How-To Resolve iTunes Error 3194 & Fix Infinite DFU Loops?

Recently, many of our readers have been reporting about iTunes erroring out with the 3194 error code while they try to restore/update their iOS via iTunes. Also, many a times, readers have ended up in an infinite DFU loop inspite of a successful restore. So rather than explaining to each one what this is all this about, I have put up this informative article that will help you understand & resolve these issues in future.

What's Error 3194 All About?

iTunes Error 3194 How To Resolve iTunes Error 3194 & Fix Infinite DFU Loops?
Inspite of my fellow colleague Tikes's simple yet extensive post here at Jaxov, people still seem to have a hard time trying to resolve the 3194 error. In short, this error code has anything and everything to do with the SHSH blobs saved for your device. May it had been saved via Cydia or via TinyUmbrella, SHSH blobs are always a necessity if you ever plan to update/restore your iOS to any version other that the latest available version pushed out by Apple OTA. For a much more detailed explanation about the SHSH, I would suggest you to read Tike's post first & get back.

DFU Loops After A Successful Restore from iTunes

DFU loops occur inspite of a successful restore from iTunes simply because of invalid SHSH blobs. You must know by now that Cydia is no longer able to proxy your SHSH blobs reliably if you were to use Tiny Umbrella for your SHSH saves. If you were able to boot your device by using Redsn0w's tethered boot option, once your device is unhooked or rebooted, its back to the loop. This is because the iPhone's bootrom places an explicit check for a valid SHSH & when it doesn't find one, your put into a DFU loop. Without a valid SHSH blob, you cannot expect it boot untethered now can you? (All tethered jailbreaks do not have an SHSH)

Prerequisites

Check for Saved SHSH Blobs first: You can restore/upgrade to an iOS version ONLY with the help of a saved SHSH blob. If you are jailbroken already, fire up Cydia & check the top portion of the homepage.
For Example:
SavedSHSH How To Resolve iTunes Error 3194 & Fix Infinite DFU Loops?
You should now be able to see a list of iOS versions. These are the SHSH blobs that have been saved for your device by Cydia and are the ONLY iOS versions to which you can restore to. In this example view, I'm missing my 4.0.x/3.x.x SHSH blobs, meaning I cannot restore to those versions of the iOS anymore. So, if you can't find an iOS version listed here but you were willing to restore to that version anyhow you will end up with the 3194 error if attempted.

If you are in a DFU loop already: Chances are that Cydia has auto-saved the SHSH blob for the iOS version on which you were right before you attempted the restore or update (only if you ever were jailbroken). This happens if Cydia was able to save one for your device while it was still being signed by Apple for official restores.

Recovery vs DFU Mode How To Resolve iTunes Error 3194 & Fix Infinite DFU Loops?
Hold the Power Button + Home Button for approximately 15sec until you see the Apple logo loop/Recovery mode screen. Once your in the Recovery Loop, follow this guide.

NOTE: Make sure that you also enable the Request SHSH from Cydia option from TinyUmbrella's Advanced menu & then hit the Save SHSH button. If you do not find any SHSH blobs via TinyUmbrella continue reading..

SOLUTION:

1. Use iFaith to Save SHSH Blobs:

iFaith Logo How To Resolve iTunes Error 3194 & Fix Infinite DFU Loops?
We really cannot shout any louder than this. Save your current SHSH blobs using iFaith. This is an important step for those who have never jailbroken their iDevices or have never saved any SHSH blobs for their devices via Cydia or TinyUmbrella. Performing this step gives you the added advantage of being able to restore back to your current iOS version in case something goes wrong with the iTunes restore. Read this guide to learn more on how you can save them using iFaith.

NOTE:

iFaith is only for those who are currently able to run an iOS version (4.3.3 & below) on their iDevices without any issues. If you are stuck in a Recovery/DFU loop because of an attempted update/restore via iTunes or if your on any of the later iOS versions, iFaith is useless.

2. Avoid using TinyUmbrella for your Restores Completely

TinyUmbrella How To Resolve iTunes Error 3194 & Fix Infinite DFU Loops?
DFU loops (pitch black screen after a successful restore) occur due to invalid SHSH blobs signatures. Sometimes when you try to restore via TinyUmbrella (especially with a Snowbreeze custom IPSW), your device will go through a forced restore thinking that it now has an SHSH for itself to complete the process. Once its completed, your reboot fails and your device will be kicked back into a DFU loop. The only way to avoid this issue to use TinyUmbrella ONLY if you want to save an SHSH blob for your device locally onto your computer. Also, you still can use TinyUmbrella to perform a restore, but ONLY to take advantage of those locally saved SHSH blobs (TSS Server mode).

So if your using TinyUmbrella to restore thinking of an SHSH blob that's currently not saved on your local machine, Do NOT use it.

3. Get your SHSH Blobs by Editing the HOSTS File

Windows HOSTS File Edited How To Resolve iTunes Error 3194 & Fix Infinite DFU Loops?
If you believe that you have saved an SHSH blob for your device earlier but still TinyUmbrella is not displaying it, you need to take advantage of your edited HOSTS file. By redirecting iTunes to Cydia's server for a restore, you will be able to restore with success using the saved SHSH blobs on Cydia. If you do not know how to edit your OS hosts file, I recommend you to read Tike's post once again. Performing restores in this manner will always result in a successful restore without any 3194 error.
NOTE: If in case iTunes error 3194 is still returned, it simply means that you do not have the necessary SHSH blob saved for that version even on Cydia to which your trying to restore to. You really cannot do anything about it.

Please drop in your comments down below if I have missed something. :)

Recommended Read:

Leonardo1 year, 6 months ago

see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDh368_AkhQ

Shalika1 year, 8 months ago

could someone please help me i really don’t get how to use this? can someone help me, put it into simple terms so i understand. My iphone 4 wont turn on but itunes recognize it and detects that it needs recovering and when i do that it just stays on ‘waiting for iphone’ and the apple sign comes up on the iphone with an empty bar underneath the apple sign and that is all it will do. What do i do i’m really stuck.

waqas1 year, 11 months ago

hii have an iphone 4s with ios 5.1 and i understand that the jailbreak is available is only for ios 5.1.1 because as I use redsn0w 09.12.b2, the jailbreak option greys out.I tried to update my iphone 4s to ios 5.1.1 but i get 3194 error. I tried resolving it with all available info on web but no use.1. changing host files2. using tiny umbrella –  the option “Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit” is always greyed out still I changed the hosts files both fo windows and for tinyumbrella what i should do. Can anyone help. I am willing to jailbreak without updating or with updating. but i want an untethered jailbreak.

isaacvysions1 year, 12 months ago

finally OMG i tout it will neva work …10ksto God and u…it wasnt all u but being on ur pageand ur advice it work after 3 days of red eyes…

Sarah Knox-Greenberg2 years, 2 months ago

Ok, so here is my deal. My iPhone is flashing the apple logo whenever I connect it. I have tried to restore in a variety of ways including snowbreeze and have had no luck. I get error code 3194 or 1602. I didn’t save any SHSH blobs and don’t know how to get to a place where I can solve this just to make my phone usable again. Any suggestions?

Ken Masters2 years, 3 months ago

guys I had this problem I fixed it remaking the hosts file. sometimes it gets corrupted.

Nxc_dxpidition2 years, 5 months ago

the problem i cant accesee tinyumbrella? what should i do? im using window

mumalvo2 years, 10 months ago

After a 4.3.3 restore & tethered jailbreak on redsn0w without SHSH blobs my 3GS died into DFU loop

So please confirm that if my 3GS is in infinite DFU loop, without previous jailbreak or SHSH blobs, that my phone is now bricked ???

I can’t even get the ECID with USBview.

If I take it to an Apple shop, do you think can they can restore it for me ?

iPad22 years, 10 months ago

mumalvo You can always update your firmware to the latest one (like I did). Open itunes and plug your device.When it detects your iphone 3gs in DFU mode, you’ll have to click restore. This will update your firmware to 5.0.1 and your phone will hopefully get out of DFU mode.Note : Untethered Jailbreak for 5.0.1 will come out very soon.

mumalvo2 years, 10 months ago

@iPad2 Thanks for the advice, I updated iTunes to the latest version & the firmware to 5.0.1. After getting error 28 I had to detach the battery from the motherboard. Just waiting fot the jailbroken 5.0.1 firmware release now due in a few days maybe. God bless the jailbreakers.

iPad22 years, 10 months ago

Please help me with this.I bought an ipad 2 wifi a few days ago which came with 4.3.5 ios version.I wanted to jailbreak it, so I downloaded 4.3.3 IPSW. I wasn’t aware of the SHSH blob thing and attempted a manual restore to 4.3.3 from itunes without saving SHSH (greatest sin!) . It showed error 3194. Then I read somewhr about Tinyumbrella,downloaded it, started TSS server and made another restore attempt. It now shows error 2005.Its stuck in DFU MODE. My question : How can I get ipad 2 back to normal state?.I don’t mind updating to 5.0.1. or Can I still get my SHSH blob somehow ? Or should I send this back to apple ? PLEASE HELP….!!!!!!!!!!!!!

osmado2 years, 10 months ago

@iPad2 ill tell u how but i need ur help with my ipod ok?…lets start uninstall all apple software on u computer (including quicktime, bonjour, apple mobile device support. and all the others, ect) make sure u have uninstalled all of them, then download itunes 10.4.1 i( think its the one) just download it or any old itunes firmware, after installation is complete it should resolve error 2005 u dont need a new cable it just does that for some reason hope u enjoy, please help on my case its the comment under me.

Darren2 years, 9 months ago

@iPad2 I used to have the same problem and i did what you did, and got in the same situation. I hope this works, hold the home and power button for 10-30 seconds, I don’t know when but the apple logo should appear soon.

iPad22 years, 10 months ago

Please help me with this.I bought an ipad 2 wifi a few days ago which with 4.3.5 ios version.I wanted to jailbreak it, so I downloaded 4.3.3 IPSW. I wasn’t aware of the SHSH blob thing and attempted a manual restore to 4.3.3 from itunes without saving SHSH (greatest sin!) . It showed error 3194. Then I read somewhr about Tinyumbrella,downloaded it, started TSS server and made another restore attempt. It now shows error 2005.Its stuck in DFU MODE. My question : How can I get ipad 2 back to normal state?.I don’t mind updating to 5.0.1. or Can I still get my SHSH blob somehow ? Or should I send this back to apple ? PLEASE HELP….!!!!!!!!!!!!!

osmado2 years, 10 months ago

hi i have an ipod 4g 4.3.3, i tried updating my ipod(when it was 4.2.1) through dfu mode using snow breeze custom firmware(4.3.3) but after it was complete it went into dfu mode so here is the status of my ipod now its in dfu loop, i have no ssh blobs saved :(, and every once in a while (every 2-3 days) when i click fix recovery in tiny umberella or redsnow it boots up and runs like a normal ipod when its plugged but when i click stand by(unplugged) it goes back to recovery loop please help me its been over a month like this and i really want my ipod back :( JUST TELL ME ANYTHING!!!!!

osmado2 years, 10 months ago

hi i have an ipod 4g 4.3.3, i tried updating my ipod(when it was 4.2.1) through dfu mode using snow breeze custom firmware(4.3.3) but after it was complete it went into dfu mode so here is the status of my ipod now its in dfu loop, i have no ssh blobs saved :(, and every once in a while (every 2-3 days) when i click fix recovery in tiny umberella or redsnow it boots up and runs like a normal ipod when its plugged but when i click stand by (unplugged) it goes back to recovery loop please help me its been over a month like this and i really want my ipod back :( JUST TELL ME ANYTHING!!!!!

Jacklord2 years, 10 months ago

@osmado Hi,

If you have jailbroken your iPod touch, then chances are your shsh blobs are saved by Cydia, you can try this guide: http://bit.ly/hpFyjM

Hope that helps!

osmado2 years, 10 months ago

@Jacklord thanx for replying back i have tried this but timyumberella tells it doesnt have any shsh blobs saved i have jailbroken this ipod touch for 4.2.1 is there any possible way that shsh are saved and if i can update it to a newer ios like ios 5 would it fix the problem. thanx for the support..

humrazz2 years, 10 months ago

I used redsn0w & followed the steps mentioned on redmond site. But? it stuck showing? the apple logo. When I reboot using redsn0w with tethered reboot option it stucks again. Itunes is not able to resore it shows error 3194. I tried this blog but I have not Saved any SSH bcoz I was not aware about it before jailbreaking. Now I am totally stuck since it never goes beyond the apple logo nor it is getting restored. I have tried many things & really upset with it :-(. Can you please tell me what can I do now to start my Iphone Pleaseeeeeeeeeee..

Jacklord2 years, 10 months ago

@humrazz Hi,

Have you tried using TinyUmbrella? Cydia might have saved your SHSH blobs before you tried to restore or update, that is if you have been jailbroken before.

humrazz2 years, 10 months ago

@Jacklord Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately this was the first time I tried to Jailbreak an Iphone 3GS, still I have used TU & Ifaith but none of them showed any saved SSH :(

Jacklord2 years, 10 months ago

@humrazz And you might want to try this guide and see if it helps: http://bit.ly/hpFyjM

Let me know if it works or not!

