Install Installous 4.4.2 on iOS 4.3.4 Through Hackulous Repo on iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad

Just last week, Apple just released an update for its current mobile operating system iOS 4, which is the iOS 4.3.4. The main reason for this update was to patch a major security hole that's found within Mobile Safari. Now if you've managed to upgrade to iOS 4.3.4 and need to jailbreak your iOS device, unfortunately you will have to settle with a tethered jailbreak. If you want to know how to jailbreak iOS 4.3.4 into your device using Redsn0w, then refer to this tutorial. Now, if you have already jailbroken your device and want to download and install cracked apps in order to try them out before buying, then you will need Installous 4.4.2.

Installous 4.4.2

Steps to Install Installous 4.4.2 on iOS 4.3.3 Through Hackulous Repo:

1. After you have jailbroken your iOS device to 4.3.4, first you will have to launch Cydia.
  2. Once you're in Cydia's Home page, tap the Manage tab at the lower right of the screen. On the next screen, tap on Sources. In this step we will be adding the Hackulo.us repository, if you have already done so, then please skip to step 4.
  3. Cydia-Manage-iOS-434

4. On the Sources page, tap Edit on the top right corner of the screen, then tap Add on the top left corner after. A window will pop up asking for the Cydia/APT URL. Just enter the following: http://cydia.hackulo.us, then just tap the Add Source button to add this repo.
  5. Cydia-Hackulous-Repo-iOS-434

6. If done correctly, Cydia will briefly update its repo list. Once that's done, we will now search for Installous by tapping the Search tab below and typing "Installous" into the search field (without quotes).
  7. Search-Installous-iOS-434

8. Installous 4 should appear in your results so just select by tapping. Then just tap Install located at the top right section.
  9. Installous-4.4.2-for-iOS-434

10. Now if you do not have WiFi access, don't fret because we can still install Installous offline. You will just to download a couple of files. First, download the Installous 4.4.2 DEB file from here, AppSync for 4.0+ (1.1-5) DEB from here and finally all the other essential DEB files from here. Just install iPhone Explorer so you can place those DEB files in the Auto Install directory. just navigate to this location:
  11. Location: /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall

Install-Installous-DEB-File-iOS-434

12. Once you are done placing the files, reboot your iDevice. If you want to install cracked apps without WiFi, just head over to AppTracker and download your desired IPAs, and through iPhone explorer just place them to this directory:
  13. Location: /var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads

Install-IPA-Files-without-SSH-or-Wifi-iOS-434

14. Now launch Installous from your iDevice and tap the Downloads tab. You should see your downloaded IPAs there, so just select the app you want and tap Install.

Recommended Read:

Mimi4 years, 11 months ago

Hi! I’ve tried these but there is no Cydia folder under Media. When I created one, and an AutoInstall inside it, there’s this pop-up that says I’m transferring to a non-jailbreak directory. Please help! :(

godsson4 years, 12 months ago

how to download whatsapp from installous

Lau Ka Kei5 years, 1 month ago

OMG!! Thanks!! I’m a goner if my iPhone jams like this!
    I was like phew!! when o\you said this:
    Your having a tethered JB. So you need to seek the help of your PC each time you reboot your device. Use Redsn0w’s Just Boot Tethered Now option.

:)))))))))))

henry5 years, 1 month ago

I’ve downloaded Installous, but it still isn’t on my deskop. What can I do? Help me, please.

Eh, search your desktop for it.

Chuck5 years, 3 months ago

hi,

I’ve just installed Installous 4.4.2 and I have a problem when it comes to install the app downloaded. I get this message everytime:

installation failed: Invalid IPA.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Nathan5 years, 4 months ago

Works fine ty

kevin5 years, 4 months ago

hey i just downloaded installous BUT it does not show up in my spring board i cheaked to see in cydia and turns out that i have downloaded it but still it does not show up !! help me please

yours truly kevin

Its only a simple installation. If everything was installed just fine without any errors/hitches, it should be there right on your Springboard.

Vicky5 years, 4 months ago

I have a install the 4.3.4 version on my Iphone, in version 4.3.3 I have Cydia installed, now it deleted from my IPhone, how they solved?

Go back to iOS 4.3.3. Use a custom IPSW to restore your iPhone back to iOS 4.3.3 because 4.3.4 has only a tethered JB. Make sure that you have the SHSH blobs saved for it first & then restore.

JC5 years, 4 months ago

Hi, so every time when i need reboot my iphone I must do so through the Redsn0w’s?

Yes. That’s what tethered JB actually means. Your iPhone is tethered to your PC.

JC5 years, 4 months ago

I have a problem installing the 4.3.4 version installous on my Iphone, I have Cydia installed, download and install Installous and when I restart the Iphone is stuck on black screen, someone has gone something similar and how they solved?