Download iREB for iOS 5 to Fix iTunes Error 1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604

iREB is a tool for Windows that can put your device into pwned state so that you will able to install a custom firmware to it. If you try to restore to a custom iOS 5 beta firmware on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, then iTunes will return an error 16xx. This is due to the fact that your device can actually determine if your are using a stock IPSW or a custom one. If you are trying to a restore with a custom firmware, the device basically tells iTunes not to restore to that particular firmware. And this is what iREB is for.

Today we will be providing you with a tutorial on how to put your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into Pwned DFU Mode with the use of iREB RC4 for Windows so that you can restore to a custom iOS 5 beta IPSW without the iTunes 16xx (1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604) error. Note that this is a guide for Windows, for Mac users, you will have to use Redsn0w as alternative to iREB.

Steps on How to Put Your Device into Pwned DFU Mode Using iREB Tool for Windows:

1. First you will need to download iREB RC4 from here. The files will be zipped so be sure to extract them.
  2. Now connect your device to your computer and launch iREB-r4.exe from the file you've downloaded in Step 1.
  3. iREB for iOS 5.0 Select iDevice Download iREB for iOS 5 to Fix iTunes Error 1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604

4. Now you will need to put your device in DFU mode in order to proceed, just follow the on-screen instructions in iREB:
    • Make sure that your device is properly connected to your computer via USB cable and also do not run iTunes in the background. Now turn off your device by holding down the Power button.
    • iREB for iOS 5.0 Prepare for DFU Download iREB for iOS 5 to Fix iTunes Error 1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604

• Now hold down the Power + Home button together for about 10 seconds.
    • iREB for iOS 5.0 Home+Power Button Download iREB for iOS 5 to Fix iTunes Error 1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604

• After that, release the Power button while still pressing down the Home button. If done correctly, your device should enter DFU Mode and iREB should be able to detect that.
    • iREB for iOS 5.0 Release Power Button Download iREB for iOS 5 to Fix iTunes Error 1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604

5. As soon as iREB detects your device in DFU Mode, the L1merain exploit should now be patched into its iBoot. The patching process usually takes about 10 seconds or so.
  6. iREB for iOS 5.0 Exploiting with Limera1n Download iREB for iOS 5 to Fix iTunes Error 1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604

7. Once finished, you will get a confirmation window that informs you that your device is now in Pwned DFU state. Now all you need to do is to launch iTunes and restore from there (make sure you have iTunes 10 or above).
  8. iREB Pwned DFU Mode Download iREB for iOS 5 to Fix iTunes Error 1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604

9. Launch iTunes WITHOUT disconnecting your device from your PC. Once iTunes is opened, select your device at the left side panel:
  10.  Download iREB for iOS 5 to Fix iTunes Error 1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604

11. So you can select the iOS 5 beta IPSW, you will need to press SHIFT while clicking on the Restore button.
  12.  Download iREB for iOS 5 to Fix iTunes Error 1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604

13. Browse for the iOS 5 beta iPSW and just click OK to initiate the restoration process. Hopefully you don't run into an iTunes error 16xx while restoring. If you do, just unplug and plug the device and try again.
  14. Browse for iOS 5 IPSW Download iREB for iOS 5 to Fix iTunes Error 1600, 1601, 1603 & 1604

Recommended:

valentin2 years ago

hi,  were can i wodnload Ireb the software please help me.

momi2 years, 1 month ago

hey. i am trying to upgrade my iphone4 4.2.1 to 5.1.1, but phone stuck in recovery mode n dead since morning.. nothing working in favour.. :( dun want to upgrade to ios 6 by itunes in case of restoration by itunes.. custom restoration giving errors..:(help please ….!

Cheyiokoaye2 years, 7 months ago

got the 3194 error

Jatinsj2 years, 7 months ago

doesnt work

arif sheikh2 years, 7 months ago

error still exist…..this formula isnt workig dude….help me

ssap2 years, 8 months ago

Still getting the same error !!
    iphone 3gs new bootrom

Paul Hayek2 years, 9 months ago

hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow to dowload !!!!!!!!

Gopal Raj2 years, 9 months ago

hi, i am not able to restore ios 4.2.1 or 5.0. its giving me 1600 error i tried unplugging plunging nothing seems to work… can anyone help me pls

Pesmerga2 years, 9 months ago

On what iOS version are you right now? Make sure that you have properly placed your device on DFU mode so you can restore.

Caps_grams2 years, 8 months ago

IREB IS SOON BECOMING A FAILURE , MORE AND MORE IT FAILS AND NEVER WORKS , GREENP0ISONS DFU FOR 4.2.1 IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKS BUT YOUR SOL IF YOUR ON ANY OTHER FIRMWARE

Colin2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks so much! It worked for my iPod touch 2g for installing iOS 5 from whited00r. However, one problem was that the link to the download above said the file was taken down, so I downloaded it from here: http://downloads.ih8sn0w.com/iREB-r5.zip
    It worked great first try, this helped a lot since I had been getting the 1601 error without it. This is awesome, thanks again!

ninjatoke2 years, 10 months ago

phones stuck on apple boot logo, tried recboot and tinyunbrella and nothing, so tried restore and got error 1600 even after entering pwned dfu with redsnow and ireb still same error, can someone help pls

Booshy2 years, 10 months ago

stuck in those errors…5.0.1 anyone found a solution?? phone is dead

Angel2 years, 10 months ago

Im trying to get 5.0.1 without update the BB from 4.2.1 bb 02.04.
    10 and there is no way I skip these errors i tried all u said upthere but it seems to be that it dosent patch my phone to avoid the errors

Thales2 years, 10 months ago

I am in the same situation

Khurammirza2 years, 7 months ago

me too

suserv2 years, 10 months ago

Hi I? getting error 1601 so I’ve downloaded the iREB you posted here but is not running on my windows. when I try to run iREB r4 I get: The application fails to intialize properly. I’m running windows xp sp2 on 32 bits

Patrick2 years, 10 months ago

Try running the application as admin and see if that fixes the “The application failed to initialize properly” error!

Hope that helps!!

reema2 years, 11 months ago

hey, thanks for this guys ..
    but does IOS 5 works on iPod 2g ? by jailbreak for sure ..
    i saw this so i’m gonna try it ..

little help please :*

Patrick2 years, 11 months ago

Hello,

iOS 5 doesn’t have native support for the iPod 2g (iTunes won’t let you). That would only be possible with a cloned iOS 5 through a Whited00r firmware and even so, I imagine it would be quite slow so I don’t recommend it. So proceed with caution.

guy2 years, 11 months ago

hey i tried everything it stil dont work the error keeps coming up 1611 and im trying to restore to ios 5.0.1 my ipod is just stuck on the apple logo help

If your trying to restore to a stock version of iOS 5.0.1, make sure that your not running TU at the background & that your Hosts file is fixed & doesn’t point to the Cydia servers.

Noname2 years, 10 months ago

THANK YOU! THIS ACTUALLY WORKED!
        I had my hosts file all pointed to cydia that I kept getting the 1602 error so then I had reset it default. IT STARTED WORKING!
        GENIUS.

Thank you again.

NinjaPenguin2 years, 11 months ago

Hey Pal,
    i keep getting the 1600 Error.
    Tried pwned dfu and using my shsh blobs made by tinyumbrella.
    TSS Server is running but nothing gets it working.

Trying to downgrade from 5.0.1 to 5.0

You cannot downgrade to iOS 5.0 like you could with iOS 4.x restores using SHSH. iOS 5 restores are now different & don’t work the same anymore even if you have any cached SHSH blobs. Restoring to iOS 5.0.1 is your only choice.

Fernand3 years ago

does it fix 1611 error code?
    i have ios 5 and itunes 10.5, i don’t understand how to fix my ipod touch 3g, i can’t recovery it.
    HELP PLEASE!!!…

Pramod3 years ago

Yes, it should fix the 1611 error as well. If you are trying to update to iOS 5, you do not require iReb or a pwned DFU mode.

Megaxenon3 years ago

This is awesome!! FInally got the ios 5 working with Snowbreeze on 3GS!! Good work guys! Thank you for this great post!!!! :)

Karan3 years, 1 month ago

hey buddy, i’m getting error 1602. please help me out. you’ve mentioned about other 16xx but not 1602.
    im currently stuck using ios 5. dont know what the problem is.

please help me!!

You need to put your device into a pwned DFU mode first before you can restore your device from iTunes.

Bob2 years, 10 months ago

mine still doesnt work… it still says error 1600. Someone please help

ocko72 years, 10 months ago

Yeah, mine too. I’m trying to restore to stock 5.0.1 on 3GS but still getting error 1600. I tried DFU, pwned DFU, normal recovery mode.

peter2 years, 10 months ago

in fact IREB did nothing to solve my 16xx error. I got my 3GS in pwnd DFU mode and still stuck at the 16xx error. I tried the custom firmware cooked by snowbreeze and the one cooked by redsnow. It is a no go. the errors are either 1600, 1601, or 1602

Patrick2 years, 10 months ago

16xx errors suggest that you haven’t placed your device into Pwned DFU mode properly, try using the latest version of Redsn0w to place your device into PWned DFU.

Hope that helps!!