A little more than a month ago, Apple released what could be the last update for the iOS 4 which is the iOS 4.3.5. There's nothing much to expect in terms of new features or content but Apple has deemed the update crucial with regards to the security of the system that they had to quickly push out its release. If you are currently running iOS 4.3.5 and have managed to jailbreak it into your iDevice, then you should know that you're pretty much stuck with a tethered jailbreak. If you are planning to install cracked iOS apps into your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch through Installous and want to sync them through iTunes, then you'll need to install AppSync for 4.0+.
UPDATE#1: Hackulous is now officially dead, so you won't be able to download Installous and AppSync anymore. If you wish, you can still download AppSync from other these other Cydia repositories (#1, #2, #3)
Steps to Install AppSync for 4.0+ for iOS 4.3.5 Through Cydia:
- First and foremost, you need a jailbroken device that runs iOS 4.3.5. If you haven't done so yet, kindly read our Redsn0w guide for assistance. Launch Cydia from your jailbroken iDevice.
- While at Cydia's Home page, you should see a Manage tab on the lower right portion of the screen. Tap Manage to proceed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will be presented with three options: Packages, Sources and Storage. Tap Sources. The following steps involve adding the Hackulous repo to Cydia, so if you have done that already, you can skip to step 7 of this guide.
- While on Sources, tap on Edit button at the top right of the screen. The Manage button at the top left should change to Add. Tap Add.
- Now a pop-up notification should appear which will be asking you to input the Cydia/APT URL. Just type in the following: http://cydia.hackulo.us, then confirm by tapping Add Source.
- Cydia will now update its repository database and will be adding the Hackulous repo, so give it a couple of seconds. Once the update is done, just tap Return to Cydia.
- We now should be back in Cydia's Home page so it's time to search for AppSync for 4.0+. Tap the Search tab below the screen and then just type "AppSync" into the search field (without quotes). If you've successfully peformed the steps above, AppSync should appear in search results.
- What we need to install is AppSync for 4.0+ so you need to select it by tapping. On the AppSync details page, you should see an Install button at the top right. Tap Install to start the AppSync installation.
- Cydia will be installing AppSync into your jailbroken device now which should take no more than a few seconds. Once the process is complete, you should see a Return to Cydia button. Tap that and you are done. Congratulations, installed cracked iOS apps downloaded from Installous can now be synced with iTunes.
NOTE: If somehow you are unable to add the Hackulous repo to Cydia or you do not have access to a WiFi connection, don't worry because you can still install AppSync offline. You just need to download the essential DEB files here and use this guide on how to install AppSync for 4.0+ with or without SSH access.
- Best Installous Alternatives
- Top 5 Cydia Sources to Download Cracked iPhone Apps
- How to Install Installous on iOS 5.1.1 to Get Cracked iPhone Apps
- Download & Install Installous on iOS 6 to Get Cracked Apps