If you have managed to jailbreak your iPhone to iOS 4.3.5 then it should be possible that you are experiencing problems with Push Notifications or having YouTube errors. This is especially true with an hacktivated iPhone. In order to enable Push Notifications and fix the YouTube error, you will need to obtain legitimate activation certs which you can only get by using SAM to activate your iPhone or by installing Push Doctor.
For whatever reason you are unable to fix Push Notifications and the YouTube error on your iPhone by using SAM in iOS 4.3.5, then don't fret because you still have the alternate option of using Push Doctor. For the record, we recommend that you use SAM first to fix Push Notifications and YouTube error due to the fact that it provides your device with improved battery life. But in case you have no choice but to use Push Doctor on iOS 4.3.5, we have a step by step guide for you below.
Steps to Install Push Doctor to Enable Push Notifications & Fix YouTube Error on iOS 4.3.5:
- Launch Cydia in your iOS 4.3.5 jailbroken iPhone. In case you haven't done it yet, then you can use our Redsn0w tethered jailbreak guide.
- First we will need to add the Insanelyi repo to Cydia. So if you have already done so, you can now skip to step 4. Tap the Manage tab located below the screen and on the next screen tap Sources.
- On the next screen, Tap the Edit button at the top right corner of the screen followed by tapping the Add button on the top left corner. Cydia will now ask for the Cydia/APT URL. Just enter the following: http://repo.insanelyi.com and then tap Add Source to confirm.
- Cydia should now add the Insanelyi repo to its database so give it a few seconds to update. Once the process is complete, we now need to search for Push Doctor by tapping the Search tab below. On the search field, type "Push Doctor" (without quotes). Push Doctor should appear among the search results.
- Now select Push Doctor by tapping it. On the details page, tap Install on the top right of the screen.
- Cydia will now install Push Doctor into your iPhone. Once that's done, simply Reboot your iPhone and you should be done. If you want to test and see if Push Notifications works or not, you can download the iPusher app from the App Store. Take note that for iPusher to properly work, you need to make sure that you are connected to a WiFi network.
- In most cases, installing Push Doctor should also fix the Cannot connect to YouTube error but in case the error is still present, just repeat the first 6 steps and install YouTube Fix #1 after adding the Pushfix repo: http://cydia.pushfix.info. Upon successful installation, reboot your iPhone and hopefully you'll never see the YouTube error again.