iH8sn0w has silently updated his iBooty tool to version 2.3 by releasing Sn0wbreeze 2.8b3 for iOS 5 beta 2 jailbreak. There is no official changelog provided by iH8sn0w but after testing it out, i can definitely say it helps you to boot your iOS 5 iDevice into tethered mode, much faster than iBooty 2.2. For those who don't know, as the current iOS 5 beta 1 and iOS 5 beta 2 jailbreak is tethered, so you MUST boot your iDevice into tethered jailbroken state on every restart. If you are jailbroken on iOS 5 using Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 or Sn0wbreeze 2.8b3, you must use iBooty to boot your iDevice, otherwise Cydia, Safari and other jailbroken apps will crash.
Where to get iBooty? Whenever you create iOS 5 beta 1 or beta 2 custom IPSW using Sn0wbreeze tool, you will see iBooty-for-5.0b1 or iBooty-for-5.0b2 directory on your desktop. If for some reason you are unable to find iBooty directory on your desktop, you can download iBooty 2.3 for iPhone 4 (GSM) from here. As i don't own any other iDevice, so please be patient while i create iOS 5 beta 2 custom IPSW for all other iDevices and provide you with the download links for iBooty 2.3.
Steps to Boot iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad Using iBooty 2.3
- Once your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad has been successfully jailbroken on iOS 5 beta 2, use the instructions below to put your iDevice into DFU mode.
- Plug your iDevice to your PC or Mac via USB cable.
- Turn OFF your iDevice completely by pressing the Power button on the top.
- Press the Home+Power button at the same time for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.
- Now your iDevice should be in DFU mode.