.10.01

If I install IOS 5GM via sn0wbreez 2.8b8 can I activate it using Gevey Sim? will my baseband upgrade or not?

No, Sn0wbreeze will never update your BB & so you will still be able to use your Gevey SIM w/o any issues at all.

sikvdila5 years, 2 months ago

yes i know if i install stock iOS 5 my baseband will be updated but if i isntall custom iOS 5 which will created via sn0wbreeze will my baseband updated anyway?

sikvdila5 years, 2 months ago

what means Still preserves the baseband?

Now i have Iphone 4 which works on Gevey Sim. baseband 04.10.01

Ofcourse your BB will get updated if you install the stock iOS 5. Gevey will not work either on it unless you have preserved your BB using Sn0wbreeze.

Jason5 years, 2 months ago

Has anyone tried this iOS5 GM. Does ultrasn0w unlock work for iOS 5 GM? or is it still broken?

No, its doesn’t. You will need to wait for MuscleNerd to push out an update for the same after iOS 5 goes public.