If you are not an Apple iOS developer, we strongly recommend you to register yourself for Apple's year-long iOS development program to gain exclusive download access to all the iOS builds and betas for $99/year. We do not recommend downloading iOS 5b1 IPSW from any other sources. This information is shared with you only for instructional/educational purposes only.
Thanks to Mert Erdir, a Turkish developer who was able circumvent the activation procedure without the need to pay $99/yr to Apple by exploiting a security weakness in the new activation screen of the iOS 5. Apparently, Mert Erdir had no other option to get his copy of iOS 5 activated due to lack of funds :D
For those of you who don't know, Apple has implemented a new method of activation in the iOS 5 and only if the activation goes through successfully, you'll be able to use iOS 5 on your iDevice to make calls and send/receive messages. This activation procedure is mandatory.
Note: You will not be able to make calls after performing this hack. This will only help you to show what the iOS 5 is. To get the call functionality as well, you need to do follow the legitimate UDID activation procedure by Apple. This works only with the iPhones as the iPod Touch's & iPad's don't have a calling functionality. You'll need connection to a WIFI network as well.
Steps To Follow:
- Triple click the Home button. This will activate the Voice Over.
- Triple click the Home button again and Emergency Call will appear.
- Click on Emergency Call and, while it’s switching, swipe with your three fingers down.
- The Notification Center will appear.
- Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
- Click on the Home button to exit to the iPhone’s springboard.
- Your iPhone should now be activated on the iOS 5 firmware
Consider that Apple already knows about this and is likely to be closed by Apple in its next beta update for the iOS 5. Please do not ask for any download links here. Jaxov doesn't support software piracy of any kind.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback