Applenberry, the manufacturer that is responsible for Gevey SIM, a SIM that allows you to unlock any iPhone 4, has now released another product named Gevey Ultra. Gevey Ultra is a custom SIM card that is supposed to be the ultimate unlock solution for the iPhone 4. You will be able to unlock your device regardless of the firmware (it even supports iOS 5), running on basebands: 2.10.04, 3.10.01, 4.10.01 and 1.59.00.
Although unlike previous Gevey offerings, your iPhone needs to be jailbroken so you can unlock it using Gevey Ultra. The good news is, Gevey Ultra appears to be an untethered unlock. With previous Gevey SIMs, you will have to repeat the process of unlocking whenever your iPhone runs out of battery or rebooted. With Gevey Ultra, once you have unlocked your iPhone 4, it will stay in its unlocked state even if the device is drained of its battery or it reboots.
This version of the Gevey SIM has made the process of unlocking even more streamlined. All you need to do is to set it up after inserting the SIM and unlike previous Gevey SIM cards, you do not have to dial 112 in order to activate the hack. The whole process takes about 5-10 minutes. Here's a video that demonstrates this unlock solution in action:
What You Will Need:
- An iPhone 4 that's jailbroken to iOS 4 (any released version works) and even iOS 5 beta 1.
- The New Gevey Ultra SIM
How To Setup:
- First you must remove your SIM card. You will need to cut your SIM so that it will fit into the tray that comes with Gevey Ultra.
- Go to Cydia and add this repo: http://cydia.furiousMod.com. Then locate FuriousMod and proceed to install. You will see a "no SIM card installed" error but that's normal. Turn off your iPhone.
- Now put the Gevey SIM on the tray with your own SIM card on top. Make sure that both cards are on top and firmly in place before you insert it back into your iPhone.
- Turn your iPhone back on and wait until you can see that a signal is detected. You will see errors while phone boots up but just ignore it. Don't interact with your device until it picks up the signal.
- To enable 3G, navigate to Settings > General > Network and configure "Data Roaming".
And that's it! You are done.
The new Gevey Ultra SIM is now available over at ApplenBerry's website for only $39.99. It's a great price when other unlock services can cost you up to $180. And of course you also have the option of buying an official factory unlocked iPhone 4 from Apple for $649.
Keep in mind that before you attempt to unlock your iPhone using this method, you will require at least some basic knowledge when it comes to modifying an iPhone or else you could damage your device permanently.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback