Download iFaith 1.1 for Windows to Grab Unsaved SHSH Blobs

If you've had any experience of jailbreaking an iOS device, then you are aware that you will be needing SHSH blobs in order to downgrade to an older firmware. Without SHSH blobs you will not be able restore to an old firmware that Apple has already stopped signing. And when Apple stops signing a firmware, you won't be able to save its SHSH blobs. Fortunately, jailbreak developer iH8sn0w has released an SHSH dumping tool called iFaith, which lets you save SHSH blobs of an old firmware that your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch currently has, even if Apple stopped signing it.

iFaith Logo
Just a few days ago, iH8sn0w released an update for iFaith which is version 1.1. iFaith 1.1 release notes includes:

• Code improvement.
  • iFaith now SHA1?s the SHSH blob.
  • Now alerts user when iFaith was unable to hook iTunes instead of crashing.
  • Minor Bug fixes with device/iOS detection.

Now we will be providing you a tutorial on how to grab an SHSH blob using iFaith 1.1. Note that this tutorial is for Windows only.

Steps on How to Save SHSH Blobs Using iFaith 1.1:

1. First you will have to download iFaith 1.1. Connect your iDevice to your computer.
  2. The downloaded file will be zipped so go ahead and extract that and double-click on the iFaith 1.1 executable file. A disclaimer will then appear. Click OK to proceed.
  3. iFaith v1.1 By iH8sn0w

4. Click on the Dump SHSH Blobs button.
  5. iFaith v1.1 Dump SHSH Blobs

6. You will then see various information about grabbing SHSH blobs, so read it and click Proceed when ready. You will then see the Credits screen, then just click on Let's Go. You will be prompted if you are going to be dumping on Apple TV 2 or not. Just click what's applicable.
  7. iFaith v1.1 Click Proceed

8. You now have to put your device into DFU Mode. Just follow the on-screen instructions on how to enter DFU Mode.
  9. iFaith v1.1 DFU Mode

• Hold Power + Home buttons for 10 seconds.
    • Release the Power button while still holding the Home button for 10 more seconds.
    • If done correctly, your device should now be in DFU.

iFaith v1.1 DFU Mode 2

10. Once your device enters DFU Mode, iFaith will now initiate the SHSH blob dumping process. It should take a few minutes so sit back and relax.
  11. iFaith v1.1 Dumping Process
    iFaith v1.1 Dumping Process 2

12. Once the dumping process is complete, you will be asked where to save the captured SHSH blobs, so choose a location and click Save.
  13. iFaith v1.1 Save SHSH Locally

14. You will then receive a confirmation from iFaith that the SHSH blobs are now successfully saved on your local hard drive.
  15. iFaith-v1.1 Dumping Complete

And that's it, you are done. You now have the SHSH blobs for your current firmware which you can use in case you will want to downgrade to it later even if Apple stops signing it. Keep in mind that iFaith is currently available for Windows only, but iH8sn0w is currently hard at work to release the Mac version soon.

Be Sure to Check Out:

Volturi_parasite4 years, 7 months ago

Hi there, i tried to use the latest ifaith to save my shsh blob due to warranty issues, i entered my device into DFU mode and when ifaith tried to download the essentials it suddenly freezes and says it is not responding, is there a way to solve this problem? advance thanks for any reply.

Kate4 years, 10 months ago

I am getting a message that iFaith detected an unknown iOS and aborted. What does that mean? My phone seems fine but I’m no closer to actually unlocking it, which is the goal (I succeeded in jailbreaking it but Cydia didn’t install right, I need to re-install Cydia but don’t have any saved SHSH blobs at the moment that I can restore to.) Help!

