If you've had any experience of jailbreaking an iOS device, then you are aware that you will be needing SHSH blobs in order to downgrade to an older firmware. Without SHSH blobs you will not be able restore to an old firmware that Apple has already stopped signing. And when Apple stops signing a firmware, you won't be able to save its SHSH blobs. Fortunately, jailbreak developer iH8sn0w has released an SHSH dumping tool called iFaith, which lets you save SHSH blobs of an old firmware that your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch currently has, even if Apple stopped signing it.
Just a few days ago, iH8sn0w released an update for iFaith which is version 1.1. iFaith 1.1 release notes includes:
- Code improvement.
- iFaith now SHA1?s the SHSH blob.
- Now alerts user when iFaith was unable to hook iTunes instead of crashing.
- Minor Bug fixes with device/iOS detection.
Now we will be providing you a tutorial on how to grab an SHSH blob using iFaith 1.1. Note that this tutorial is for Windows only.
Steps on How to Save SHSH Blobs Using iFaith 1.1:
- First you will have to download iFaith 1.1. Connect your iDevice to your computer.
- The downloaded file will be zipped so go ahead and extract that and double-click on the iFaith 1.1 executable file. A disclaimer will then appear. Click OK to proceed.
- Click on the Dump SHSH Blobs button.
- You will then see various information about grabbing SHSH blobs, so read it and click Proceed when ready. You will then see the Credits screen, then just click on Let's Go. You will be prompted if you are going to be dumping on Apple TV 2 or not. Just click what's applicable.
- You now have to put your device into DFU Mode. Just follow the on-screen instructions on how to enter DFU Mode.
- Hold Power + Home buttons for 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button while still holding the Home button for 10 more seconds.
- If done correctly, your device should now be in DFU.
- Once your device enters DFU Mode, iFaith will now initiate the SHSH blob dumping process. It should take a few minutes so sit back and relax.
- Once the dumping process is complete, you will be asked where to save the captured SHSH blobs, so choose a location and click Save.
- You will then receive a confirmation from iFaith that the SHSH blobs are now successfully saved on your local hard drive.
And that's it, you are done. You now have the SHSH blobs for your current firmware which you can use in case you will want to downgrade to it later even if Apple stops signing it. Keep in mind that iFaith is currently available for Windows only, but iH8sn0w is currently hard at work to release the Mac version soon.
Be Sure to Check Out: