JailbreakMe 3.0 Now Live: Jailbreak Your iPad 2 on iOS 4.3.3 Using This Tool [How-To Guide]

And now it's finally here. There have been quite a lot of dramas and controversies prior to the release of JailbreakMe 3.0. First it was leaked by a beta tester then the JailbreakMe.com website going on sale, things were looking not so good back then for Comex's jailbreak solution. And now, after quite a long wait, the eagerly anticipated iPad 2 jailbreak is now live and as usual we will be providing an extensive tutorial for you. Don't worry though because this is got to be one of the easiest way to jailbreak your device, if not the easiest.

JailbreakMe 3.0
We know you are all excited so we will be jumping straight into the steps on how to jailbreak your device using JailbreakMe Saffron (the code name for JailbreakMe 3.0). This is an untethered jailbreak and please note this will ONLY work with iOS firmware 4.3.3. Confirmed to work on every device including the iPad 2 and iPhone 4.
JailbreakMe 3.0 for iPad 2

Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on your device using JailbreakMe:

1. Open Safari on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and navigate to this URL: http://jailbreakme.com. When done correctly, you should be able to see a welcome Cydia welcome page as pictured below:
  2. You should be able to see a "Free" button just under the Cydia logo so go ahead and tap on that. Then it will change to "Install", so tap on that again. It is important that you do this process only once. Also note that you might get stuck for a few seconds.
  3. Cydia will now be installed in your device and Safari should automatically close. You are pretty much done here.
  4. Once the process is done, you will be getting a notification that Cydia has been installed successfully. Cydia should now be found in your Home screen. You can also reboot your device for good measure.

Cydia on iPad 2
NOTE: If you encounter any issues with JailbreakMe, try clearing your cache and cookies in Safari. Also removing all running background apps from the multi-tasking tray before installation should definitely help.

Jailbreak Saffron is a hack that takes advantage of an exploit that's located in the Safari browser which serves as a portal so the system can load the necessary files and execute the jailbreak from inside the device.

If you have any reservations about jailbreaking your device because the entire process is too complicated for you, then this method should be your perfect entry point to the world of jailbreaking. As you can see in the steps, unlike with other jailbreak solutions, you won't even need to connect your device to a computer. It really is one of the easiest method to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

If you have used the JailbreakMe tool before, then you know that the method is exactly the same as we have outlined above. Now this jailbreak solution may seem too good to be true because of its utter simplicity, then yes, it does have one drawback. As stated above, Jailbreak Saffron only works with iOS 4.3.3, although Comex, author of JailbreakMe, stated that he will add support for older firmware versions as well. Aside from that, this is pretty much a go-to solution when jailbreaking your device.

Update # 1:
For all those of you who are facing issues in getting your iDevices recognized by Comex's JBMe3.0 website, here's what you need to do.
The Problem?
At times, the JBMe3.0 website is not able cache the redirect address for your iDevice via which you access the PDF Exploit.

Solution 1:
Direct links !! All you need to do is manually enter in the web address for your respective devices in your Safari Web Browser that you want to jailbreak on. This makes your Safari browser redirect to the respective PDF Exploit and therefore causes no caching issues.

For iPhone (3GS/4) (4.3.3)
For iPod Touch (3G/4) (4.3.3)
For iPad 1 (4.3.3)
For iPad 2 (4.3.3)

Solution 2:
According to a fellow Jaxov reader malduweik, entering in the http://www.jailbreakme.com web address word by word (including the .com) without pressing the default .com button on the keyboard seems to have resolved this issue in a much simpler way. Make sure to thank him if it helps you.

Let us know in case of any issues in the comments below.

Roohul Amin5 years, 1 month ago

i want to downgrade my baseband (06.15.00) version 4.1 (8B117),

what should i do?

Not possible because BB versions aren’t like iOS versions. They are irreversible updates.

under thethumber5 years, 1 month ago

Yay that’s great!
    but errr ummmm ….
    “…can restore to a custom ios with ease …” ????????

to quote Austin Powers [Maybe it was the bad guy …..] – Riiigghhhhttt

Really really simple Australian here …….. The next step[s] is/are??

I’ve read these great posts:

But – although great reads, informative, well written etc………… I’m still unsure what to do now to get from 4.1 up to 4.3 something.

Sorry.

under thethumber5 years, 1 month ago

You legend! Thank you so much. Cydia is showing many!!

4.2.1, 4.3, 4.3b1, 4.3b2, 4.3.3, 4.3.5

Dunno how to paste the screen shot here [I’m on a PC – not here phone]

Did you use Photoloupen to draw the line around the area in your pic?

Good, now you can very well restore to a custom iOS 4.3.3 with ease.
      No, its a simple MSPaint’s rectangular color box.

under thethumber5 years, 1 month ago

Apologies for troubling you, and being ‘off topic’, but my web searches are dumb, and I can’t find the answer – and you have helped me heaps before…. so apol’s.

Have already j/broken my wife’s 4 running 4.1 and all is good… Would like though, to maybe put it up to 4.3 for the additional features/enhancements. But have no idea what to do, and how to go about it! – Dumb, I know…. sorry.

Fire up Cydia & have a look at its homepage here http://bit.ly/qS5bjW. If you see any of the 4.3.x (other than 4.3.0) iOS versions listed here, your good to go. Do you have any?

regulus5 years, 1 month ago

thank you for your update 1, helped solving my problem here

Zaid5 years, 1 month ago

Wil there be a jailbreak for iPad2 4.3.5 any time soon..I’m planning to buy an iPad

NO & for the iPad 2, don’t expect any kind of jailbreak itself.

bob5 years, 2 months ago

tnx. this helped. keep rockin.

Brooke taylor5 years, 2 months ago

It says ‘this does not support 3g’ when I go to it. What do I do!

Are you trying to jailbreak your iP3G? You saw that message simply because your device isn’t running an iOS 4.3.3. An iP3G does not have one.

under thethumber5 years, 2 months ago

Fantastic! Appreciate your help so much!
    btw – didn’t see your earlier reply – nor received notification.
    Thank you again!!

under thethumber5 years, 2 months ago

furthermore ……
    impatient me …….. I found a couple of web sites which had links to download 4.3.3 so I tried it.

I downloaded a friggin huge file named:

iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore

it’s 682 mb

So….. should I tell my wife to download that? install & then jbme?

No. You cannot do that. You might want to follow the link I suggested in my previous comment to you. That is the only way you can preserve your baseband for future unlocks. The IPSW is definitely need for performing the custom IPSW restore.

under thethumber5 years, 2 months ago

Very very very good site. Thank you. Really interesting and helpfull. I’m travelling o/s for 4 months and have just realized I should have had my wife attempt JailbreakMe 3.0.
    Prooblem though is her 5 month old Iphone 4 would be an old firmware – not 4.3.3 as I unfortunately told her to never allow an update through itunes.
    Can I still find a website or torrent for 4.3.3; downloadand it,have her install that somehow, then go to JailbreakMe 3.0?
    or …. I think I missed the boat – and am in the bad books again … as usual. Thank you

You can very well restore to a custom created IPSW of iOS 4.3.3. In that way, you’ll be able to preserve your unlock as well as get it jailbroken at the same time. Use Sn0wBreeze. Follow this http://bit.ly/lujZTw. JBMe3 is not an option for you.

saed5 years, 2 months ago

Finally it worked for me after I cleared all cookies, history and memory also I accepted all cookies.
    Then I types the link for Ipad2 as is letter by letter

MUGGZ5 years, 2 months ago

thanks pramod ur a star….

MUGGZ5 years, 2 months ago

srry i dont understand. ok when i load cydia on top of screen it says SHSH:ios 4.1,4.3.3 so does this mean my blobs are saved? i cant recall saving them…also would it help if i was to uninstall installous and appsync for 4.0+… when googling api error this people say is a common fix. is this true?

Yes , you have your SHSH saved for iOS 4.3.3. Yes, you may try the uninstall as well.

MUGGZ5 years, 2 months ago

hello how do u make sure u have saved ur ios 4.3.3 SHSH blobs? also i have been having major problems with installous with the api error api unavailable…. is their a fix for that or not and y does it do that? cant download any apps because of it… plz help thanks..

Apple’s signing window for iOS 4.3.3 has closed. Therefore, its not possible to save your SHSH exclusively anymore. You can check if you have saved your SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3 by firing up Cydia & see if iOS 4.3.3 is one of the saved SHSH for your iDevice on top of Cydia’s homepage. For API errors on Installous, follow this guide http://bit.ly/kqgZMb.

Amin5 years, 2 months ago

Guys Apple Released iOS 4.3.4 perhaps it stop Jailbreak?, can any one can confirm this please

It is already confirmed. Apple has patched the JBMe3 exploit so make sure that you have saved your iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs.

Christx5 years, 2 months ago

This may be stupid question but since I used jailbreakme.com the gps on my iPhone 4 has stopped working. No nav apps can use it. Any ideas?

Did you try giving it a reboot? JBMe3 never had any issues with the GPS (simply because it has nothing to do with unlocks at all). I suppose its caused by some of the nav apps itself. Give your iP4 a complete, fresh restore. That should do it. Else, try uninstalling all the nav apps that you have on your iP4 and see if the GPS is working with the inbuilt maps app. Its hard to find out what might actually be the issue but its sure not JBMe3.

m115 years, 2 months ago

thanks

m115 years, 2 months ago

what are the necessary patches & essential upgrades?

(Always use the REPLY button when replying to an earlier topic posted by YOU.)
      PDF Patcher 2 http://bit.ly/nMttwX & Essential Upgrade is a Cydia update. So make sure that you have updated that as well.

m115 years, 2 months ago

hello pramod u say that when cydia is loaded up for the 1st time All the saved SHSH blobs for your device can be viewed as a line at the top of Cydia’s homepage. does that mean i dont have to save them myself so when apple bring out 4.3.4 i can downgrade to 4.3.3? if so how would i do that?

Yes, that’s right. But why would you even want to update to iOS 4.3.4? Make sure that you have installed all the necessary patches & Essential Upgrades after JBMe3. Follow this guide mentioned here http://bit.ly/rf7Btk. The process is exactly the same for an iPad as well.

sioux5 years, 2 months ago

Hello Pramod,

I still encounter error “size mismatch” on installing Installous 4.. Is there any other way on this.. please advise..

thanks.

Raj5 years, 2 months ago

Yes, my baseband is 04.10.01 on iPhone 4. So no software unlocks anywhere yet?

Is it possible to downgrade to an older firmware and then use the software unlocks such as ultrasn0w on cydia?

Thanks much.

No & No. There are currently no s/w unlocks available for the iP4 on a BB version 02.10.xx and above. The only way right now to get yourself unlocked is by using the Gevey SIM interposer.

M115 years, 2 months ago

Hello I have jaibreaked my phone using jbme3 and now want to save my shsh blobs but can’t seem to find the place in cydia to do it… please can u tell me where in cydia I can do this.
    Kind regards
    M11

Cydia does not provide the ability to save your SHSH blobs via a dedicated button. It is saved onto the Cydia server by default when your Cydia is loaded up for the first time. All the saved SHSH blobs for your device can be viewed as a line at the top of Cydia’s homepage.

Raj5 years, 2 months ago

I have iPhone 4.3.3 and i used JB 3.0 to jailbreak. I bought a new microsim but the iphone rejects it saying Invalid SIM.

1. So is my phone jailbroken but still locked?

2. What can i use to unlock the iphone and use my new microsim?

Thanks for the help.

JBMe3 is only a jailbreak tool. Its definitely not an unlocking solution. So Yes, your only jailbroken right now, but not yet unlocked. Unfortunately, using a Gevey SIM interposer is the only way to get your iP4 unlocked as your BB>=02.10.

sioux5 years, 2 months ago

Hello Pramod,

I had JB my iphone 3gs iOS 4.3.3 I add http://cydia.hackulo.us and everytime I tried to install Installous 4 I received a message “size mismatch”.. Please help.. thanks

Yes, it does frequently happen when the Hackulo server is kinda off the hook. You only need to wait for a few hours before you try downloading Installous again.

Elaine5 years, 2 months ago

I had jail break my IPad 2 version 4.3.3 but whenever I try to download cracked games and other program via Installous 4, it keep probing API Error, Resource not found or invalid. How do I resolve this? Please help…… Thanks….

M115 years, 2 months ago

Hi I have jailbreak my iPhone 3gs using jbme3 I have installed installous but at times when loading I get a api error what does this mean? When installed cydia I chose user out of user hacker and developer. Does this matter? U said to choose developer.

Definitely Cydia has nothing to do with Installous’s API error. Follow this guide http://bit.ly/kqgZMb to learn how to resolve the API Error issue with Installous.

Amin5 years, 2 months ago

Damn Fine Job Thank you

hatem5 years, 2 months ago

Thank you pramod very very much..

I had salman problem but your advices help me .

thanx again.

m115 years, 2 months ago

hi after jailbreak through jbme3 when u open cydia it “ask who are you”
    user hacker or developer may sound silly but which 1 do i select?

Choose Developer. They are just there for Search filtering purposes.

benjy tan5 years, 2 months ago

after the said jailbreak,,,

will it DELETE the installed games??
    will it DELETE the sources in my Cydia??
    will it DELETE the downloaded Apps in my Installous??
    will it delete all the Apps and Tweaks installed in my iPhone??

im thinking of jailbreaking my iPhone4(4.2.1) to the latest version..
    please HELP me!!!!

NO!! Nothing gets deleted by performing a jailbreak.
      Only a Restore or an Update of your iOS in any kind will delete everything that you had on your iPhone and will reset your iDevice back to the Factory default settings.

AHMED KORI5 years, 2 months ago

iphone 3gs 4.3.3.3
    after clearing cache/browsing history as well fresh Restore than entering web address jailbreakme.com word by word (including the .com) without pressing the default .com button on the keyboard resolved the issue

yes it worked thank you very much dear promod

sukran masallama

Jhon5 years, 2 months ago

hi, nothing didnt work for me !
    just like the other guy.

jailbreakme.com, typed by me, didnt work, typing the whole website with the firmware of my ipad, didnt work ! not even making a fresh restore on my ipad,
    netiher of those 2 action work form me, after i restored my ipad !
    before all that i deleted all the history cache and that stuff, and nothing !!

what can i do ???

The other guy infact got it working by doing a fresh restore. Comex will be fixing all the issues related to JBMe3 by tomorrow. Hang on !! :)

gibberfish5 years, 2 months ago

I have the 3GS with 4.3.3 and 5.16.02. I have tried it using the standard link and using the extended direct link and both have been unsuccessful. Any ideas?

Define unsuccessful. Are you getting the Come Back Later on your iDevice message?

AHMED KORI5 years, 2 months ago

not working
    the typeing tip also not worked

not working

not working

Did you try clearing your cache/browsing history as well? If even then it doesn’t work, go ahead and give your iPad a fresh Restore. Once completed, proceed towards JBMe3 jailbreak.

M115 years, 2 months ago

Hello should I do shsh blobbs back up before jailbreak or after?

Either way it is possible. Definitely upto you to decide.
      Before jailbreak via TinyUmbrella
      After jailbreak via Cydia itself.

malduweik5 years, 2 months ago

Dears who faced the come back problem on ipad2 .. i found the fix for you, its too simple.

you have to type jailbreakme.com letter by letter instead of using the .com within the keyboard
    i used to have the same problem, i even restored factory settings, restored twice and with no luck.
    until i typed it letter by letter and it worked like a charm.

enjoy

Thanks for the tip. Lets see if it helps others as well.

m115 years, 2 months ago

pramod thanks very much regards all ur help with my questions u have been fantastic…. hopefully i will jailbreak 2day with jbme3 and complete it with the patching i will let u know how its gone once done.
    THANKS again…

m115 years, 2 months ago

hi pramod sorry to be a pain but i am a bit confused please help… my gps works fine if i jailbreak through jbme3 or redsnow do i lose gps or not? i know jbme3 is the easiest way so if i do through that after installing what else do i have to instal for more security? one last question whats the shsh blobs topic about do i have to sve them for future downgrades and if so please can u explain how to do that. many thanks

No, JBMe 3.0 has nothing to do with unlocks/GPS of any sort. Its just pure jailbreak. Read this comment.
      For an SHSH explanation, read this. A more detailed info can always be found on Google.
      Once you have installed JBMe3.0, you’ll need to complete it by patching the PDF Exploit. Follow this guide: http://bit.ly/nMttwX
      Make sure that you subscribe to the comment that your typing so that you get follow up emails when someone responds to you.

M115 years, 2 months ago

Hi if I use jailbreakme on my iPhone 3GS will I have the gps problem people are talking about?

Creata5 years, 2 months ago

Hi Pramod,
    I figured it out already. Thanks!!!

Creata5 years, 2 months ago

From your provided hyperlink, “http://bit.ly/pXIYlx”, it said I need to jailbreak my iDevice on iOS 4.3.3 using “Redsn0w, PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze”. But I have jailbroke my iPad 2 3G using jailbreakme.com already, should I restore my iPad back to original state then re-jailbreak using Redsn0w, PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze? Thanks for advice.

No You need not restore back to iOS 4.3.3. If you have used JBMe3.0, you can continue with adding the repo address from within Cydia itself.

Creata5 years, 2 months ago

how to install Installous from Jailbreakme 3.0?

You do not install Installous from JBMe3.0. You install Installous from Cydia which you get after you complete the JBMe process. Once done, follow this guide on how to install Installous: http://bit.ly/pXIYlx

sach5 years, 2 months ago

hi Pramod
    I have 3GS, 4.3.3, BB 06.15.00, Factory Activated and have problem with GPS, can i use JBMe.30 to solve GPS problem?

No. JBMe3.0 is meant for only jailbreaking iOS 4.3.3 especially on the iPad2 which could not be jailbroken until now. A GPS fix is yet to come from the iPhone Dev-Team for the iPad BB. No ETA on it though, so you’ll need to keep waiting for a fix to drop by.

m115 years, 2 months ago

hi even when cache and history is cleared problem still their? whats the solution? is their anyone who has jailbreaked their 4.3.3 iphone succesfully through jailbreakme?

M11, I have found the issue & I have updated the post as well with the solution for your problem. (Read Update#1)

Salman5 years, 2 months ago

PRAMOD

SIR YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER

i restore and it’s working fine now thanks a trillion .

Salman5 years, 2 months ago

please help

when i am going on jailbreakme and click on install i can see cydia icon on springboard and say loading and as soon as it come on installing it’s gone nothing

ipad2 was on 4.3 i try jailbraakme and it work perfect then i update my ipad to 4.3.3 and now i am trying to do and getting this problem what should i do i already safe my shsh so should i downgrade it back to 4.3

If you downgrade, you’ll not have a jailbreak anymore as you can read it only supports the iOS 4.3.3. Restore to iOS 4.3.3 once again and retry the same procedure once again. It shouldn’t take much time for the Restore to complete as well.

M115 years, 2 months ago

What’s the problem with the message come back on your iPhone iPad or ipod touch to use jailbreakme. Why are people getting that message. Does this.happen when trying with iPhone 3gs?

Comex says that its due to the website caching problem & nothing related to the jailbreak itself. So make sure you have cleared your Safari caches/history etc..

Salman5 years, 2 months ago

As you said it support only 4.3.3 i update my ipad 2 to 4.3.3 and trying to jailbreak but it’s not working after loading it disappear i try everything clean history clean cookie everything nothing is working please help

Do you see a Cydia icon on your Springboard? Right after your press Install from JBMe.30 what happens? Do you get a pop-up?

m115 years, 2 months ago

hi pramod what do u mean drop the rs idea? whats the difference between jailbreakme and doing it through redsnow?

Read my earlier comment. :)

m115 years, 2 months ago

so their is no need for me to do it through redsnow? has this jailbreakme3 been tested and confirmed that it works and whats the difference between doing it redsnow way and jailbreakme way?

Yes. It has been tested & definitely yes. You are seeing the proof on our How-To guide on the same page itself. It is much simpler & easy to use rather than going through all the trouble that RedSn0w has in stock. JBMe3.0 is as simple as a single tap !! :)

Mm5 years, 2 months ago

Jailbreakme.com always shows me this msg : Come back on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to use JailbreakMe.
    I tried opening it from different idevices and all firmware are 4.3.3 8j2 the same msg pops again
    What can I do ?
    rs idea? sorry but what do u mean.

Mm, I have found the issue & I have updated the post as well with the solution for your problem. (Read Update#1)

m115 years, 2 months ago

hi just to confirm i have a iphone 3gs that was locked to the o2 network but now i have had it sim unlocked to all networks through o2. version 4.3.3 (8j2)
    modem firmware 05.16.02
    so if i go to jailbreakme through my iphone on safari will it jailbreak the device for me? is it really that simple?

Yes, it definitely that simple. :) Go ahead and give it a try M11. You can drop the RS idea.

sioux5 years, 2 months ago

Does this support iphone 3gs iOS 4.3.3 with baseband 05.16.02..
    thanks

Yes, it definitely does support every iDevice right now including the iPad2. (except the ATV2. Lol :))