About more than a month ago, Apple has made their latest update for iOS 4 which is dubbed as iOS 4.3.5. This update was nothing really substantial to offer in terms of new features and is more of an incremental security update. Although according to the release notes, the issues that were fixed were rather critical. It is highly likely that firmware 4.3.5 will be the last update for iOS 4 before iOS 5 officially becomes available presumably later this month. Now if you are currently under iOS 4.3.5 and want to jailbreak your device, then we suggest you refer to our Redsn0w guide. After jailbreaking, you might want to download and install cracked apps into your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch before you buy them off iTunes. In that case, you’ll need to install Installous 4.4.2.
IMPORTANT UPDATE 1/19/2013: Hackulous is now officially gone, so you won’t be able to download Installous from the repository anymore. As an alternative, you can use other Cydia repos to download Installous from: (Best Cydia Repos 2011, Best Cydia Repos 2012, Best Cydia Repos 2013). Better yet, it is recommended that you check out these Installous replacements
Steps to Install Installous 4.4.2 on iOS 4.3.5 Through Hackulous Repo:
- After jailbreaking iOS 4.3.5 into your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, first thing you need to do is launch Cydia.
- In Cydia’s Home page, tap the Manage tab that’s located at the lower right portion of the screen. For the next screen, tap on Sources. During this step, we’ll be adding the Hackulo.us repository. If you have already managed to do so, then you can skip to step 4.
- While on Sources, tap the Edit button at the top right of the screen. The top left button should then change to Add, tap it and a notification will pop up asking you for the Cydia/APT URL. Enter the following: http://cydia.hackulo.us, then tap Add Source to confirm.
- Once you have successfully added the Hackulo.us repo, Cydia will then update its repo list. Once the update is finished, it is now time to search for Installous. Tap the Search tab on the lower right of the screen and type “Installous” into the search bar (without the quotes).
- Installous 4 should appear in your search results, so go ahead and tap it to go the app’s page. In the Installous 4 page, just tap Install on the upper right to start the installation.
No WiFi Access? Here’s How to Install Installous offline:
- You will need to download a couple of files:
- Download the Installous 4.4.2 DEB file from here.
- Download AppSync for 4.0+ (1.1-5) DEB from here.
- Download other essential DEB files from here.