Pesmerga4 years, 10 months ago

Be sure that you are using the latest build of iFaith. http://bit.ly/y8pB07

To reinstall Cydia, just run Redsn0w and be sure that you check the Install Cydia option, you don’t really need an SHSH blobs for that.

iRome4 years, 10 months ago

hello, i have able to use the ifaith, how can I restore to original without jailbreak? thanks…

estela1601874 years, 11 months ago

My Iphon 4 is not turning all at all, it was fine one sec the next off and i dont know what else to do, i try to restore it but i get 1601 rror code

Jacklord4 years, 11 months ago

@estela160187 Hi,

Can you provide more details? What did you do prior to the error? Did you try to jailbreak it? Try this for the 1601 error: http://bit.ly/s8FEbg

Shawn King5 years ago

So I had updated to 4.3.5 on my Iphone 4 GSM without saving my shsh blobs for 4.3.3 and now im stuck in the DFU recovery loop. How can I use ifaith to save the shsh for 4.3.3. I just want the untethered jailbreak for it and apparently it also shows No wifi for the tethered jailbreak. I am on 4.3.3 DFU loop.

Pramod5 years ago

You can’t. A fresh restore of 4.3.5 wipes your device clean & therefore renders to useless to cache any existing SHSH from it. All you can do right now is to restore to an iOS for which you have an SHSH or restore to iOS 5.0.1 instead.

afaq5 years ago

hey i have a very big problem, i’d really appreciate some help..
    okay, so basically i was messing around on my iphone 4 version 4.3.3. i dont know its bb, though i use the gevey sim for network, anyway i tried getting siri into my iphone and after a few attempts i had to respring, THIS is where it got stuck at the apple logo and now i cant restore back to 4.3.3 (error 3194) i think its not signed anymore. so now i cant update because neither will i have a working untethered jailbreak, unlock and i cant use the gevey sim either then. so i need help on how to get my phone back :( i tried changing/deleting the host file and i keep getting the same error. PLEASE HELP, I WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATIVE! (i’m not that experienced) so detailed help needed. THANKS!

Pramod5 years ago

Did you try iFaith to see if its able to grab any SHSH blobs off your device? Try that first. W/o having a valid SHSH already saved via Cydia / TU, you cannot restore to that version of the iOS anymore. All you can do right now is to restore to a custom iOS 5.0.1 IPSW & keep your Gevey unlock intact. You will need to sacrifice your JB though because its still tethered.

Kate5 years ago

what do you do if you have a Mac? (it says the tutorial is for Windows only, and it looks like there is no Mac version of iFaith). Help!

Pramod5 years ago

Use Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 instead to save your SHSH onto Cydia. Else, find a friend with a PC.

Alok5 years ago

i have now successfully restored my phone to 4.1 using ifaith
    (saved shsh blobs in boot loop and created custom ipsw from the same)
    Thanks for the wonderful guide and help.

alok5 years ago

thanks pramod for your replies.
    Sorry to bother u again.. since i want to be doubly sure..
    i have no success making .ifaith file. No extension always.
    I could try it from another pc
    I tried to open it with xp notepad and it shows xml file containing ECID no, phone model and 13 nos of blob line items with long string of no. chars. (blogs like logo, chg0, chg1, bat0, glyc, glyp etc) etc
    If its the same then should i go ahead ? because ifaith easily created custom ipsw file without any problem
    Could phone be bricked because of this or i can again repeat (save blobs, restore)

Pramod5 years ago

Why won’t you just leave it alone & sit without renaming your SHSH? It doesn’t need an extension for iFaith to recognize the SHSH either. Keep the SHSH aside & simply restore your device in a pwned DFU mode. You can still repeat the process i.e by using the same SHSH you just saved.

alok5 years ago

Thanks Pramod,
    I tried 2nd time also. but it wouldnt just show .ifaith extension.
    It wouldnt show the whole save “SHSH cache(*.ifaith)” as shown in above 2nd last screenshot.It would just show as save “SHSH cache”.
    I am using ifaith v1.0. Also while creating custom IPSW it asked me for .ifaith file which it couldnt find the folder. Only after i rename it, it was read.
    Also it immediately started downloading IPSW, which is it currently downloading.
    Should i continue it ?
    Also do i need to upgrade my itunes software also before restoring ?
    thanks again…

Pramod5 years ago

Update iFaith to the latest 1.3.2 version first & then resave them. Download it from ih8Sn0w’s website. Let the IPSW get downloaded first & then redo. Please don’t rename your SHSH as it can cause unwanted issues.

alok5 years ago

thanks pramod for quick reply.

but in my windows i have already enabled show file extension.
    still it didnt show any file extension.
    however, i did rename the file and start downloading ipsw which it accepted.

also if i try to connect ifaith servers for blobs while connecting my phone / entering ecid no. it shows nothing.

could you please clarify. also comment on file size ?
    thanks

Pramod5 years ago

Just resave those blobs from your device once again via iFaith, but this time just leave those blobs with their own names.

alok5 years ago

Hi Pramod,
    I try to save blobs using your method.
    my phone is stuck in boot loop
    but files are not saved in .ifaith format.
    but there is no extension at all
    This is the file name – “iPhone_4-4.1_(8B117)-blobs”
    Also the file size is just 6 kb
    Is it okay ??
    I try renaming it with .ifaith. Now i am downloading 4.1 firmware to create signed ipsw
    am i doing right ??
    Thanks for yourhelp

Pramod5 years ago

Wrong, you shouldn’t rename your saved SHSH blobs. You just don’t see the extension because you haven’t enabled that option under your File Options of Windows. Remove the extra addition / redownload the same iFaith blob.

Allen Pham5 years ago

Iphone4, iSO 4.3, BB 4.10.1, jailbroken by Jailbreakme 3.0. Did not have SHSH blobs saved and was frozen with Apple logo after 1 day of jailbroken. Had tried Blackra1n, ViewUSB,and TinyUmbrella but all failed. Thanks to your iFaith has saved my iBrick and best of all preventing my iPhone to update to iTunes iOS 5.0 which will not allow me to unlock my iPhone for use in Asia this December.

What do I need to do to prevent it happens again on my next jailbreak? Is untethered Jailbreakme reliable or should I use tethered method instead? Please let me know the Pros v.s. Cons of them.

Many Thanks for helping,
    Allen Pham

Pramod5 years ago

Just restore it back the same way you brought your device back to life. Choosing what kind of JB you want on your device is your call to make but so far, I have never had any issues with my JBMe jailbreaks.

Nibbley155 years, 1 month ago

Thanks for this app!!!!!
    I was on the endless boot cycle. I didn’t have any signed IPSW’s, all I could get off the server was the unsigned for the IOS 4.3.1 which was the stock version, however I kept getting error code after error code (1602, 1604, 1394) with restore, and since they upgraded the servers to IOS 5, I couldn’t get a signed version. Luckily I had a blob from Tiny umbrella, and your program to merge into a signed version. This was the only thing that worked!
    I tried tinyumbrella, redsn0w, iREB, Irecovery, fixrecovery, hosts files, iexplorer, nothing else worked (for WIN CPU), thanks again!

Khan5 years, 1 month ago

i saved ios 4.3.3 shsh blobs using ifaith. The firmware version ifaith asks for signing is the original one from apple not the one that is custom cooked using snowbreeze. if i create signed ipsw using ifaith and restore to it then will my baseband be downgraded and also my device would become unjailbroken ??? i rely on an ultrasnow unlock so baseband downgrade will be a disaster …

NO. There is no way you can downgrade your BB once its updated. If you restore via iFaith’s custom IPSW, all it does is it preserves your current BB version & installs the stock unjailbroken 4.3.3 iOS on your device. You will need to then jailbreak / unlock it later via Redsn0w.

ptk5 years, 2 months ago

i had installed firmware 4.3.5.
    did ifaith support ios 4.3.5?
    and i can’t make 4.3.3 shsh bolb

No. iFaith doesn’t support iOS 4.3.5 just yet. If your still running iOS 4.3.3 on your device, you can save your SHSH by using Redsn0w0.9.9b3’s Save SHSH option & if not, you have already lost it.

Daidouji5 years, 2 months ago

Hello Jaxov. I hope you can help me out S:

So I purchased an iPhone 4 (white one) it came with 4.3.3 8J2 BB 10.04.xx
    So I read about getting my HSHS Blobs with iFaith. I proceeded to do so, got them saved on my computer.
    I download the restore IPSW from your ModMYI Downloads section (iPhone 4 4.3.3 (GSM) ) one.
    I when proceeded on creating an custom “signed” IPSW firmware to upgrade. So I went, into iFaith, select the BLOBS, then the IPSW, and create the IPSW…. it creates it without any issues.

So now I have both things. My SHSH Blobs and Custom “signed” IPSW.
    So I proceed on using iREB to enter the iphone on PWNED DFU Mode. I open iTunes, get the iPhone detected stating I need to restore. Click SHIFT + CLICK to select the “custom *signed* firmware” and start…. Everything goes well…. I get NO ERRORS AT ALL…. but after the process finishes. You get that “your iphone has been restored to factory default settings… bla bla bla” after that thing dismisses the iPhone is still on PWNED DFU Mode and iTunes asks for a restore!!

I don’t know what to do guys!! please help me out, I did something wrong? Is there a way I can submit my HSHS to Cydia to use a custom firmware with TU or something? I hope you guys can help me out I don’t want to have a useless piece of hardware on my desktop now u.u

Thanks a lot for your help and your time.

You really do not want TU running at the background while you restore your device. So quit it. Also, make sure that you have removed any references to Cydia’s server from your hosts file as well & redo the restore again. Make sure that your device is once again put into a pwned DFU mode. Also, you can’t submit your current 4.3.3 SHSH because its already been wiped by the restore just now.

ahmedco5 years, 2 months ago

I’m stuck at “Waiting for iPhone 4 ” !!!!

Which iOS version is your iP4 currently running?

Beshoy5 years, 2 months ago

I used the program sn0wbreeze and made my custom restore ipsw file then I used ifaith and saved my shsh blobs file but i still don’t know how to use this shsh blobs when i restore my iphone using itunes i recive 3194 error

Restore your device with the iFaith created custom IPSW by putting it first in a pwned DFU mode. That’s it !!

Scott5 years, 2 months ago

I tried both redsn0w_win_0.9.8b3 and iReb pwned DFU mode on a different Windows 7 PC and still received the 1601 error in iTunes.

Try a different PC then. Also you might want to read what Apple has to say about the 1601 error. Read this http://bit.ly/n1oPj0.

Scott5 years, 2 months ago

Using iFaith I was able to build signed IPSW with blobs saved in TU. When I try to restore 4.3.3 iTunes returns 1601 error and I am stuck in DFU loop. What should I try next?

You need to put your device first in a pwned DFU mode & then follow it up with the restore. Use Redsn0w to do that instead of iReb. Read this http://bit.ly/pioV9v. Alternatively, try the restore on a different PC.

Zamu5 years, 3 months ago

Hello!!!I have an 3gs and i’ve tried ifaith to grab unsaved shsh blobs but it’s stuck on detecting ios!!!any advice ?

Do you have a perfectly working iOS running on your iDevice to begin with? Only then will you be able to save its relevant SHSH blob. Using iFaith when your device is in a recovery/DFU loop due to an update/restore failure does no good.

KevinW5 years, 3 months ago

When would I ever need to use the option of “Build *signed* IPSW w/Blobs”?

And why/where is my saved SHSH blob also backed up on a remote server?

Only if you have saved any SHSH blob using either TU or iFaith, you can use them to create a signed IPSW & restore to it via iTunes.

joseph5 years, 4 months ago

Does this mean an iphone 4 user with 4.2.1 FW can dump his SHSH and another iphone 4 user use it? this mean that the signing from apple is not needed hence SHSH sharing from iphone A to iphone B? i was really searcing for a method to restore my iphone 4 4.3.3 to 4.2.1 which they say is the most favored FW version for 3G and 4..can anyone enlighten me on this?sorry if there are terms i dont understand.

No, as always, SHSH blobs are tied to a particular device’s ECID. So, a saved SHSH is always unique to that device alone & a restore will work only for that device. You cannot share it across different iPhones.

Jimmy5 years, 5 months ago

So sad that this doesn’t support iPad 2… TinyUmbrella is still better up to this point

Its simply because there is no bootrom exploit has been found yet on the iPad2. :(