iFaith is the world's first ever SHSH blobs dumping tool by jailbreak developer iH8sn0w, which you can use to grab SHSH blobs of older firmwares, so you can downgrade to it at a later time even if Apple have stopped signing them. iFaith is not just an SHSH blob dumping tool though because you can also use it to put your device into Pwned DFU mode in order to fix iTunes 16xx (1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604) errors caused by restoring to a custom firmware.
Now we will be teaching you how to use iFaith to put your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into Pwned DFU state so you will not encounter the dreaded iTunes 16xx while restoring to a custom firmware. Note that this is a guide for Windows only because iFaith v1.1 is only available in the OS although iH8sn0w is currently working on the Mac version of the tool.
How to Use iFaith to Put Your iDevice into Pwned DFU Mode:
- First, you need to download iFaith v1.1. Extract the files into your desktop.
- Now you will need to connect your device to the PC. Now run iFaith-v1.1.exe from the file you have downloaded. Now click on Use DFU Pwner (iREB). You will be asked if you will iREB for Apple TV, just click whatever applies.
- You will be asked to put your iDevice into DFU Mode, just follow the instructions that we have provided for you below:
- Make sure that you iDevice is connected properly to the PC and no instance of iTunes is running in the background.
- Hold the Power + Home button for about 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but keep holding down the Home button. If done right, your iDevice should enter DFU Mode and iFaith will be able to detect it.
- Once iFaith detects that your device has entered DFU mode, it will begin patching the L1merain exploit into your device's iBoot by running its built-in iREB tool. Wait for about 10 seconds for the process to be completed.
- Once the patching process is done, a window prompt will show up to inform you that the patching process was successful and now your device is in DFU pwned state. You will also be informed that you can now launch iTunes and restore with a custom firmware (iTunes 10 and above is required).
- Open iTunes but do NOT disconnect your iDevice. iTunes should detect your device, and now you select it from the left side panel.
- In order to browse for the custom iOS firmware, you must hold SHIFT while clicking on the restore button.
- Now browse for your custom firmware of your choice (in the screenshot below, we are restoring to iOS 5 Beta IPSW). You shouldn't run into any iTunes error 16xx but if you do just unplug and plug your iDevice and repeat the whole process again.
Keep in mind that this guide is for Windows only unfortunately. But iH8sn0w is hard at work to bring iFaith to the Mac as well. Note that this process is quite similar to entering DFU Mode in iREB. So if you are going to be using iREB, then we suggest you refer to this guide.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback