Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b7 for Windows & Mac, Features 60% Faster Jailbreak Speed [Download Links]

With the release of the final commercial version of iOS 5, you can see that the jailbreak community is currently on their feet in order to make their jailbreak tools, tweak and apps be compatible with Apple's most advanced mobile operating system. This is definitely true with the iPhone Dev Team, the folks we all know responsible for the popular Redsn0w tool. And yet again, the iPhone Dev Team updated Redsn0w which makes the tool's jailbreak speed even more faster.

Redsn0w-Tool
It was only a couple of days ago that the Dev Team released Redsn0w 0.9.9b6 which fixes the location services bug found in the iPhone 3GS supporting a certain baseband. And now, Redsn0w 0.9.9b7 is available for download for both Windows and Mac. After the Dev Team received several feedbacks from jailbreakers on Reddit, they have decided to update Redsn0w which now allows for a faster jailbreak. How? Redsn0w users will now be given an option of no longer stashing applications by default when running the tool. Because of this, the iPhone Dev Team managed to cut down the overall time to perform the jailbreak from 210 seconds to 80 seconds. That is a 60% improvement in speed.
redsn0w 0.9.9b7
Be advised though that while the time was significantly reduced during the jailbreak process, launching Cydia for the first time means that it will stash the applications, making up for the reduced time during the initial jailbreak. Basically, this gives users an option whether they prefer either Redsn0w or Cydia to stash the applications. Just go to Extras  > Preferences > and tick / untick the Move applications option depending on your preferences.
redsn0w 0.9.9b7 Move Applications
From the iPhone Dev Team Blog:

Update #15: After some feedback on reddit, we’ve decided to make the initial jailbreak as quick as possible by no longer “stashing” the applications by default during the redsn0w run. This reduces the time to actually perform the jailbreak from 210 seconds to 80 seconds (60 percent!). However, you make up for much of that the first time you launch Cydia, which will then want to stash the applications. You can choose whether you want redsn0w or Cydia to stash in the Preferences pane.

It is worth noting that the Windows version of Redsn0w 0.9.9b7 unfortunately still does NOT support the creation of custom IPSWs. And yes, this is still a tethered jailbreak solution. This means that when your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch gets shut down or reboots, you will need to connect it to a computer and run it over Redsn0w to boot it into tethered mode. So if you are expecting a tethered jailbreak at this time, we are sorry to disappoint.
redsn0w 0.9.9b7 Windows Custom IPSW
Redsn0w is one of the most popular jailbreak tool around and known for its overall reliability and stability and also for its timely updates. With the recent versions of Redsn0w, pointing the program to the IPSW of the firmware you are jailbreaking to is no longer necessary. This is because Redsn0w automatically fetches the necessary components from Apple in order to jailbreak the device. A very useful feature since you won't be needing to keep those bulky iOS IPSW files. In addition to that, Redsn0w can now create custom IPSW which enables users to preserve their unlockable baseband, although as of now this feature is available on Mac versions of the tool only.

Redsn0w 0.9.9b7 Download Links:

Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b7 for Windows
Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b7 for Mac

JGonzo4 years, 9 months ago

Jailbroke my 3gs running IOS5, cydia installed propertly but all my app, including phone, calender, settings, photos, messaging and everything else is gone… any idea why and how i can get that back?

JGonzo4 years, 9 months ago

Just jailbroke my 3gs running ios5, even tho cydia installed correctly all my other app’s disapeard… any idea why? Will I need to restore phone back to ios5?
    thanx in advance.

Check to confirm that they aren’t restricted. Check under Settings->General->Restrictions.

spyderfinder4 years, 10 months ago

Hi, i have an iPhone 3GS i jailbreak it because its from the US and i cant use local sims. and i dont know how to unlock it? i updated it to IOS 5 and everything was working perfectly like especially the iMessage. and then few days ago i updated it to 5.0.1. now the iMessage is not working. when i swipe the imessage to ON it goes back to OFF. i’ve tried restoring it and nothing hass worked. someone please help me!!!! and id like to know if i can unlock it. thanks!

You might want to activate it officially via iTunes using the legit carrier SIM. That should work for you. Also, you can go ahead & unlock your iP3GS by updating its BB to the iPad BB. Make sure that your aware of the risks of updating to the same (Google it) first & ONLY then proceed with it.

Stefan4 years, 11 months ago

Yeah, but that way it says i cannot hacktivate my iphone. And i dont have any sim cards.

Jailbreak your device to Hacktivate w/o a legit carrier SIM.

Stefan4 years, 11 months ago

When is redsnow capable of making custom ipsw’s going to come out?

No ETA for the Win version yet. You can use Sn0wbreeze instead.

st_s_m4 years, 11 months ago

Hi, I wanted to jailbreak my ipod touch 4G on ios 5. But using reds0w 0.9.9b7. I can’t successfully jailbreak it after DFU mode, my ipod touch screen was stuck on a White screen and redsn0w was stuck on ‘rebooting’ state. So what is the best solution for me to at least jailbreak it to tethered?

Also, I’m using Windows XP. Thanks in adv.

Clee234 years, 11 months ago

how do i create a custom firmwall and restore it, with windows? the redsnow for windows cant even create custom ipsw?

karsh shah4 years, 11 months ago

I have created a custom firmware of iOS 5 with redsn0w.
    however i have not restored the device yet as I’m scared that the activation screen will pop up.
    i stay india and rely on the geveys sim and do not have a at&t sim to activate
    the phone.

So if i restore the device, how am i suppose to bypass the activation screen?

thanks

If you don’t have an AT&T SIM, you will need to jailbreak your device after the restore because the activation screen is definitely going to pop-up right after you finish setting up your device.

brunus4 years, 11 months ago

Hi, I have an at&t locked iphone 4 and no at&t sim running iOS 5.0b1 and BB 04.11.04. Whenever I try to JB it I still get stuck with the activation screen.
    I also have a gevey supreme sim that I knows still works with this beta version of iOS 5.
    What shoud I do? create a custom IPSW from the iOS 5.0 GM with the latest redsn0w to preserve the BB of the beta version? Will that allow me JB and bypass the activation? and if yes, will I lose the gevey hack if I do so, since it was blocked by apple in the subsequent iOS betas?
    thanks

Yes, create the custom iOS 5 IPSW & restore to it. After that, you still need to explicitly JB your device once again using Redsn0w which will get you through the Activation Screen as well. Custom restores will never update your BB & hence you will be able to keep your Gevey unlock.

Ralph Lawrence4 years, 11 months ago

Let me rephrase my question as I was not clear in my original query as I got paniced.

I have an iPhone 4. I upgraded using Sn0wbreeze to IOS 5.0 preserving my baseband as I use a Gevey hack. I installed Cydia using RedSn0w. However I was getting errors while installing winterboard. So I decided to redo the jailbreak.

In order to do this, I clicked on “Reset all settings/erase data” on my phone. Its been over an hour and my iPhone just shows a circle going round and round…

1) How long will this reset take… generally its pretty quick as I had done this on non jailbroken devices in the past

2) I did have applications worth few gigs on the iPhone, is that delaying the reset?

3) Should have I never done a reset on a jailbroken device?

4) Can I enter PWN DFU mode from here?

5) What are the workarounds? How long should I wait and is there a possibility of bricking the device.

Please advise.

1. You need to restore your device completely to a completely fresh install of the iOS. Resetting the Settings / Data doesn’t really undo / erase your current JB. These settings work differently on jailbroken devices esp on the tethered ones.
      2. Nope, its because it isn’t able to load back your device being tethered.
      3. That’s correct. You shouldn’t have.
      4. Yes, you can.
      5. Yes, make sure that your able to boot your device back tethered, just for the sake of trying. If it doesn’t boot back up, only a fresh install of the current iOS can help.

Kong4 years, 11 months ago

Hi, I would like to jailbreak my device and I have iPhone 4. iOS 5 .what’s the best solution gor jailbreaking it . Thanks