After you have jailbroken your iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G and 1st-Gen iPad to iOS 5, you can now install Installous to your device so you can run cracked apps on your device. Yes, there is no known update to Installous for iOS 5 yet, but I'm pleased to tell you that Installous works great on my jailbroken iDevice on iOS 5.0b1. Just follow the steps provided below:
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Hackulous is now officially gone, so you won't be able to download Installous and AppSync from the repository anymore. As an alternative to Installous, you can download these Installous alternatives.
Steps to Install Installous 4.4.2 on iOS 5.0b1 Through Hackulous Repo:
- First of course you will need to jailbreak your device on iOS 5 Beta 1. If you haven't yet, just follow this guide to jailbreak your device using Redsn0w. Once you're done, open Cydia from your jailbroken device.
- Tap the Manage tab below, and on the next screen tap Sources. Now if you have already added the Hackulo.us repo, skip to step 4, if not proceed to the next step.
- Tap Edit on the top right corner and then tap Add on the top left corner of Cydia. You will be asked for the Cydia/APT URL on which you enter http://cydia.hackulo.us, then tap the Add Source button.
- Now Cydia will update its repo list. Once that is done, search Installous by tapping the Search tab below and entering "Installous" in the search field without the quotes.
- Once the search results are in, select Installous and tap Install on the top right of the screen.
- Now if you do not have access to Wi-Fi, you can still install Installous offline. What you need to do is download Installous 4.4.2 DEB file from here, AppSync for 4.0+ (1.1-5) DEB from here and along with other essential DEBs here. If you have iPhone Explorer, just navigate to the following location and place the DEB files in the Auto Install directory.
- After placing the files, you must reboot your device. To install cracked apps without Wi-Fi access, download the cracked IPAs through AppTracker and place them at the following directory:
Now through your iDevice, open Installous and tap the Downloads tab, tap the app that you've just downloaded and select Install.
Check Out These Top Posts:
- Best Cydia Sources of 2011
- Best Cydia Sources of 2012
- Best Cydia Sources of 2013
- How to Install Installous on iOS 5.1.1 to Get Cracked iPhone Apps