Morlog2 years, 10 months ago

I am an Iphone 3gs, baseband 6.15.00, ios 4.3.3 user and when i open cydia i only have ios 4.1, 4.3.3 and 4.3.5 SHSH’s ! So this means I cannot update to ios 5.0? If i cant will i be able to jailbreak on 5.0 in the near future?

Patrick2 years, 10 months ago

iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 are already jailbroken, albeit only a tethered jailbreak only. You can only save the SHSH blobs if you update to that current firmware and grab it using TinyUmbrella or iFaith. Keep in mind that there is no support for untethered jailbreak on iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 yet, so proceed at your own risk.

Jacklord2 years, 10 months ago

@Morlog Hi,

I believe Apple has stopped signing iOS 5.0, so if you want to update, you will have to get iOS 5.0.1. But since you have the 4.1, 4.3.3 and 4.3.5 SHSH you should be able to downgrade in the future to these firmware.

iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1 can be jailbroken but they are still tethered jailbreaks as of now.

homer2 years, 10 months ago

have got an ipad1 3g, followed the instuction to downgrade w/o shsh blobs on weblogit/limera1n and finally got shsh blobs of 4.3.3. Made signed 4.3.3 ipsw and tried to install with itunes. everytime runs fine until finish,but it is always ending in dfu mode.
    is it possible the blobs are not ok, but ifaith is creating fine with themOr any solutions!
    Thanks in advance!

Those are just plain bogus articles. In reality, you cannot force install an iOS onto your device unless you have an SHSH already saved for your device either by Cydia / TU. So yes, your blobs aren’t valid. :(

geniusrafaelus2 years, 10 months ago

man that’s just too bad for me then. Hopefully the unlock for 4.11.08 and the untethered jb for 5.0.1 comes out soon or i’ll be stuck with a really expensive iPod touch :( thank you for the advice!!!

geniusrafaelus2 years, 10 months ago

Hi. I tried to downgrade my iOS from 5.0.1 to 4.3.5 then to 4.3.3. Without any SHSH blobs. The only SHSH blob that i had was for the 4.3.5. Now i’m stuck in an infinite DFU loop. But when i check the iOS in TU, it shows 4.3.3. I can escape the DFU loop by booting tethered thru Redsnow. When my iphone 4 loads, in the settings page, it also shows 4.3.3 for my iOS. I’ve tried doing a clean restore or even a customer ipsw restore (thru snowbreeze) but i keep getting different errors, from 3194, 10xx, 16xx, 21, 1, 29. I follow one fix online and it gives me another error. Does anyone have any other advice? I can actually just go back to 5.0.1 but my phone is at&t locked and i don’t have an at&t SIM as i’m outside the united states. Is there a way in Cydia, a tweak perhaps, that can convert my JB from tethered to untethered? Or is there a solution for me to have an untethered JB on 4.3.3? I’m guessing the reason why i need a tethered JB is due to the fact that i only have a 4.3.5 SHSH which relies on a tethered jb. Is there a way to manually edit an SHSH to suit my iPhone? A hex editor or something? I’m stuck and i need help!!!!!!!!! Please……..i’ve been at this for almost three days now :(

W/o having a valid SHSH blob, your restore will never go through successfully & if you force install the same on your device you end up in a DFU loop. You can read more about it here http://bit.ly/oKCpYX. iOS 4.3.4 & above are all currently tethered. You can still make it semi-tethered by installing BigBoss’s Semi-Tethered package from Cydia but all it gives you is an option to reboot successfully w/o getting stuck at the DFU loop. This package isn’t quite helpful if you rely on an unlock & then reboot your device because you still need to boot it tethered with a PC. Remember, this is only a Semi-Tether, not an untethered JB option. Also, if you / anyone else that you might know don’t have the legit carrier SIM for activation, you will need to JB your device anyhow. SHSH blobs aren’t editable to meet your requirements. They are unique to your device + the iOS that your currently running.

Chris2 years, 11 months ago

when i Open Cydia, i get this device is in the pending TSS queue.
    bought my iphone 4, 2 days ago.
    built-in IOS.:4.3.5
    tried to jailbreak it using redsnow 9.9b8
    and now all i can do is tethered boot in order to make it work.

how can i make it work with an unthered boot?

You can’t, iOS 4.3.5 is still a tethered JB & Cydia will not return anything either.

FixedandHappy :)2 years, 11 months ago

Another update from my now stable iphone. Basically i got my gevey in and did the 112 process and it’s fine. Apparently furiousmod doesnt work on 5.0.1 yet to avoid the 112 process so i’ll see if that pans out, is not a big deal, just happy it works lol. Have it semi-tethered now which is awesome in case i lose power, i can still boot up in a usable state minus mail, safari, and jailbroken app functionality. Loving this thing now, thanks for your help again jaxov.

Your most welcome !! Glad that I could get it working. :D

FixedandHappy :)2 years, 11 months ago

Quick followup – Cydia is installed but when tapped doesn’t open. Would I have to do a redsn0w tethered JB if I wanted Cydia to function? Right now it seems untethered since it starts up by itself. Safari doesn’t load either, which isn’t a big deal since I’ll use Opera 99% of the time, but wondering if this is a typical issue. Thanks a bunch.

Yes, being a tethered JB, you would need to boot your device tethered always if you want to run Cydia / any other JB apps / tweaks including stock apps such as Safari being the most notable.

FixedandHappy :)2 years, 11 months ago

Jaxov, IT WORKS!!! Did exactly what you said, just went back to the basics and followed your outlined steps below:

Used a more clean computer running XP SP3
    Used sn0wbreeze 2.8b11 to create a custom IPSW out of a stock 5.0.1 IPSW
    Put phone in pwned DFU mode thru iReb in sn0wbreeze
    Verified Hosts file had no gs.apple items
    Shift+restore to custom 5.0.1 IPSW in latest version of iTunes (10.5.something)

Can’t believe this got my phone out of that horrible recovery loop. Haven’t tried my Gevey yet, but hopefully that’ll go through nicely. Thankfully my 4.10.01 BB never got updated with all the stupid things I did to this phone.

Otherwise thank you so much for all your help, you are truly a pro. Can you please point me in the direction to a link where I can throw a humble donation over to you?

Thanks again bro,

Matt

StuckandMad :(2 years, 11 months ago

When the phone was functional it was on 4.3.5. I did a bunch of stupid things (but never restored to a version greater than 4.3.5) and the phone entered into a recovery loop which it is still in now. I’m honestly not sure if it’s still on 4.3.5, because the 5.0.1 SHSH downloaded last night – but just because the 5.0.1 SHSH downloaded, does that mean my phone IS 5.0.1, or do all available SHSH’s download anyway?

Last night I restored to a custom 5.0.1 ipsw, so if it processed correctly (despite error 11), it may well be 5.0.1 now. Is there any definitive way to check? Only way I know is TU, and I forgot to check after restoring if TU showed firmware as 5.0.1.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t iFaith only work up to 4.3.3? I ran redsn0w a bunch of times but I never got past the recovery loop, so I honestly can’t tell if redsn0ws tethered JB worked fully or not. When trying “just boot” with redsn0w, screen hangs on the pineapple for a few minutes, then resets back into recovery mode. Never boots up. Pretty messy situation I got myself into. Live and learn I suppose. Really appreciate your help.

Well yes, you right. I didn’t think of it. iFaith works only upto iOS 4.3.3 & can only save an SHSH for the iOS that your currently running. But Redsn0w works perfect. Under the Extras tab, you will find SHSH related options that you can choose from to save an SHSH for your device & later restore to them. Those SHSH are again saved on Cydia which you won;t see on its homepage. Now that you have indeed restored to a custom IPSW whatsoever, your existing blobs have now been wiped & so that method is futile anyways.

Just like I had advised earlier, do the custom iOS 5.0.1 IPSW & see how it results out to be.

StuckandMad :(2 years, 11 months ago

Sorry, work browser (IE) is not letting me reply directly to your comment. To clarify, TU only shows SHSH for 5.0.1 (saved last night). I was a month late to grab the 4.3.5 SHSH unfortunately. TU does however show my current firmware as 4.3.5, and current BB as 4.10.01, but it pulled a 5.0.1 SHSH from apple yesterday which worries me a bit. I will follow your instructions tonight and hope for the best. Also I should be in Pwned DFU for the restore right? If that doesn’t work should I try to restore straight from recovery? Thx again!

If your still running iOS 4.3.5, you can use iFaith to save your SHSH & then restore to your own custom cooked 4.3.5 IPSW. But by any chance are you running a tethered JB? Also, the SHSH that just got cached by Apple won’t be of much help at least for now, but iFaith definitely can help unless you are not jailbroken.

StuckandMad :(2 years, 11 months ago

Thanks for your advice Pramod. I believe I tried restoring to custom 5.0.1 without TU even open but think it gave me error 3194, which I’m aware can be due to Hosts file issues. Then I used TSS and it got me through the restore, albeit with error code 11. Should I blank out my hosts completely of all gs.apple entries? Otherwise can you tell me what you recommend for my hosts file? I will try these steps again when I get home from work tonight, and can also try it on another computer. Thanks so much.

Yes, that’s right. Remove the gs.apple.com entries completely from your hosts file, save, reboot your PC & then redo the restore. Also, did you mention that TU shows an SHSH for your device for iOS 4.3.5?

StuckandMad :(2 years, 11 months ago

Pramod, coincidentally I realized the same thing last night! Was getting frustrated as usual and figured I’d see if Apple was signing my 4.3.5 SHSH (was that desperate), saved and 5.0.1 blob saved…Looks like in the 100 or so attempts to jailbreak and otherwise fix my phone, 5.0.1 might’ve snuck on there somehow, although I never saw evidence of that til now, and never actually tried restoring to anything above 4.3.5. Despite this, TU still showed I had 4.3.5, and my BB still at 4.10.01. Really hope that BB is accurate because it would be a shame if it were updated too without my realizing it. Anyway since 5.0.1 was at least partially installed, figured I’d go all the way, and created a custom 5.0.1 ipsw with sn0wbreeze, and restored in DFU mode with TSS running. Pulled error code 11 at the end, but tried starting with iBoot but it just wouldn’t start up. Not sure if error 11 is to blame for that. Regardless I think the error is probably because sn0wbreeze removed the BB file to preserve it. Not sure if that error is preventing me from starting up right now, but suppose I will try a few more things on it, as some hope has been restored. Put about 30 hours into this thing so far. Thanks for your help Pramod.

Don’t run TSS / edit your hosts file while you restore to iOS 5.0.1. All your SHSH must come from Apple itself. Just make sure you don’t run anything in the background. All I’m asking you to do is a simple restore w/o TU / editing your hosts file to a custom iOS 5.0.1. That’s it.

Henry2 years, 11 months ago

Please, I did the same: got blocked on DFU mode after almost making it to a custom 5.0.. I used tinyUmbrella to fix error 3194. It worked. But, in the end, iTunes gave me error (11) and I temporarely lost my phone 3GS….
    Do you think you can help me?

You cannot restore to iOS 5 even if you have cached your SHSH blobs for the same. Apple has stopped signing iOS 5.

ambientmic2 years, 11 months ago

updated to iOS 5.0.1 didn’t save shsh and got stuck in recovery mode, try to restore from iTunes to current build and it gets to the end of extraction and say device is not eligible for this build. any ideas?
    thanks

You cannot restore to an earlier version of an iOS if you don’t have its SHSH saved for your device on Cydia / TU. I have explained it all in the post already.

StuckandMad :(2 years, 11 months ago

I tried pointing Host file to Cydia , shift+restored in pwned DFU mode and it didn’t work. Thing is I don’t have SHSH blobs for my stock OS (4.3.5), as I got the phone as a hand-me-down just a week ago from someone who never jailbroke. My question is, can I get it unlocked in any usable form without any SHSH blobs, with the Gevey Sim Ultra that I have? Would love to just fix the current issue of Recovery loop, go back to how it was without restoring (don’t think I can restore stock 4.3.5 without SHSH blob right?), and use my Gevey and be happy. Hope Apple won’t ruin my week and that someone will have good news for me. As of now I will try messing with it some more and see what happens, maybe I’ll get lucky. Thanks.

Well then, you can always restore to a custom iOS 5.0.1 IPSW & still be able to use the Gevey. Create one using Sn0wbreeze & restore to it instead. That should do the trick.

leadtrioxide2 years, 11 months ago

tried updating to latest 5.0.1 but still getting error 2005. anyone?

Fix your hosts file by removing any references to Cydia & then redo the restore.

leadtrioxide2 years, 11 months ago

hi there, i manage to downgrade my 4.3.5 iphone 4 to 4.3.3 without shsh and currently on endless dfu loop. i’ve tried to update to the latest ios via itunes but keep having error 2005. Already on the lates itunes though. anymore suggestion? thanks

The latest iOS is 5.0.1, not iOS 5 since Apple has stopped signing it already. Restore to stock iOS 5.0.1 instead via iTunes.

StuckandMad :(2 years, 11 months ago

Tried using Fix Recovery in Tiny Umbrella as well as the standalone fixrecovery43.exe, used TU 5.00.12 and the newest 5.01 to no avail. Right when process is finished device goes to apple icon then after 5 seconds to itunes recovery screen. Tried the exit/fix recovery options in redsn0w with a similar result, can’t even “just boot.” Start up with pineapple logo, fades away, restarts into recovery mode. Not sure I feel too optimistic, would love if anyone has any ideas to get my iPhone running again, just want to boot it up to how it was stock without upgrading my baseband (4.10.01). FYI TU says I have 4.3.5 and redsn0w says I have 4.3.4, odd no? Thanks guys.

Not odd at all. Point your hosts file to Cydia & use a stock 4.3.5 IPSW to Shift+Restore your device with. Make sure that your in a pwned DFU mode always before you restore to it.

magnus2 years, 11 months ago

Dear Pramod,
    a thousand thanks for your attention dn taking the time to answer the query,
    I did try the Redsnow 0.9.9.b8, but sadly it does not support the iPhone 3G.
    I guess I am one of a dwindling tribe of iPhone 3G users!
    Thanks again for your prompt help, I will continue my journey without a functioning iPhone!
    I suppose it is a chance to become detached from material possesions.
    All the best
    Magnus

Use Fix Recovery otherwise. It works for iOS 4.1 / 4.2.1 just fine.

StuckandMad :(2 years, 11 months ago

Hello,

Thanks for this great resource. I have a 4.3.5 iPhone that I am trying to jailbreak. It is currently in an endless recovery mode loop despite having tried most all of the Exit Recovery functions in a variety of programs. I think my problem is that I was never able to save my SHSH files. Not with TinyUmbrella, not with iFaith. TU says that Cydia does not have my SHSH and that there is no way for me to get them. My phone, despite having run redsn0w and some other tools, is still on 4.3.5. Is there any way I can bypass this error in TU and get my SHSH files? I am receiving error 3194 and I expect it is because of this. Please let me know if there is a tweak to TU I can do, if there is another program to use to grab my SHSH, or otherwise if I have any hope at all. I am on iPhone 4. Thanks.

Well in that case, you can always restore to a custom iOS 5.0.1 IPSW using Sn0wbreeze. In this manner, you will be able to preserve your Gevey unlock whilst updating your iOS at the same time. Seems like you do not have the necessary SHSH saved for iOS 4.3.5 & so I guess this is your best way out.

magnus2 years, 11 months ago

Sir, I see you kindly answer questions,
    perhaps you could advise me? I am on an iPhone 3G and in a recovery loop. I used redsnow 0.9.7b5 to jailbreak. All was well until I accidetly let iTunes restore. I am running iTunes 10.5 and mac os lion, all up to date. i tried i restore to no avail, despite repeated attempts. Rebooting into the loop occurred.

At this point I am not sure what next. Is there a solution that you are aware of? I cannot get into cydia as the phone is in a loop.
    Thanks in advance for your help

Use Redsn0w 0.9.9b8’s Fix Recovery option under the Extras tab. That should work just fine for you.

john2 years, 11 months ago

im pretty sure i completly messed up my iphone… i updated to ios 5.0.1 then i tried to downgrade but i cant because i have no shsh blobs saved. And now im on 5.0.1 with snowbreeze but the baseband is still messed up because it is on ios5 and the gevey sim wont work.

Can you just tell me if my iphone is done? will there be any thing at all i will be able to do even if its waiting?

Yep, your iPhone is pretty much done & there is no news about anykind of unlock coming by for iOS 5.0+ either.

John Sall2 years, 11 months ago

heres my problem. I was previously on snowbreeze unlocked ios5, then i tried to jailbreak the phone with snowbreeze in simple mode but my baseband wasnt working properly and i had to go back to the regular snowbreeze unlock only. This is where i found my problem, i couldnt restore with snowbreeze so then i just restored to the regular ios5 provided by itunes and im still trying to restore but i cant and i get the 3194 every time.

Can you give me the steps i would need to follow in order to update to a snowbreeze unlocked iphone on ios5? ill follow all the steps as long as you map them out for me. Thanks this will help a lot!

Apple has stopped signing iOS 5, so currently there is no way for you to go back / downgrade to iOS 5 even if you had any kind of SHSH saved for it. They do not work like 4.x restores anymore.

Michael2 years, 12 months ago

Hey i have an iphone 4 currently run on the new iOS 5, i just encountered similar problems as previous people(recovery loop/DFU loop or w.e). This was a result of trying to downgrade to iOS 4.3.3.
    My TU claims to have 2 saves (iPhone 4 4.3.3 (8J2) and iPhone4 4.3.5 (8L1). I was wondering if it was possible for me to downgrade FROM iOS 5 TO iOS 4.3.3 and if so would really appreciate a brief explanation how.
    Thanks in advanced :)

(was meant to post it here and not on your other thread :L, sorry :). )

Yes, you can very well downgrade your device to 4.3.3. Open up TU, set it to these settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve & quit it. Next, downgrade your device to a custom 4.3.3 IPSW via iTunes. Use Sn0wbreeze http://bit.ly/mbFORU & restore to that in a pwned DFU mode.

val2 years, 12 months ago

thanks sir! i will update you if the ios5 will kick my ipod out from pwned DFU mode… thanks!

Yep, I understood that already since both your queries were similar. :D

val2 years, 12 months ago

how can i update to 4.3.5 version if i get an error 3194 without the help of TU and an error 1600 without the help of iREB?

You need to have the 4.3.5 SHSH saved already for your device. Do you have them?

val2 years, 12 months ago

i am stuck on pawned DFU mode after restoring my ipod touch 4g to 4.3.2 i dont have any saved shsh blobs and i already tried using ifaith but didnt work… i need help please sir :(

Nothing can be done w/o having a valid SHSH saved for your device other than to update to the latest iOS that’s being pushed out by iTunes.

Himanshu2 years, 12 months ago

Sir, I have followed your guide of downgrading 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 without SHSH blobs.
    The thing is when i install custom firmware created by sn0wbreeze through itunes after the restoration it actually get stuck in dfu mode . And ive used many tools to get out of it but no chance. Can you please tell me how to get my iPhone 3GS turned on? and that too with activated firmware ?

Respect (Y)

I / We never have posted any such article that claims to downgrade your device w/o having the SHSH blobs already saved. This post explains it all. You always need the necessary SHSH saved for your device.

Sunny3 years ago

Really sad but I’m not sure if I can upgrade to ios5 @ all… Thing is my software version is 4.3.4 and I’m sure i see the green 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 on the top of my cydia screen… But i can’t upgrade to ios5 or restore @ all… Not sure what i should do anymore… Tried hosts already…

bora3 years ago

now, my ipod touch stuck in PWNED DFU mode, bcos i forgot to save SHSH Blob, then i have restored it to 4.3.3, now it is stuck after restore and reboot tether via redsn0w…!!! help plssss

Pramod3 years ago

I believe I have already explained why does it happen so in this same post. If you do not have any SHSH saved for your device / iOS, then updating to iOS 5 is your only way out.

Ed Cordova3 years ago

Thanks for some very informative posts. As usual you’ve saved the day again!

John3 years ago

Thanks for this informative post. Unfortunately, I read this only after I tried to restore to 4.3.3 using TU without ever having jailbroken my device and without saving any SHSH, I restored and am stuck in a recovery loop – is there anything I can do now?

Pramod3 years ago

Unfortunately, No. Updating your device to the latest iOS from iTunes is your only way out.

tunji3 years ago

PLEASE ONE MORE THING, CAN I RESTORE IOS 4.3.5(ORIGINAL, NOT CUSTOMIZED)? PLEASE TELL ME ANYTHING I CAN DO TO GET IT BACK ON

Pramod3 years ago

iOS 4.3.5 never was customized. So Yes, you can restore back safely to iOS 4.3.5 unless your already on an iPadBB.

tunji3 years ago

i have iphone 4, running 4.3.3.ios i try to jailbreak it by restoring with sn0wbrez customware 4.3.3 .. after complete i was stock on DFU loop and dont have shsh blob saved. PLZ TELL WE WHAT I CAN DO TO GET IT BACK ON.

Pramod3 years ago

Read the post above. Unless you have a valid SHSH saved for your device / iOS via Cydia / TU for iOS 4.3.3, you absolutely cannot restore to the same. Its simply not possible. The post is clear about that.

Daidouji3 years ago

Hey nice site I’m learning a lot here. I just have a few questions.

I own an iPhone 3GS it’s currently running with 4.1 (8B117) it’s Model is: MC637E and it has 05.14.02 Baseband. I want to upgrade to 4.3.3 if I open Cydia it shows me SHSH: iOS 4.1 , 4.2.1+. 4.3.3 & 4.3.5.

So I just want to ask. Can i upgrade/jailbreak to 4.3.3 with the specs I currently have? I’m confused because I’ve been reading that I will have to upgrade my Baseband and such. Is this true? I hope you can really help me out with this one to start the upgrade/jailbreak. Thanks a lot for your help.

Pramod3 years ago

Yes you definitely can & provided you do not update your iP3GS with a stock 4.3.3 iOS from iTunes, you can still preserve your BB whilst updating your iOS. All you need to do is create a custom 4.3.3 IPSW via Sn0wbreeze http://bit.ly/mbFORU & restore to that in a pwned DFU mode. Make sure that you also set your hosts file to accept the Cydia server connections.

Bilal Kinali3 years, 1 month ago

I fixed mine. Just used another PC

Floosh3 years, 1 month ago

Well, now i have a other problem and i think its Hardware, after restoring i see no baseband, no wifi no Bluetooth, nothing. And after few minutes it says need restor cuz cant recieve or make calls.

Yes, I’m afraid it definitely is an hardware issue. Your BB is non-functional & therefore is not being read by the iOS itself. You might want to show it at the nearest Apple Store.

Wei Han3 years, 1 month ago

Okay, that’s really sad news for me, but my bad for not backing up before doing anything. Thanks for your help Pramod.

Bilal Kinali3 years, 1 month ago

Hi, i hope you still are there. Im in DFU loop with custom 4.3.3 . I lookup in cydia i got 4.3.5 shsh i try with itunes to upgrade it to 4.3.5 with the host file edited to cydia, i end up with 1013 error. Everywhere i look it says delete the lines in host, i tried, some error. 1013 is killing me, what should i do? I tried EVEYTHING, downgrading to 4.1 4.3.3 etc. i can boot it thedered.

Downgrade to a custom iOS 4.1 instead by first removing Cydia’s server reference from your hosts file. That should work right for you.

Wei Han3 years, 1 month ago

Hi Pramod,

I have a 4.3.5(tethered) jailbroken iPhone 4 and have been using it for 2 months without any problems. Yesterday I attempted to downgrade it to 4.3.3 in order to get a untethered version of the jailbreak. However, after downgrading, my phone got thrown into an infinite DFU loop which i believe was because of the fact that I didn’t have a saved 4.3.3 SHSH. I only had a 4.3.5 SHSH saved by Cydia. Eventually, I had to factory restore back to 4.3.5. Problem is, now all my information and data is gone! Is there any way to restore my iPhone back to the point just before I attempted to downgrade it? (I did not make any backups on iTunes)

Unfortunately, NO. Its how iTunes restores always work & your data got erased probably the first time you tried that downgrade. Its definitely not possible to recover the data that currently doesn’t exist on your iP4 anymore.

Peter3 years, 1 month ago

Ok i have been trying to follow this tutorial to much of my frustration i end up stuck in a DFU loop.

I dont have my shsh blobs saved, but the tutorial sais that it should be possible to downgrade back to 4.3.3 ( tutorial is here: http://www.limera1n.cc/2011/08/downgrade-435-to-433-without-shsh-blobs.html )

The tutorial is so short and doesnt explain much.. i understand the concept of shsh blobs, and why you need them.. What i dont understand is why this tutorial could bypass that?
    Is this tutorial just a bad joke, or can this really be done – and if so, WHAT is the key here?

I been restoring, jailbreaking ( tethered) ran in to loads of errors ( 20 – 1600 – 1013 and 10 others and followed the steps exaclty. the problem is i cannot get past step 6: fixrecovery will not fix anything.

It simply displays some scrolling text and then the phone goes back into dfu loop :-( ( my pc is windows 7, and i have the required zlib1.dll installed- TU fix recovery seems to be exactly the same program)

I just dont understand what is the purpose of running TU if you dont have the 4.3.3 blobs?

That Limera1n.cc post is only a joke. Its never possible to downgrade w/o a valid SHSH blob saved for your device for the above mentioned reasons. Anyone can make such tutorials & up their topic SEO across web searches & draw more traffic. Doesn’t necessarily mean that it should work now right? :D

Floosh3 years, 1 month ago

Hi, i need your help. A friend of mine tried to jailbreak his 3gs, and now it is stucked in a infinite DFU loop. As i can see from TU he did not saved any SHSH blobs… How can i now bring his iphone back to live without the blobs ?

Downgrade to iOS 4.1 instead using a custom 4.1 IPSW. Apple is still signing them, so go ahead & restore to it in a pwned DFU mode. TU will have the iOS 4.1 SHSH if you uncheck the Request SHSH from Cydia option under its Settings tab.

jennifer3 years, 1 month ago

Hi, i used TU to restore and i think it failed :/ cz my ipad is now stuck in DFU mode and i don’t know what to do !:S
    my ipad’s OS was 3.2 and i was restoring/updating to OS 4.3.3
    first i plugged it and enabled “save all available SHSH” and ” request SHSH from cydia” then i clicked “save all SHSHs” after that i unclicked “request SHSH from cydia” and i clicked “save all SHSHs” again. ( that’s how i read it should be done ) and i started TSS server . also i used iREB at the same time cz i was having 1604 error .
    at first everything was fine and the ipad screen went white then the apple logo appeared with a bar below it. when i was done itunes said that my ipad was restored and it should appear on the itunes screen but the opposite happened, i got a message that itunes detects an ipad in recovery and i must restore :/
    What should i do ?!

Well first off, did TU actually display an iOS 4.3.3 SHSH? I believe not. W/o an SHSH, its quite impossible to restore to any of the earlier version builds. As of now, your stuck at iOS 4.3.5 & staying on iOS 4.3.5 is the ONLY way to keep your iPad up & running. :(

Kristofer3 years, 1 month ago

Great!works perfect with me. Thanks for the help man!keep it up.

Jay3 years, 1 month ago

I have a verizon iphone 4 on 4.2.10, and I have it registered so I can update to iOS 5, but I keep getting that error. To my knowledge it has never been jailbroken. Should I still Use ifaith?

Eh, are you trying to update your device to iOS 5? If so, then you should know that iOS 5 isn’t public yet. Also, iFaith doesn’t support 4.2.10.

Pratik3 years, 1 month ago

Hi i have restored my friends iphone 3gs 32gb from 3.1.3 to 4.3.3 using tss server in pwned dfu mode (which i put it in thru iREB r4 )and uncooked firmware . but the phone seems to be stuck on an infinite dfu mode which even fixrecovery43 is not kicking it out of . my TU says it has saved shsh for 4.1 , 4.2.1 , 4.2b3 and 4.3(8f190) . Please advise as to what i can do to wake this up

Ofcourse you cannot restore to iOS 4.3.3 because you don’t have the necessary SHSH saved for that version. You can only restore to those iOS versions for which you ONLY have an SHSH saved fro your device / iOS. The reasons are clearly explained in the post itself.

greg3 years, 1 month ago

Hello, I bought a used iphone 4 for use in sweden. I hd a friend jailbreak and unlock it with Greenpoison. He saved the ios info on my desktop in case i needed to restore the phone. However with a local carriers sim card the phone still is locked. A guy at the store told me I need to go to an older baseband using “tiny Umbrella”. Unfortunately it turns out that the saved version is 4.2.1, with a baseband of 03.10.01., which is apparently unlockable. Any tips on how to download, or anything else i can do to get to an older baseband so i can use this phone?

I’m in dire straights here and have been pulling my hair out over this for a month so any help woulb be greatly appreciated. Thank!

Its not possible to downgrade your BB once updated. Therefore, using a Gevey SIM is the only way that you can unlock your iP4 as of now.

HERB3 years, 1 month ago

PLEASE HELP ME! I HAVE THE FOLLOWING SHSH’S IN TINY UMBRELLA. I AM TRYING TO DOWNGRADE TO 4.3.3 BUT I KEEP GETTING 3194. IM ALSO GOING INTO NOTEPAD AND CHANGING THAT AS WELL. IVE TRIED EVERYTHING! PLEASE ADVISE.

iPhone4 4.1 (8B117)
    iPhone4 4.2b3 (8C5115c)
    iPhone4 4.3.5 (8L1)
    iPhone4 4.3b2 (8F5153d)
    iPhone4 4.3b3 (8F5166b)
    iPhone4 5.0b1 (9A5220p)
    iPhone4 5.0b2 (9A5248d)
    iPhone4 5.0b3 (9A5259f)
    iPhone4 5.0b4 (9A5274d)

Ofcourse your restores will fail & iTunes will throw the 3194 error. Do you even see an SHSH for iOS 4.3.3 ?

Shannon3 years, 1 month ago

Yesterday, my iPhone OS crashed and I tried re-installing my old 4.0.1. I had my SSH blobs saved from Cydia and I tried both TinyUmbrella and manually editing the host file. After numerous tries, my device kept getting stuck in DFU/Recovery mode and I kept getting a 1015 error. Then I tried a suggestion a poster made (not sure if it was from this site) and said to use limera1n, I did and the jailbreak was successful, however it also unlocked my phone and I had no carrier (I’m on AT&T). I found out that I needed iTunes to validate my carrier before jailbreaking so in a rushed mode, I upgraded to the latest 4.3.5 firmware and set it back to factory so I’d have my carrier back.

I have SSH blobs from 4.0.1 – 4.3.3, I would like to downgrade to the most stable firmware to jailbreak, which from my research is 4.3.3. Is there a way to have iTunes search my hard drive for my saved SSH blobs instead of using TinyUmbrella’s TSS Server or modifying my Host file? I’ve noticed, however that when I have the line: 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com added to my host it is commented out with a ‘#’ after attempting to restore. I now currently have that line, along with: #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com in my Host file. If my saved SSH blobs are no good, is there a place where I can download them. In short, is there a way to make this process work for me. I hate not having my device jailbroken. I personally think Apple should make the OS open for everyone! I like the aspect of changing the graphical & sounds to my liking, among other tweeks i.e. spam filter for the mail app(which should be stander anyway!)

Sorry to ramble on. I just want a step by step, successful way to downgrade to either 4.3.3 or back to 4.0.1 so I can re-jailbreak.

Please help

First of all, you need to use a custom iOS 4.3.3 for your restores since you have updated your iOS already to the latest version which wasn’t a good move at all. Next, confirm first where do you have the SHSH blob for iOS 4.3.3 saved. On Cydia / TU? Assuming that its on TU, open it up & start the TSS server at the background & keep it running. Next, open up iTunes & Shift+Restore to the custom IPSW via iTunes in a pwned DFU mode. Use Sn0wbreeze to create a custom 4.3.3 iOS. Read this http://bit.ly/mbFORU.

Bryan3 years, 1 month ago

Hi. I really need your help.

My ipad is running on 4.2.1 (jailbreaked) and my plan is to update it to 4.3.3.

I turned my ipad on DFU mode then used the Shift+Restore method on itunes using 4.3.3.ispw. After that, my ipad was still in DFU mode. I tried to use this fix recovery but it doesn’t work. Is it because I used the ‘SHIFT+RESTORE’ instead of ‘SHIFT+UPDATE” on itunes? please help. Thanks!

Using TU w/o really having any saved SHSH for iOS 4.3.3 will never give you a successful restore. You haven’t used any valid SHSH blobs that may have been saved either by Cydia / TU to restore to iOS 4.3.3. Verify first if you actually have one saved by reading this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX. If you do not have one, you can forget about restoring to iOS 4.3.3.

manish agrawal3 years, 2 months ago

i am stuck in dfu loop…as tried to update my iphone 3gs with custom 4.3.3 using TU sssh server as i was getting 3194 error. now i m stuck in dfu loop…plz help me i have tried home + power trick.

i think tu saved a shsh blob on my machine as when i start TU its that blob available for my phone are 4.1( my original firmware), 4.3.5, 5.02 etc . should i use ifaith to build a ipsw using the TU 4.1 blob.

what should i do ….plz help

Ofocurse, if you do not see iOS 4.3.3 listed, then there is no point in restoring to 4.3.3 because you do not have a valid saved SHSH. But inspite of that you did try to restore & now your in a DFU loop. You can only restore to a custom 4.1 IPSW ONLY. So yes, use iFaith to create an IPSW for iOS 4.1 & restore to it via iTunes in a pwned DFU mode.

DAvid3 years, 2 months ago

So if I don’t have any SHSH blobs saved, and I’m already in the DFU loop, there is nothing for me to do?

Yep, that’s pretty much what the post is all about. Long story short.

Nick3 years, 2 months ago

Thanx a lot for all the help. I have my phone in working condition.:)

Nick3 years, 2 months ago

Phew..thanks a lot it worked, one last question though, i am in no mood to jailbreak or do anything with iphone 4 for now but can i save my shsh using TU or ifaith without jailbreak, also i yet to activate it with at&t sim will be doing that in few hours( dont have it right now with me) so my query is my iphone4 4.3.5 with no activation can i still backup my shsh (really eager to last situation was irritating) or i am only able to do it after activation.
    ***no ifaith since only works on below 4.3.3

I believe you can now use TU to save them (Uncheck the Request SHSH from Cydia option under Advanced menu.), but there isn’t any point in saving it since its still a tethered JB & will also remain like that until iOS 5 becomes public. So, iOS 5 is the only next hope of an untethered JB.

Nick3 years, 2 months ago

Well it was pretty clear from you blog itself that it was not possible but just wanted to ask anyways.:)
    So i more question –

So as i told you i used ireb to put in pwnd mode(in order to get rid of 1604 error)and restored with cook firmware and now it is in endless loop of pwnddfu/dfu in short blackscreen only.

So now i just connect it to itunes-then itunes gonna check for updates-and then update to 4.3.5(i have 4.3.5 saved) right, thats all i have to do (or is there anything else i am missing or i should do)

Thanking you in anticipation(that you will solve my query :))

Yes, that will solve. Make sure that you have removed Cydia’s address completely from your hosts file, save it & then update to iOS 4.3.5 via iTunes.

Nick3 years, 2 months ago

Hi first of all i would like you to thank for this post if only i would have read it few hours before i might have able to save my iphone 4. So now my prob is that iphone is stuck in dfu loop.(I had 4.2.1 jailbroken but did erase all contents and settings as a result it stuck on apple logo, then i tried to restore it 4.2.1 stock and custom[snowbreeze cooked] i bypassed all the errors using TU,ireb, but main thing was which i found out after reading this post is that i dont think i have shsh saved)So know as i said it is stuck so the only option is to upgrade right? So if i upgrade it to 4.3.1 from stucked 4.2.1 is it possible because i dont have 4.3.1 shsh.

As you said in post that “SHSH blobs are always a necessity if you ever plan to update/restore your iOS to any version other that the latest available version pushed out by Apple” so its pretty clear what you are saying but just wanted to ask if the above statements even applies to upgrading firmware(not to the latese as is upgrading to 4.3.1 4.3.3 4.3.4 but not 4.3.5) I am reluctant to upgrade to 4.3.5 as i am reading the post that its never gonna be jailbroken.

I hope you could reply i clear a small bit of confusion that i had left.

No, you cannot update to any of the iOS versions other that the latest one unless you have an SHSH blob saved by Cydia/TU. Your only option is to upgrade to the latest iOS & jailbreak it if necessary just to confirm if Cydia has any blob saved for you & then later restore to it. Yes, the statement applies to any intermediate iOS version restores/updates as well. iOS 4.3.5 will still be a tethered JB & will remain like that until iOS 5 atleast.

Victor3 years, 2 months ago

Jesus… so easy…

Now I understand the problem and my mistake.

Luckily, the iphone had a good jailbreake before and the SHSH was saved by cydia.

Thank you very much, you save my friends iphone.

NOW IS ALIVE !!!

Victor3 years, 2 months ago

Hi:

I hope you can help me, I have an Iphone Gs 32gb into an Infinite DFU Loop.

A friend bring his iphone to me because he screw it up and his iphone was off. After a while, I figured it out the iphone was on 6.15 baseband and into my many attempts to bring it back, I know he used greenpoison at some point (unknown version).

To make it short I’m going to explain you the only method it worked for me to kind of bring back this iphone (and I try a lots of different tools, methods, IPSW’s etc etc)

1.- I let the battery drain out completely (about a week)
    2.- I plug the iphone to the computer and let the battery charge a little bit (Till the red battery icon appeared)
    3.- I opened redsnow win 0.9.6rc16 and load the original 4.3.3 IPSW
    4.- Set the iphone into DFU
    5.- After redsnow finished, I opened tiny umbrella and start tss server
    6.- I opened iTunes and made a custom restore

When itunes finished the iphone went into recovery mode but i couldn’t take it out of there using tiny umbrella or fix recovery tools, so the only way was:

7.- I open redsnow win 0.9.6rc16, load the 4.3.3. original IPSW and install Cydia
    8.- I reboot tethered

And Voala!! the iphone came back alive… or at least that’s what I thought…

The iphone works fine if I set the ‘automatic lock’ to ‘never’, but as you may understand the battery runs out very fast and the iphone is on all the time.

If I turn off the phone and bring it back tethered at the moment it works, but if I let the iphone go to a STAND BY mode, the iphone enters into a infinite DFU mode and I can’t bring it back tethered, I have to start from step one.

Any kind of help would work and it would be appreciated.

By the way, I try the method of letting the battery run out with the iphone on all the time to fix the BOOT, but it didn’t worked.

Thanks to all in advance.

You do not have valid SHSH blobs for your device for iOS 4.3.3 & therefore using TU did no good. Create a custom IPSW for iOS 4.2.1 (hopefully it should be having one) & restore to that. Do not use TU for your restores at all. Make sure that your hosts file is edited to point iTunes to Cydia’s server first & then Shift+Restore to this custom IPSW in a pwned DFU mode. But if it errors out at 3194, you do not have an SHSH blob for iOS 4.2.1 either. First ask your friend if he had saved any SHSH blobs either by Cydia (http://bit.ly/p07pX2) or by TU (http://bit.ly/n8Kkb1 with these settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve set).