As you all know it's been a while since Apple seeded the first beta version of iOS 5. Now currently on its seventh pre-release version with beta 8 coming this Friday, iOS 5 is definitely a highly anticipated update for Apple's mobile operating system. Now if you have managed to jailbreak iOS 5 into your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and want to install and sync cracked apps, then you'll be happy to know that the Hackulo.us team has finally released AppSync for iOS 5.0+. As you may recall, AppSync for iOS 4+ initially worked with earlier betas of iOS 5. But such is not the case anymore. As the name suggests, this AppSync version should work with current iOS 5 betas and future versions as well.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hackulous source is now officially DEAD, so you won't be able to download AppSync from the repositore anymore. As an alternative, you can use other Cydia repos to download AppSync from: (Best Cydia Source 2011, Best Cydia Source 2012, Best Cydia Source 2013)
Steps to Install AppSync for 5.0+ for iOS 5 Through Cydia:
- Launch Cydia from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch jailbroken to iOS 5. If you haven't jailbroken your device to iOS 5 yet, please refer to our Sn0wbreeze or Redsn0w guide.
- Tap the Manage tab at the bottom, and on the next screen tap Sources.
- Now tap the Edit button at the top right corner of the screen, followed by tapping Add on the top left corner of Cydia.
- Now you will be asked by Cydia for the Cydia/APT URL, just type: http://cydia.hackulo.us and then tap the Add Source button to confirm.
- Upon confirming, Cydia will be downloading the package and update the database of its sources. Once finished, tap Return to Cydia.
- Now we will be searching for AppSync for iOS 5.0+. Tap Search from the bottom of Cydia. And into the search field, just type AppSync. If you were successful in adding the Hackulous repo, AppSync for iOS 5.0+ should appear in the search results.
- Now tap AppSync for iOS 5.0+ from the results and begin the installation by tapping Install at the top-right corner.
- Cydia will now begin installing AppSync into your jailbroken iDevice, so just give a few seconds. Once the installation is finished, you should see a Return to Cydia button. Just tap that to complete the installation. Now you should be able to install cracked iOS apps downloaded through Installous and you can also sync them with device through iTunes.
NOTE: If for any reason you are unable to add the Hackulous repo to Cydia or you do not have access to an active WiFi connection, do not fret because it is still possible to install AppSync offline. Just download the required DEB files here and refer to our tutorial on how to install AppSync with or without SSH access.