Just a while ago, we have reported to you that the theming platform Dreamboard is now available for free. Dreamboard is an alternative to Winterboard which features even more advanced theming options that could radically change the user interface of your iOS device. And since it is now available for iDevice users for free, we will be providing an extensive tutorial on how to install Dreamboard and as well as how to install Dreamboard themes.
Warning: Make sure that you have created a backup of your iDevice before proceeding with the Dreamboard installation. Because of the way in which Dreamboard overwrites almost all the System files that are necessary for your themes to run, there is practically no way to revert the changes back if in case anything goes wrong. Your only way out is a complete Restore of your iDevice. Proceed with caution.
How to Install Dreamboard on iPhone, iPod Toucb & iPad Through Cydia
- Open Cydia.
- Tap on the Search tab at bottom right.
- Search for Dreamboard (the app should appear in auto-suggest) and tap to View the app.
- At the Dreamboard details page, Tap Install at the top right. Tap Confirm to begin installation.
- Dreamboard will now be downloaded and installed in your device.
- Restart Springboard. If done right you should be able to see the Dreamboard app icon on your homescreen.
How to Install Dreamboard Themes
Dreamboard comes with the Endroid theme by default but now many developers have created more themes for it. Some of them, especially the paid ones, can not only drastically change the way your device's UI looks but it can completely change how you interact with the device itself. There are two ways on how to install Dreamboard themes, one is via SSH and the other is via Cydia.
Installing Dreamboard Themes via SSH:
Step 1: If you haven't already, download iPhone Explorer so you can add files into your jailbroken device.
Step 2: Open iPhone Explorer and navigate to Root Directory and click on the Dreamboard folder which is the folder for the theme files.
Step 3: From here, you can simply drag and drop the theme files into the Dreamboard folder. Make sure that you are uploading the file theme. If the theme is zipped, then extract it first before uploading to the Dreamboard folder.
Step 4: Now launch the Dreamboard app in your iDevice and if you've done things correctly, you should be able to see the new theme that you've just added.
Installing Dreamboard Themes via Cydia
Step 1: Open Cydia.
Step 2: Simply Search for your preferred Dreamboard theme.
Step 3: Tap on the search result of your preferred theme and tap Install and then Confirm.
Step 4: The theme will then be downloaded and installed in your device, restart springboard.
Step 5: Launch Dreamboard and if you've done things correctly, your newly installed theme should be there.
- Top 10 Must Have Sources of 2011
- Top 10 Must Have Sources of 2012
- Top 10 Must Have Sources of 2013
- Top 3 Best Installous Alternatives
- Top 10 Winterboard Themes for iPhone & iPod Touch of 2012
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp?