Yep! Now you can create signed IPSW for your iDevice using iH8sn0w's iFaith tool (aka SHSH Dumper). This signed IPSW will NOT jailbreak your iDevice but will only restore your iDevice to stock firmware without need of pointing iTunes to Cydia server using TinyUmbrella or HOSTS file. In this way, you can restore stock firmware on your iDevice and then can jailbreak it using tools like Redsn0w, GreenPois0n, Limera1n, JailbreakMe or Spirit.

iFaith v1.0 By iH8sn0w How to Create Signed IPSW Using iFaith to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server?
According to iH8sn0w, he will be integrate this feature in his Sn0wbreeze tool which will then allow you to create custom signed IPSW for your iDevice. Restoring this custom signed IPSW will not only restore directly (w/o TinyUmbrella) but will also jailbreak your iDevice on that firmware.

Steps to Create Signed IPSW for Your iDevice Using iFaith Tool:

In this tutorial, i will be creating signed IPSW of iOS 4.2.1 for my iPhone 4. You can use the same steps to create iOS 3.x.x and iOS 4.x.x signed IPSW for your iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G, 1st-Gen iPad and Apple TV 2G.

1. Download iFaith tool for Windows from here (Mac version to drop soon)
  2. Launch iFaith tool. If you still haven't saved .iFaith file, first select Show Available SHSH Caches on Server option to save the SHSH blob file locally on your hard-disk drive.
  3. NOTE: Selecting Show Available SHSH Caches on Server option will only allow you to save all those SHSH cache files which are hosted on Saurik server. If you EVER restored a stock or custom IPSW of any firmware on your iDevice and forgot to save SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella, you can still save using iFaith Dump SHSH Blobs option.

iFaith v1.0 Save SHSH Blobs How to Create Signed IPSW Using iFaith to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server?
    The iFaith file will be saved in the following format:

Format: ECID_iOS Version (Build Number)_cache.ifaith
    Example: 00000099BE1C4377_4.2.1 (8C148)_cache.ifaith

4. Click on the Main Menu button and select Build *signed* IPSW w/ Blobs option. Click on Browse for SHSH Blobs cache and select the .iFaith file you downloaded in previous step.
  5. iFaith v1.0 Browse for SHSH Blobs How to Create Signed IPSW Using iFaith to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server?
    Slect .iFaith File How to Create Signed IPSW Using iFaith to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server?

6. As i will be creating iOS 4.2.1 signed IPSW, so i must point iFaith to iOS 4.2.1 stock IPSW. If you are creating signed IPSW of any other firmware, please choose the stock IPSW file respective to the SHSH blobs you saved in step 2.
  7. iFaith v1.0 Browse for Stock IPSW How to Create Signed IPSW Using iFaith to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server?
    iFaith v1.0 Select iOS 4.2.1 Stock IPSW How to Create Signed IPSW Using iFaith to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server?

8. Now wait while iFaith verify and cook signed IPSW for your iDevice. Whole process takes 5-10 mins max.
  9. iFaith v1.0 Creating Signed IPSW How to Create Signed IPSW Using iFaith to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server?
    iFaith v1.0 Done Building IPSW How to Create Signed IPSW Using iFaith to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server?

10. Once done, use the following instructions to put your iDevice in DFU mode:
    • Connect your iDevice to your PC via USB cable.
    • Turn OFF your iDevice completely by pressing the Power button.
    • Hold down the Home+Power button for exactly 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until Sn0wbreeze detects your iDevice in DFU mode.

iFaith v1.0 DFU Mode Pwner How to Create Signed IPSW Using iFaith to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server?

11. As soon as iFaith will detect your iDevice in DFU mode, it will put it in Pwned DFU Mode by patching the iBoot of your iDevice with Limera1n exploit. This will bypass all 16xx iTunes errors (1600, 1601, 1602, 1603 & 1604) during the restore of custom IPSW through iTunes.
  12. iFaith v1.0 Running iREB How to Create Signed IPSW Using iFaith to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server?
    iFaith v1.0 Pwned DFU Mode How to Create Signed IPSW Using iFaith to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server?

13. Once you see the confirmation message above, launch iTunes select your iDevice name from the side-panel. Now you will see two buttons i-e Check for Update and Restore. Hold down the SHIFT key on keyboard and click on Restore button. Choose the signed IPSW from your desktop and leave the rest on iTunes.

Related Posts:

alex11 months, 1 week ago

error 3: we have failed trying to connect iFaith’s SHSH cache server..

John1 year, 3 months ago

Any about download blobed ipsw like 5.0 AppleTv3?

sanjay1 year, 6 months ago

hi friends i have iphone 4s and i got it updated to 6.1.3 throgh wifi from iphone 4s after update i found that there is no cydia installed on my phone and i forget to save shsh blobs and now i m downgrading my phone or jailbreking my phone through sonwbreze and redsnow but they are not accepting firmware 6.1.2 or 6.1.3 so now how can i get my phone on previous firmware which is 6.1.2 so plz help me on this i m so angry on thats kind of msgs from redsonw and sonwbreze coz they are not accepting those firmwares plz help me plz help me plz help me plz help me plz help me plz help me plz help me plz help me plz help me plz help me plz help me plz help me plz help me

Patrick Gumban1 year, 6 months ago

Hi, I’m sorry but there is currently no downgrade option for the iPhone 4S, and other newer devices. iOS 6.1.3 can only be jailbroken in A4 devices like the iPhone 4, iPhone 3gs and iPod touch 4G, and it is a tethered jailbreak. :\

dave1 year, 6 months ago

this is the only tutorial on the web (3 day searching) that really helps! thanks.

Brent Abel1 year, 7 months ago

my iphone 4 was updated to 6.1.3. i used tinyumbrella and it says i have 0 shsh blobs to save. will this work for my phone if i don’t have any shsh blobs?? thankyou

ThierryC2 years ago

This does not work with IOS 6, it says, IOS not recognized what a shame…

ndtyre1 year, 12 months ago

Any luck  downgrading from IOS 6?  I’m really needing to downgrade.

francescajoyce2 years, 5 months ago

im so lost my iphone 4 which was jailbroken suddenly died on me. i tried everything which i think made things worst i tried tinyumbrella but apart from the fact its not showing my iphone on the left hand side it has detected 0 shsh file :( i have never saved any of these. someone help

Umar660072 years, 6 months ago

its really workedd…. :) Ohhh Bro Thanks Alot…. God Bless You…
    you are the awesommeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Filurina2 years, 6 months ago

I recently upgraded my iPhone 3Gs to 5.1 as there was a notification on iTunes that I should download and update it. I did and then once it tried to activate, it showed on iTunes that

“The SIM
    card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supportedOnly
    compaticle SIM Cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please
    insert the SIM card that came with your iphone or visit a supported carrier’s
    store to receive a replacement SIM card.”

Then I found a discussion on apple.com about this problem. There are a lot of people facing the same problem and Apple is aware of this! My friend suggested I should try to downgrade to previous version. I tried to downgrade to 5.0.1 first but it still showed the same msg. I hopelessly tried to downgrade back to 4.2.1 now and the problem is still occurring. I don’t know what to do as I bought a phone outside Europe where I currently reside and Apple don’t take it for fixing cos of that.

Any advice?

Pesmerga2 years, 6 months ago

Are you relying on an unlock? Perhaps Ultrasn0w or Gevey SIM?

Updating your iOS via iTunes will also update your baseband, which will cause you to lose your unlock (Apple makes sure of that). Sadly, downgrading your iOS firmware won’t downgrade your baseband.

Mark2 years, 8 months ago

Hi – I successfully downgraded my 3GS from 5.0.1 to 4.2.1 as described – thanks!
    However I was hoping to restore to the 4.3.5 I backed up before downgrading.  When I try to do this, I get error 1394 from iTunes.  Do I need to create a signed ipsw for 4.3.5 somehow?  I tried to browse to it from iFaith, but it seems to require the 4.2.1 build.

Pesmerga2 years, 8 months ago

Are you sure the error is not 3194?

Paramesh1082 years, 6 months ago

same problem for me

NoMoreJailbreak2 years, 10 months ago

This worked!! Thank you so much. I used tinyumbrella to back up my shsh and then do the fix recovery option. I then used ifaith to select the tinyumbrella shsh file. I had 4.2.1 installed but it found a 4.1 shsh. I let ifaith download 4.1, patch it, then used the itunes shift + recover and voila the 3194 error was no more!!! I originally used redsn0w RC16 tethered on my iphone and realized that tethered really sucks. When my phone powered off I had to use my computer to reboot it. Thanks to the developers of both utilities to fix this issue I’ve had for months! No more jailbreaking for me.

Dennis2 years, 11 months ago

Hi Pramod … thanks for the tips … this means that the SHSH blobs that I have were corrupt … I will try to remove all SHSH Blobs that I have and will save again if it will work … will inform you of any development … thanks

Dennis2 years, 11 months ago

Am 100% sure Hosts file is not pointed on Cydia Server & TU is not running. Have managed to restore on iOS 4.3.1 without any error at all but still it goes direct to never ending DFU loop.

I tried to JB it using Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 and for at least 1 hour it did not goes to DFU loop but after more an hour … there you are iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.1 using the iFaith goes to DFU mode. Have no choice but to go back to iOS 5.0.1…

You might want to read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX if you want to understand this issue in a much better manner. Somehow, the iFaith / SHSH used to create those custom IPSWs aren’t the right ones / are corrupt.

Dennis2 years, 11 months ago

Nope … not pointing to Cydia Server nor TU is open (all of them are close) even iFaith 1.3.2 is also close while restoring … have done it on iOS 4.3.1 and 4.3.3 all success with no error at all and it goes directly to never ending DFU Mode. I will try once and for all tonight using either 4.3.3 or 4.3.1 as I wanted to get out from iOS 5.0.1 coz of security purposes.

Dennis2 years, 11 months ago

This does not work … I have successfully saved the SHSH Blobs for my iPhone4 using the iFaith 1.3.2 on my PC and it has been saved also at the server of iFaith … Have restored with NO ERROR at all … the question is … why it goes directly to the never ending DFU Mode after restore from iTunes … strange isn’t it?

Are you still running TU at the background while you restore your device with the custom IPSW? Or is your hosts file still pointing to Cydia instead of TU? Double check these first. You need not do either one of the above if your restoring to an iFaith custom IPSW.

Naveen2 years, 11 months ago

I have iphone 4 with ios 4.3.1 now ios 5.0.1 is already released i have downloded ios 5.0 already from apple server can i restore my ios 4.3.1 to ios 5.0 manually.

Nope, not to iOS 5.0 anymore even if you had any SHSH cached for it previously.

Ricky2 years, 11 months ago

First of all, great guide and thank you for taking the time to write this.

So just to make sure I understand this, basically as long as you create a signed firmware using your saved SHSH Blobs, then you can bypass downgrade/restoring using TinyUmbrella and can instead just restore straight away in iTunes right?

So say if I’m on iOS 5 right now, I can simply downgrade to my iOS 4.2.1 signed firmware by using SHIFT click + Restore in iTunes?

Sagar2 years, 11 months ago

So that means whenever i require a restore , i am only able to restore with IOS 4.2.1 or IOS 5.0 ??? theres no way to get IOS 4.3.3 ??

Sagar2 years, 11 months ago

And why its showing only 4.3.5 SHSH in Cydia and showing only 4.2.1 SHSH in ifaith server?

They both are on 2 different servers. You saved your 4.2.1 manually via iFaith & 4.3.5 was probably auto-saved by Cydia itself while it was still being signed by Apple.

Sagar2 years, 11 months ago

Hi pramod..
    my problem is that in Cydia i can see only 4.3.5 SHSH blobs.. but in ifaith it shows only 4.2.1 SHSH on server..
    i currently have ios 4.2.1 and i want to upgrade it to 4.3.3 , is it possible?
    Should i directly restore stock 4.3.3 ? is apple still signing it ? or there is some other procedure?

Nope, its absolutely not possible to restore to an iOS for which you do not have an SHSH saved.

Roberto2 years, 11 months ago

Ok. Thanks for your help.
    One last question: after restore, on Win, to 4.3.5 with a CFW cooked on Mac I will have a tethered JB. Will redsn0w “just boot tethered” work on Win? It preservs my BB?
    Thanks a lot.

Yes, as long as you use a CFW, your BB is always preserved.

Roberto2 years, 11 months ago

I’ve already updated to 5.0 GM, but I lost my network (3G). I wanna restore to 4.3.5 or 4.3.3. I have the SHSH 4.3.5 only. I use ultrasn0w and can`t update my BB (01.59.00). Any solution?
    A custom IPSW built in Pwnage (Mac) will work for me (windows user)?

Thanks.

You will be able to downgrade only to iOS 4.3.5 because w/o an SHSH saved, you cannot downgrade to that particular iOS for example 4.3.3 in your case.
      Yes, a custom IPSW cooked on a Mac will work for restores on Win as well.

Roberto2 years, 11 months ago

I have an iPhone4 on 4.2.1, BB 01.59.00 (I used sn0wbreeze 2.2.1).

Two questions:
    1) I wanna upgrade to FW 4.3.5. I have SHSH 4.3.5 on TU and Cydia. How to build a CFW in order to preserv my BB? Is there any sn0wbreeze to FW 4.3.5 (i didn`t find)?
    Using the files “iPhone3,1_4.3.5_8L1_Custom_Pwnage.Tool_Restore_Activated.part1″ and “…part2″ will preserv my BB? It’s only a CFW to restore or will also JB my iphone? If only restore, after done in iTunes, JB with redsn0w 0.9.8b4 will preserv my BB? If restore and JB, “just boot tethered” on redsn0w 0.9.8b4 will preserv my BB?

2) Use iFaith to make a signed IPSW of FW 4.3.3 allows me to restore and JB to 4.3.3 preserving my BB? I don’t have SHSH 4.3.3 (TU neither Cydia).
    Can I use the signed IPSW 4.3.3 to build a CFW with sn0wbreeze 2.7.3? If yes, after done, I will need the SHSH 4.3.3 (TU) to restore in iTunes?

Thanks a lot for your help?

Sn0wbreeze doesn’t have an iOS 4.3.5 compatible version to create its custom IPSWs. iFaith will not work either since it can save an SHSH only for the iOS currently running on your device. Your best bet is to update directly to iOS 5 instead using Sn0wbreeze 2.8b10.

TehHellfix2 years, 11 months ago

Well. Try Tiny Umbrella and click “Fix Recovery” :D

Tony2 years, 11 months ago

Do you think Apple will give replacement for the phone which is stuck in recovery loop ?

Btw, Thank you Pramod bhai for your replies…

Yes they will. Just tell them that while you tried to restore your device, it just went into a recovery loop & never came out of it.

Tony2 years, 11 months ago

Any solution for recovery loop ?

Nope, since your BB chip is broken, there’s nothing you can about it.

Tony2 years, 11 months ago

Pramod Bhai I know the baseband chip is corrupted. I just want to know that can I install the stock firmware so that I can send it back to apple ? I am on custom 4.1 right now.

Yes, you can. But I believe you would still be stuck in a recovery loop right after the restore errors out.

Tony2 years, 11 months ago

I am having iphone 3gs 8gb with 4.3.5. My problem started when I tried to downgrade it to 4.1 and tried to install ipad baseband. But then my iphone lost wifi, imei bluetooth etc. I then installed custom 4.1 firmware but there is still no imei or wifi or anything.

Is there any way I can restore it back to stock firmware and send it to apple for replacement as it is still in warranty ? I have 4.1 and 5.0 shsh blobs saved with TU….

Please help me guys…

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about it. Your BB chip is damaged. Its a hardware issue with the baseband chip of your iPhone. Neither iTunes nor the device itself will be able to gather any info from the BB chip of your device due to a missing IMEI/MAC Address. Your chip will no longer function & you’ll loose the functionality of your BT, Wi-Fi & the ability to make calls as well. If your still under warranty, make sure you take it to the local Apple Store ASAP.

Dennis3 years ago

What was installed on my iPhone 4 was a Customized Firmware iOS 5.0 using the Sn0wbreeze. Any chance to downgrade it to a lower version like iOS 4.1 up to 4.3.1 . Your help is much appreciated. I tried to use the iFaith but no success.

Pramod3 years ago

Only if you have the necessary SHSH saved for your device / iOS on Cydia, you can downgrade.

Dennis3 years ago

I have an iPhone 4 and previously with iOS 4.1 and was not able to save the blobs and now currently running iOS 5.0 … is there any possibility to save the previous blobs for 4.1 or any other version as I wanted to downgrade my iOS 5.0 … battery problem .. it consumes almost 50% of the battery in less than 12 hours.

Pramod3 years ago

Nope. W/o having the necessary SHSH blobs saved, downgrading is not even an option. If you have Cydia installed, fire it up & look at the iOS versions listed here http://bit.ly/qS5bjW. If you have any, you can restore to them.

Nibbley153 years ago

Now that I have a pretty firm grasp on all this stuff, sorry for all the NOOB questions. You appear to be quite versed in all this good info.
    Thanks!

Now here are some questions, first I’ll get to the details:
    I have blobs saved on IFaith’s server of 4.1 & 4.3.1
    I only have signatures saved on Cydia of 4.1 & 5.0
    I tried using Ifaith to make a 4.3.1 signed file with TU pointing to Cydia server; this was a failure (read online it wouldn’t work but tried anyway).
    I can backup to 4.1 with TU pointing to Cydia (tried and worked).
    So my question is can I point my “hosts” file to Ifaith in order to use my 4.3.1 file?

I just find it wild that I have these two versions available and can only use one, there has to be someway to cross the ifaith blobs over to cydia somehow….

Pramod3 years ago

Your iFaith blobs do not reside on Cydia’s servers. So pointing to Cydia only errors your restore out as it doesn’t seem to have one for iOS 4.3.1. Fix your hosts file by not pointing iTunes to Cydia / any other IP that you may have tried including & your good to go for a restore with the iFaith custom IPSW.

Nibbley153 years ago

So if I understand you correctly, if I only have BLOB’s for 4.1 & 4.3.1 there is no way to upgrade to any other IOS unless it is the most current one that Apple servers sign?

Alin Padureanu3 years ago

I get a loop when ifaith is trying to save iboot blobs, at step 9 is dumping and verifiing on and on…what can i do…i am on version 4.3.3 and the iphone is not jailbroken :-/. what can i do?

Pramod3 years ago

Are you using the latest version of the same?

Nibbley153 years ago

Update… BTW I am running a 3GS.
    Ran redsn0w RC16, got it JB on 4.3.1, ran Ultrasn02 1.2.4; runs unlocked SIM.
    Just now trying to figure out how to update to 4.3.3; last check still had same errors trying to update. Could it be due to the unsigned package? and if so how do I upgrade and get a signed package? I have read that I can send some #’s and have a BLOB made for 4.3.3 is that true?
    Thanks again!

Pramod3 years ago

Nope. SHSH blobs are always unique to your device. Therefore, you cannot use someone else’s SHSH blobs to restore your device. Your restore will just simply error out. You need to have had the necessary SHSH blobs already via Cydia like this http://bit.ly/qS5bjW for your device / iOS.

Nibbley153 years ago

Question,
    I used your wonderful tool to finally create a signed 4.3.1 file, so it’s completely restored. Here is what I’m trying to accomplish:
    1. Upgrade to 4.3.3 (have tried Itunz with the unsigned 4.3.3 (error 1394) with TU (error 2005). Tried with Snow custom 4.3.3 same errors, tried even leaving snow on and no TU.
    2. Also planning on SIM unlk after the JB and 4.3.3 update (running another SIM card….) Already did the BB to 06.15
    Thanks any ideas would be great, I also uploaded my SHSH from 4.3.1 onto the server….

Pramod3 years ago

First off, you need to have the SHSH already saved for iOS 4.3.3 on Cydia / TU. Open up TU, set it to these Settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve & quit it. Retry the restore & if it errors out again at 3194, you do not have iOS 4.3.3 as a restore option.

ric3 years ago

i just watch some youtube vidz about ifaith i think i understand now. is there a way that i can downgrade to 4.3.3 again?

Nope. Not w/o having them saved already. :(

ric3 years ago

let me get my facts straight, i have a ipod4 4.3.3 which i regrettably updated to 4.3.5 and now trying to downgrade to 4.3.3 again. i dont have shsh save for 4.3.3 before i updated., would i be able to downgrade with this tool? need your opinion badly. thank you for your time “>

Pramod3 years ago

Nope. You have already lost the 4.3.3 SHSH with the update / restore to iOS 4.3.5. Also, iFaith doesn’t support any versions above 4.3.4. The iFaith screens does mention that in great detail right before you start.

ric3 years ago

i did use a different computer this time also win xp sp3, it did run the dump shshs but stopped at waiting for ipod touch 4. any ideas?

Pramod3 years ago

For which iOS version are you trying to save the SHSH for your device? Your saying that your device isn’t being detected by iTunes / iFaith when put in a pwned DFU mode?

ric3 years ago

i already have the framework, so i went to repair it, but sad to say it still giving me the same error. thanks for the advice though, any more advice? its greatly appreciated!

Pramod3 years ago

Use a different computer / upgrade to Win 7.

ric3 years ago

ifaith won’t run in my pc, (encountered an error, send report). im runnung win xp sp3 any way to fix my pc? help… tnx

Pramod3 years ago

Install the Dot Net framework if you don’t have it already.

boh3 years ago

this ifaith only works on saving your shsh, once u made a signed ipsw with it, and your restore with it, it will be stuck on dfu mode.

Pramod3 years ago

If you keep TU running at the background while you Shift+Restore from iTunes to your iFaith custom IPSW, then sure your restore will get stuck at the DFU loop.

Ahshan3 years ago

@pramod hi i did the above procedure with iphone 4 and at last after creating shsh backups of ios 4.3.3 , i made a custom fw with ifaith with official firmware,
    and the process compleated without any errors ,and after i try to restore it gives error 37 after the half of the percentage is compleated what can i do for this, i used tiny umbrella to tss server ,please help

Pramod3 years ago

You need not / should not use the TSS Servers or even TU whilst restoring to a custom iFaith IPSW. Quit out of TU & remove the gs.apple.com line from your hosts file (if any), reboot & then redo the restore from iTunes.

Jeny3 years, 1 month ago

i have shsh for 4.3.3 saved in iFaith, wenn i try to restore it gives me error 37.. the iphone stays in dfu mode, and wont start..suggestion??

Have you put your device into a pwned DFU mode? Also, make sure that you have fixed your hosts file to not contain any gs.apple.com reference.

Nero3 years, 1 month ago

wow this software really worked like magic thanks a million time buddy

sagar3 years, 1 month ago

hi pramod..
    i have got my ipod stuck in dfu mode..ifaith shows that i have no shsh blobs saved.. so i tried to dump, everything goes fine, but it stuck at “ios detecting please wait, and dumping, again ios detecting , dumping..” its shows like that again n again for two hours.. and in my ipod it shows “unable to read byte sequence”
    i m able to tethered boot with rednow.. it detects in itunes.. but still black screen.. i mean it can run voice command but nothing seen bcaz of black screen
    any idea?
    i have ipod touch 4g 8gb with ios 4.3.3

None of the tethered JB have an SHSH. Therefore, there is no point in using iFaith to save any. The same way, you have restored your device to iOS 4.3.3 w/o having any SHSH saved either via Cydia / TU. If you have no SHSH blobs saved for your device then restoring to iOS 4.3.5 is your only way out. Using TU to force install your iOS will never help. Read this http://bit.ly/oKCpYX & verify the availability of SHSH for your device.

leon3 years, 2 months ago

Thanks to JaXoV….

I have been trying many way to downgrade back from 4.3.5.
    Finally, With IFaith, I had successfully downgrade back to 4.3.3.
    Oh God , bless me..

Thank you very much you guys..

slAsh3 years, 2 months ago

Ok, I’d like to try the other sim and iTunes running but my wife just got tired of the “let me see your SIMM for a minute honey” game.

Unfortunately I don’t have access to another sim and iTunes at the same time.

Surely there is another way to determine whether the phone is carrier unlocked or not. Isn’t there some kind of test or utility one could use other than a sim swap??

Cheers

Obviously SIM swap defines it all. Using multiple SIMs does indeed mean a factory unlocked iPhone right? Why the need to create a separate utility or run tests for it? Judging by your model number, your iPhone is meant to be sold in the US, therefore as I had mentioned earlier, it is definitely locked to AT&T if your SIMs did not work after hooking it onto iTunes as well.

Gasim3 years, 2 months ago

I just created a signed ipsw for my iPhone 4 on 4.3.3. Restored in pwned dfu mode. Unfortunately when it’s almost done restoring it gets stuck on the last bit of restoring iPhone software, without the progress bar on both iTunes and the iPhone not moving. I have been waiting for a change for the last 20 minutes. If I disconnect it’s stuck in restore mode. Please help

Redo the restore once again via iTunes, but this time use Redsn0w to put your device into a pwned DFU mode & not iReb. Read http://bit.ly/pioV9v.

slAsh3 years, 2 months ago

Ummm… no. Actually it’s an Apple replacement for my phone originally purchased under contract with Rogers in Canada. Because unlocked phones are available I Canada and there was very little if any process during the switch over, I thought maybe it would be unlocked. The apple rep basically took out my original SIMM and put it into the replacement. That was it.
    Any way to tell for sure? I put my wife’s Telus SIMM in and it went to emergency call and wanted to connect to iTunes. Is that an indication?

Oh well see that. Its not always possible to determine the carrier to which your iPhone was locked to just from the model number. In your case, its a refurbished iPhone. But if what your saying is true that Canada sell unlocked iPhones, so should be yours. But your current model number (LL) says a different story. To confirm, try 2 different carrier SIMs on this particular model & connect it to iTunes. If both the carriers get detected successfully by your iPhone, you should be out of the Emergency Call screen in no time. Make sure that your hooked to iTunes at the same time.

slAsh3 years, 2 months ago

Hi Pramod,

Another question if I may. Are you able to tell whether an iP4 is carrier unlocked?
    I recal an earlier post where you comment on such.
    My iP4 model is MC318LL

Cheers

The iPhone’s model number only indicates the country in which it was sold. It gives out no particular info about which carrier it was locked officially to. But in your case, it belongs to the US & so we all know that AT&T is the only carrier network that locks iPhones in US. So there you go, AT&T locked iP4 16GB (Black) is what you have. Right?

jay shah3 years, 2 months ago

i have iphone 4 on 4.0.2 nd 1.59 baseband. i have blobs of 4.1 4.2.1 nd 4.3 on cydia server . i want to upgrade to 4.2.1 . is it possible to do it …. also when i try to save shsh blobs using tiny umbrella and check in cache it shows no saved blobs… please help ….

If Cydia has them saved, then you definitely can update to iOS 4.2.1. Download the custom IPSW for your iP4 from here http://bit.ly/k1DeYH & Shift+Restore to it via iTunes.

Ro3 years, 2 months ago

If We Jailbreak 4.3.5 tethered, Can We Update To ios 5 when it arrives ?

Ali I3 years, 2 months ago

Hi. I have a question …
    My current version is 4.3.5 and i wanted to downgrade it to 4.3.3 only for untethered jailbreak
    So i can downgrade successfully but after all it goes to DFU mode and stay there for ever
    And i think its only becaz i dont have .shsh files for 4.3.3
    So of i don’t have .shsh for 4.3.3, CAN I DOWNGRADE MY PHONE WITH THIS TOOL ?
    Plz help me and tell me is this tool can be usefull for me or not

It is because you do not have any SHSH saved for iOS 4.3.3. iFaith would work only if you actually were running a working iOS 4.3.3 on your device. Without an SHSH, there is absolutely no way for you to downgrade at all. All what you can do right now is to restore back to iOS 4.3.5.

atolentinov3 years, 2 months ago

Hello Pramod, I have a question

I bought an iPod 4G and before using any of the jailbraking programs, it was accidentally upgraded to the iOS 4.3.5

I`ve tried to restore it to version 4.3.3 or any of the previous, but I always got the error 20 when using TiniUmbrella.

Then I read your page (which is great btw) and heard about iFaith and SHSH, so I tried looking for the SHSH blob, but its niether in Apple, nor Cydia, nor iFaith (when searching it gives me the: Not SHSH available), is there any way to downgrade my iPod 4g 4.3.5 version to 4.3.3 or any of the previous one without having the respective SHSH blob?
    help

atte
    Atolentinov

iFaith will not grab any iOS 4.3.4/4.3.5 SHSH blobs. iFaith would have helped only if you had used it when you were running iOS 4.3.3. Also, now that you haven’t saved your SHSH for iOS 4.3.3, its pretty much useless to try downgrading. All you can do right now is to revert back to iOS 4.3.5, jailbreak it & then fire up Cydia http://bit.ly/qS5bjW to see if you have any. Nothing works w/o a valid SAVED SHSH.

slAsh3 years, 2 months ago

Nuts…..

I guess it’s wait for an OS version of iFaith.

Just a curiosity then, if I did save via iFaith on another PC and decided to restore on that PC, would this action be transparent to my phone? Would it sync up and recognize iTunes on my Mac despite having been restored by within a PC platform?

Cheers,

Yes ofcourse. As long as you have a working iOS on your device, you can sync your device with any kind of PC/Mac. No issues at all.

slAsh3 years, 2 months ago

Hey Pramod,

Have enjoyed reading this thread, excellent work!

As an OS version of iFaith does not yet exist, would I be able to use VM Fusion as a windows XP virtual machine to dump 4.3.3 (current ios on device) blob and then use that iFaith file in the future for a custom ipsw?

I don’t want to install iTunes on the windows VM so I guess I’m asking will any of the current JB tools Pwange etc be able to pick up and use the .ifaith file if it lived in the OS 10.7 desktop? In other words, use the Mac to roll a custom ipsw with the .ifaith blob

Cheers,

No, it will not because of the way in which iFaith uses the low level USB drivers, using a VM to run iFaith will do no good. Use an actual PC for that.
      For the second part of your query, the answer is NO, thought you can still use the TU saved SHSH blobs to create signed IPSWs using iFaith.

Betcha3 years, 2 months ago

thank you for your response. I found that it was as you said, the iphone needed to be fully loaded and recognized as a device by windows. It could not be already in dfu mode, and recovery mode does not work either. of the two phones I tested, one was able to successfully dump the shsh blobs using iFaith.

jecky3 years, 2 months ago

HI,tike.My ip4 ios 4.21 baseband 1.59,so i got a *4.2.1 (8C148)_cache.ifaith file.Can i use the file to restore my ip4 to 4.21 or to 4.33.THX

Obviously as the name suggests, you can use it only to restore to iOS 4.2.1.
      A 4.3.3 SHSH isn’t there in the picture itself.

Chris3 years, 2 months ago

Will this work for ios 5?

No, it will not. It works only on iOS versions 4.3.3 & below.

saad3 years, 2 months ago

i tried the same on my 3gs 4.3.3

now when i locate the created file for restore it gives error 21

its in dfu mode (pwned)
    how to fix it . as its not in a restore mode

Use Redsn0w instead of iReb to put your device into a pwned DFU mode. Make sure you put your device into a recovery loop first & then use Redsn0w. Read http://bit.ly/pioV9v.

Steve3 years, 2 months ago

How did you fix the problem? I’m having the same problem.

Eh, can you please be more specific about which issue are you talking about?

Sami3 years, 2 months ago

Thanks Pramod
    It looks I do not have any SHSH Blob saved, although the phone was jailbroken on 4.3.3
    ios 4.3.4 is tethered jailbroken which is frustrating as you need to connect to a pc every time you restart your phone, it does not look there ia any way to downgrade to 4.3.3 without savd SHAH blobs, possibly I need to wait untill untethered jailbreak is available for 4.3.4

Regards,
    Sami

You will have to wait until iOS 5. There will not be any for iOS 4.3.4/4.3.5 because that will be just a waste of exploit which Apple would fix in the IOS 5 betas itself.

Sami3 years, 2 months ago

Hi
    I have Iphone 4 which was jailbroken on ios 4.3.3, I accidently upgrade to 4.3.4, I would like to down grade to 4.3.3, I did not save SHSH bolbs while on 4.3.3, I tried to use Ifaith, pressing show available bols, none was displayed, pressing dump SHSH blobs, the program started but the messgae ” Not identified ios detected, Aborting”
    Is ther is a way to create customised 4.3.3 ipsw using faith and how
    appreciate your help

Sami

iFaith can save your SHSH blobs only if you were on that iOS version to begin with. It doesn’t support iOS 4.3.4 or 4.3.5 either & frankly speaking, there isn’t any point in saving them either because they are still on a tethered JB. Your SHSH blobs show up in iFaith only if you had used it previously to save one. Meanwhile, first confirm if you have an SHSH blob saved either on Cydia (http://bit.ly/p07pX2) or by using TU (http://bit.ly/n8Kkb1 with these settings http://bit.ly/qqFuve set) for iOS 4.3.3 or any lower version. Jailbreak iOS 4.3.4 if necessary.

Betcha3 years, 2 months ago

So…

Why bother recommending a program if its going to stall out at the “scanning for iBSS…” every time I run it. Too bad, it was a nice idea.

While I have seen many other posts about the issue I am having, it would seem that mums the word, whistle along and pretend iFaith works well enough if it works at all.

Thanks for nothing!

Scanning for iBSS is because of how Microsoft manages USB connect/disconnects. If its your first time entering DFU after an iTunes update, windows needs to initalize the driver. Doing so requires you to re-do iFaith since when it gets connected, iFaith sees it & attempts to upload but windows disconnects it until it initalizes the driver. Its basic common sense issue & iFaith (v1.3.1) works sweet only if you have the drivers initialized first.

L3 years, 2 months ago

hi Pramod,

using iFaith v1.3 to dump 4.3.3 iphone 4 blob.
    when packaging signed ipsw, always have hfsplus.exe appcrash.

thus resulted a not successful restore

any solution?

Yes, use the latest version of iFaith (v1.3). This issue has been resolved already.

Khan3 years, 2 months ago

Hello everyone,

I updated my 3gs to 4.3.3 with iFaith; however, after the restore is completed the phone remains in recovery mode.

I did the updating process a few times and used different computers and itunes version; I even tried tinyumbrella to get my iphone out of the recovery; however, NO LUCK!

I believe Nisar had this problem too; any suggestions?

Thank you!

Did you use the latest version of iFaith? It has already resolved the DFU/Recovery loop issues. Restore once again using the latest version of iFaith.

livo813 years, 2 months ago

Hi Pramod

YOU ARE A LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it worked it worked!!!!!!!!

this is the best forum thank you so so much.

will continue to read and learn here.

thanks heaps aagin

olie3 years, 2 months ago

i have a problem here. afterall i done all the step here, after i done completing the restore progress, ip4 just went to black screen. nothing happen just like phone turned off. but when i plug in the usb cable back, the itunes ask for restore again. can someone help me with this?

Did you use TU for you restore?

livo813 years, 2 months ago

sorry again i meant how would i downgrade to ios 4.1

thanks

If you only had the SHSH saved for iOS 4.1.

livo813 years, 2 months ago

Hi Pramod thanks for the assistance.

i never upgraded to 4.3.3 so how could cydia save 4.3.3 shsh blobs be saved?

if i wanted to go back to ios 4.2 how would i do that? i have shsh blobs on my computer with ifaith which i used to create customer ipsw, does that help?

currently on 4.3.5 tehered JB with redsnow. should i restore to 4.3.5 and then downgrade to 4.1

sincerely appreciate your help

You need not be on the iOS version if you want to save an SHSH blob for that particular iOS version. Cydia would just auto-save it for you if you had fired it up at the time when Apple would still sign 4.3.3.
      Yes, you can now use iFaith’s custom IPSW on iOS 4.2.1 to restore to & jailbreak it using Redsn0wRC19.

livo813 years, 2 months ago

HI Pramod

I should say from the outset that having read all the advice you have given, you sure know whats going on. I hope you can help me.

I was running iphone ios4.1. I saved my shsh blobs using ifaith and have since created a signed ipsw. after doing this i proceeded to upgrade to 4.3.3 as my cydia homepage showed i had shsh blobs saved for this. after going through a very lengthy process where the iphone would be stuck in recovery mode[itunes logo] i decided to restore phone to 4.3.5 and then try and downgrade.

trying to downgrade and following instructions on the net i always encounter 3194 problem. if my shsh blobs on my computer[using ifaith] and not cydia servers how do i bypass apple servers in order to restore.

sincerely would appreciate your help- have spent 3 days/nights reading on the net about this.

thanks

EDIT: Sorry i should say inform you of two other bits of info

currently running 4.3.5 tethered jailbreak using redsnow. secondly i just want to go back to ios 4.1 which i have shsh blobs on my computer

thanks again

Well if Cydia did actually list iOS 4.3.3 for you like this http://bit.ly/p07pX2, you can then very well create a custom IPSW using Sn0wbreeze & restore to that. Avoid TU at all costs. Make sure that you have edited your hosts file set to Cydia’s server before the restore process to avoid 3194 errors. Read this http://bit.ly/mbFORU & use the latest 2.7.3 version of Snowbreeze.

stone3 years, 2 months ago

ok ive read alove different stuff all over net and am really confused….

i have an iphone 4 on 4.0.2 with 1.59.00 baseband, i have no blobs saved for it just got it yesterday, ih8snow has said not to use ifaith at the moment, so i cant get my 4.0.2 i dont think, so is there no way for me to jailbreak and unlock?

You can very well jailbreak & even unlock your iP4, but you need to keep in mind to never update your iP4 with the stock IPSW from iTunes. Always use the custom IPSW cooked by either Sn0wBreeze/PwnageTool if you ever want to restore/update. You can very well go ahead & use iFaith to save your SHSH blobs on your iP4 first & then use Limera1n for your jailbreak & Ultrasn0w for your unlock.

Betcha3 years, 3 months ago

How long should “scanning for iBSS” take?
    been stuck at

0/13 SHSH Blobs Captured Pass # 0/5

for ten minutes. This is my third attempt. I see others have had the same trouble, but nobody answers… what gives?

Its simply because iFaith will run ONLY if you already where able to boot up a running version of your iOS successfully w/o any issues at all. iFaith is useless otherwise.

Alex3 years, 3 months ago

If I create a signed ipsw with ifaith and use it to restore to will it preserve my baseband?

Yes, iFaith will always preserve your BB.

David3 years, 3 months ago

I just tried with Redsn0w like you said but its just the same DFU again.. Is anybody able to restore with iFaith 1.2.1 without getting “error 37″??

I was able to complete a successful restore using iFaith just yesterday. It definitely works.

David3 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for your reply Pramod,

I tried PwnageTool and its the same black screen with DFU loop. Then i tried the new iFaith 1.2.1 and again its giving me this error 37.. I really dont know what else to do.. I think i should just try restore to 4.3.5 and stuck there.. :(( What do you think?

What did you use to put your iP3GS into a Pwned DFU mode? iReb? If so, use Redsn0w instead to achieve the Pwned DFU state. Read this http://bit.ly/pioV9v.

JayHD3 years, 3 months ago

I did. ih8sn0w is releasing version 1.2 of iFaith, hopefully today, that will fix my problem.

Its already out. Go & grab it.

David3 years, 3 months ago

Hi everybody,

I have a big problem here so i will be glad if somebody just help me because i am out of ideas… So i was using iphone 4 on 4.1 with baseband 02.10.04 i first jailbreak it and chose make my life easier or something in cydia to save my shsh blobs.. Then i tried to upgrade it 4.3.3 with a custom snowbreeze ipsw but it stuck on DFU mod whatever i tried doesnt worked, i tried restoring again and again nothing happened it was all same..

Then i foun a topic and follow a guide there and force it boot with “redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16″ and it boot. I was happy and i woke up this morning and realize that iphone in DFU mod again.. But this time its worse my screen doesnt work.. I know its working because i was able to force it boot again and itunes shows it connected also when i switch it to slint it vibrates. So i this time i look for a solution for screen issue but nothing worked.. Holding power and home button for 15,20,30,45 seconds do nothing restoring it again still do nothing.. Screen doesnt work even while its restoring.. I also have 4.3.3 shsh blobs saved with iFaith and i tried restoring it with signed ipsw but it gives error 37..

Somebody please help with this..!!! I forgot to say tinyumbrella show only 4.3.4 shsh blobs i dont know why because i never updated to 4.3.4 i was on 4.1 when i jailbreaked it..

Recreate the IPSW using PwnageTool instead of SnowBreeze & use that for the restore.
      Since you already have the SHSH blobs stored for on iFaith, use the latest version that came out today to create an IPSW file for yourselves & try the restore once again. This version has now solved the DFU loop issues.

JayHD3 years, 3 months ago

Everything works for me, then as soon as iTunes confirms a successful restore, the phone immediately goes back into recovery mode. I tried the fix recovery options in ireb/ifaith and tinyumbrella.

Have you chosen the right bootrom before you cooked a custom IPSW for your iP3GS? Have you confirmed the same?

Sergey3 years, 3 months ago

Please help.

Error #2 when trying to firmware update via iTunes.
    When I creat the signed firmware I already have the error hfsplus.exe.
    I’m using iFaith 1.1 and latest iTunes (10.4) on the Windows XP Pro SP3.

Do you have suggestions for my problem ?

Did you try out a different PC to create your signed IPSWs? Hfsplus.exe error is bad and therefore will not be able to restore your device successfully.

Phil3 years, 3 months ago

“However, upon checking at Cydia, it has a price. ”

What I mean is that the R3c3nt Call/L0g D3l3te App. I kinda like that App for free, but when I installed cyd1a, and checked on it, i noticed that it has a price.

Q1: (Once I installed Cydia, does it mean, it’s jailbroken already?)

I was so helpless not seeing any display on my iPhone 4.3.3. And I get error (3194 i think) in itune restoring it back. and tried every software i could get (sn0wbreeze, tiny umbrella, and lastly iFaith) to restore it back the same state as 4.3.3. But I was really not that lucky. So i did the last resort. Restore it using iTunes and (no choice) upgrade it to 4.3.4.

My IP4 is an open line. I can insert sim of any provider.

So to end this my IP4 now is version 4.3.4(8K2).

– Can I still have the chance to downgrade it to 4.3.3 or 4.2.1? Or
    – I guess I would have to wait for the release of iFaith version which is designed for 4.3.4? Or
    – Can you propose an alternative software for downgrading which is of course affiliated to ya?

More powers on your skills! esp to ih8sn0w. and to you too Pramod.
    but I believe iFaith Rocks?! and the coolest!?! Maybe later, i’ll have my IP4 JB-ed again if i see some apps that interests me..

Peace bros!?!

Those apps are paid on the Cydia store which you can get for free from other repos like Insanelyi/iHacksrepo. All you needed to do is add these repos and download them for free in the Sources tab. You dint have to upgrade. You got an error 3194 because it seems Cydia doesn’t have an SHSH in store for you. Use TinyUmbrella to find out which versions of the iOS SHSH Cydia has in store for you. Make sure that you enable the Request SHSH from Cydia option from its Advanced menu. If you have any listed, you then have a chance to downgrade. iFaith will only be able grab your SHSH from your device only if you were running that particular iOS version while using it.

NguyenToan3 years, 3 months ago

Need help
    I already try using for catch SHSH blob in version 1.0. Everything O.K when I got it and save to hard drive.
    I also get SHSH from server, create the ISPW save in desktop.
    But the problems was in restore in DFU error 2.
    I try another computer also have the same results.
    I guest error when building ISPW FW steps
    My Iphone 4, 4.3.3 FW. I do not want to come to 4.3.4 because tethered JB.
    Can you suggest us the best way to solves this matter.
    Thanks for your help me….

Have you put your iPhone into a Pwned DFU mode before the restore? Once you have created the signed IPSW, exit out of iFaith & use Redsn0w to put your iPhone into the Pwned DFU state. Read this http://bit.ly/pioV9v. After that, continue with the restore from iTunes using Shift+Restore method.

Phil3 years, 3 months ago

Hi Parmod. I hope you’re online all the time. And tell you, I’m not really sure of the terms i’ll be using here. But here’s my case. I tried JB-ing my IP4 using Cydia. because i want to install some apps that are not available in Apple Apps Store. However, upon checking at Cydia, it has a price. So i decided to restore its state to the original state (i guess).

I used snowbreeze 2.7.3 thinking it would restore my IP4 back. Not even doing any backups. All I want is to restore it to it’s factory setting. But i get error 3194.

So I tried TinyUmbrella, but since i don’t have SHSH blob saved, I can’t go any further.

I also tried iFaith. And I think it’s a perfect one. But I could not retrieve any from the server. I tried DUMP SHSH BLOB, yet i got stuck on the iFaith radio button with the indicator saying about iBoot. I also noticed a small text display appearing on my IP4 saying could not find “cimagelist” something like that but would disappear after 5 to 7 seconds.

I hope this observation would add ideas to you and the team for some upgrade. And more power to you.

All I want is to restore my phone back to normal. any version will do. I prefer non-JB, but I am left with no other choice, JB will still be fine rather than having my iPhone suffer this Black Screen of Death.

More power to you!

However, upon checking at Cydia, it has a price. What did you actually mean by this statement? You actually jailbroke your iP4 and found out that the apps were paid on Cydia as well?
      Also, it seems like you have already tried doing a restore. By doing this, you have wiped the existing iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blob that you could have saved using iFaith. Saving your SHSH blobs allows you to restore your iDevice to a lower firmware versions you are currently running. Meaning if you saved your SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3, but accidentally update to the iOS 4.3.4 firmware, you could easily downgrade back to the iOS 4.3.3 firmware.
      On the contrary, do you rely on an unlock?

John3 years, 3 months ago

Hello,
    I was gifted an iphone 3gs with no history except that it was jailbroken and unlocked. It shows the restore insignia plug to itunes. I don’t want to change baseband accidentally and don’t think there are any saved shsh blobs. I tried shift restore with custom ipsw 4.3.3 and i get error 3194. I tried to kick it out of recovery but nothing works. What can I do? Thanks, John

You need to first make sure that if Cydia has an SHSH blob saved for your iDevice for any of the earlier versions. Seems like you don’t have one for iOS 4.3.3. Use TinyUmbrella to find out which versions of the iOS Cydia has in store for you. Make sure that you enable the Request SHSH from Cydia option from its Advanced menu. And if you don’t have any, your stuck with the only option to update to iOS 4.3 with a tethered jailbreak.

Brian3 years, 3 months ago

Made a 4.2.1 custom firmware with ifaith but i continue getting the error 37 at the end of the update process making it impossible to downgrade, also tried to downgrade with the shsh stored on cydia but is not working..any solution?

If you have an SHSH already saved for your iDevice on Cydia for iOS 4.2.1, use Pwnage Tool’s custom IPSW instead to restore. Make sure you point your hosts file to Cydia’s IP address & put your iPhone into a Pwned DFU mode as well.

RckNRll3 years, 3 months ago

I’m not sure if my friend saved SHS blobs via Cydia. If not i’ll have to wait for a 4.3.4 Custom.IPSW right?

A tethered custom IPSW is always available, provided you know what happens if its an untethered one. Also if he has run Cydia atleast once on his device, his SHSH will be saved by Cydia. Give the custom restore a try.

RckNRll3 years, 3 months ago

Unfortunately.. has not work.
    Tried it with redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc18 and iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.
    Any other Ideas?

Do you have your SHSH blobs saved? If so, follow it up with a custom IPSW of iOS 4.3.3 restore. Use Sn0wBreeze 2.7.3 to create one for yourself. Follow this guide: http://bit.ly/lujZTw.
      Note: This will only work if you your SHSH blobs saved via Cydia.

RckNRll3 years, 3 months ago

My iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 (iPad BB) won’t get out of DFU Loop, too.

Update with signed iFaith.ipsw appears an Error 37 at the end of the UpdateProcess. And put the iPhone in DFU Loop.

I tried to Boot it with RecBoot, FixRecovery, RedSn0w etc… doesn’t work.

Please, I need a Solution for Error 37 oder enter DFU Loop.

Run Redsn0w only with the Just Boot Tethered Now option ticked. That should get you out of the DFU loop.

BBC3 years, 3 months ago

I tryed,

but not workink.

My iphone 4 is dfu loop with ios 4,2,1 created by ifaith 1.1-

I restored ios 4.3.3 !

Bbc3 years, 3 months ago

I tryed custom fw 4.3.3 with ifaith and restore
    With itunes.
    Iphone 4 Working @100%

But the custom fw 4.2.1 not, iphone 4 stuck dfu loop
    For ever !!

Fire up Redsn0w>>Tick the Just Boot Tethered Now option. You should now be able to kick your device out of the DFU loop now.

Lynn3 years, 3 months ago

When i tried to restore my device to a signed ipsw from ifaith iTunes will show error 2 and stop the restore. The ifaith restore logo shows up but the loading bar never moves. i do put the device into a pwned dfu mode so that is not the problem. Ive also tried making the custom ipsw multiple times.Any suggestions?

Here’s what I did:
    While at 4.2.1 firmware version on iPhone 4…
    I Created custom ipsw (4.2.1) with blobs using iFaith.
    Upgraded to firware version 4.3.3
    Entered pwned DFU mode using iFaith.
    Tried to retore iPhone 4 w/ iTunes using custom ipsw (4.2.1)
    Screen flashes white, then apple logo pops up
    Then iFaith logo pops up with progress bar
    Bar stays at 0 (no progress) for about 45seconds
    Error message in iTunes (Cannot restore, Error (2)), phone goes back to recovery mode.

PLEASE HELP !!!

The IPSW that you have just created is probably corrupt. Build another custom IPSW using iFaith & restore to that. Make sure that you using the latest 1.1 version of the same as well.

BBC3 years, 3 months ago

But the ios 4.2.1 is not compatible with redsnow 0.9.6 rc 18 !

When browse the Ipsw –>ios 4.2.1 or ios 4.3.3 ??

thank you !

Which iOS version did you currently try to restore to that version’s IPSW is what you need to point RedSn0w to. And Redsn0wRC18 does support every iOS from 4.1.x upto the latest 4.3.3. So make sure that the IPSW file that you have downloaded is not broken/an incomplete download.

Bbc3 years, 3 months ago

I tried to remove cydia host, but the custom firmware created by ifaith1.1
    Not working, my iphone 4 is black screen Dfu ever !

Help me please

Re-jailbreak your iPhone with Redsn0w, but this time only with the Just Boot Tethered option ticked. That should now get you out of the DFU loop. Make sure that you download the latest RedSn0w from here http://bit.ly/lMeWpa

BBC3 years, 3 months ago

Ifaith NOT WORKING !

1-Dump shsh ios 4.2.1 iphone 4 with ifaith

2-Create the ipsw create with ifaith (ios 4.2.1) on iphone 4.

3-Restoring ipsw, the process is ok, but the iphone lock DFU state.

The fix (Tibyumbrella, recboot, greenpoison, fixrecovery ) not unlock this DFU.

Solution ??

Solution is to remove Saurik‘s server reference from your hosts file and then redo the Restore process once again.

kishor3 years, 3 months ago

Pramod
    most of user face with IOS 4.3.3 battery life issue .

battery life will reduce significantly.

kishor3 years, 3 months ago

no SHSH blob saved on Cydia’s server i am let for this.
    i have only iFaith’s server SHSH blob

while building ipsw i get hfsplus.exe has encountered problem and need to close but the process doesn’t interrupt
    and i get custom singed ipsw file on desktop.
    singed ipsw file are not normal ?????

And do you rely on an unlock as well? Because what I would suggest you is to update yourself to iOS 4.3.3 instead of going the iFaith’s path. Right now you can easily up yourself to iOS 4.3.3 with ease since Apple is still signing it.

kishor3 years, 3 months ago

pramod i create custom signed IPSW for ipod4 [4.3.2]

its normal????

Nope, not normal. Do you by any chance have the SHSH blob saved on Cydia’s server? (Not iFaith’s server)

newbie3 years, 4 months ago

To obtain 4.3.2 SHSH do I need to officially upgrade to iOS 4.3.2 first then send a copy to cydia using iSHSHit or Tiny Umbrella?

Nothing can be done to obtain it back. You have lost the iOS 4.3.2 SHSH forever.

newbie3 years, 4 months ago

Hi Pramod,
    I am currently using jail breaked iphone with ios 4.3.1 without any issue.
    I did not have any problem understanding how to jail break, however when it comes restoring procedure I am totally lost. What is SHSH?
    When trying to restore your iphone, you will need ipsw file like “iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw” right? Now, can you restore to previous ios from itunes by holding down the shift key when you click restore button? and simply locate the (downloaded ipsw) ipsw file and restore without connecting to internet?
    Is SHSH acting like a serial number when installing windows os?
    So you can’t just download ipsw files from apple server and restore as you want?
    Please help!

Read this to know what an SHSH is and why it is required.
      Only if you have the SHSH file for that earlier version, you can revert back to that iOS. In your case, you’ll no longer be able to restore officially to 4.3.1 via iTunes unless you have them saved on Cydia.

newbie3 years, 4 months ago

Thanks for you help!
        If I have shsh file saved locally and downloaded ipsw files, can I restore to previous iOS without connecting to apple server nor cydia?

Also, on top of cydia home page I see ‘SHSH: iOS 4.3.1, 4.3.3′ does this mean I can restore to 4.3.1 and 4.3.3? and why there isn’t 4.3.2?

Yes you can restore back to either 4.3.1/4.3.2, but instead of Apple’s server, you’ll need to connect to Cydia’s server instead for the Restore to proceed. A server connection is always necessary, may it be Cydia/Apple, for a restore to initiate & complete.
          You do not have 4.3.2 because you were never on that iOS previously to save it in the first place via Cydia. You have 4.3.3 because Apple still signs them being the latest one.

Joe3 years, 4 months ago

You are awesome dude… thanks a lot…

Joe3 years, 4 months ago

Hi, after restoring Iphone with signed IPSW file, should i connect it to iTunes with an official sim to activate it(or jailbreak & hacktivate) or will this process itself would have activated my iPhone?

If you have the original SIM, you can go ahead and pop it in and connect to iTunes for official activation. No Hacktivation required.

Joe3 years, 4 months ago

Pramod, I dont have original sim card. How do i activate without the original sim?

If you do not have the original SIM, you’ll need to first Hacktivate your iPhone and following that you’ll need to use SAM to get your iPhone officially activated. Follow this guide for SAM http://bit.ly/mDpDwr.

Joe3 years, 4 months ago

Thanks a lot Pramod. your guide was very usefull. Just tel me some thing, should my iPhone be unlocked to activate it with SAM?

PS: My BB is 3.10.1. I use Gevey sim and Gevey Ultra to use it in my country.

Your iPhone need not be unlocked while using SAM for official activation.

KITANA_LEE3 years, 4 months ago

IT WORKED!!!!!! I TOOK THIS PHONE TO LIKE THE TOP OF THE LINE SPECIALISTS! AND THEY SAID IT WAS F UP…. THEY COULDNT DO NOTHING AND THIS WORKED. U GUYS ARE THE BEST. FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissThang3 years, 4 months ago

I’m getting error (6) in Itunes. What can i do to fix this?

Error 6 is likely a software firewall issue. Make sure you switch OFF any firewalls on your computer & that nothing is blocking iTunes from connecting to its servers while restoring.

dsov19783 years, 4 months ago

well whatever happened im very happy, thanks again hope this was of help to you guys!!!!

dsov19783 years, 4 months ago

khalid you never explained how you fixed your problem i have exact same prob as you i reinstall ios 4.0.2 with ifaith and it doesnt kick back on after the fresh install with signed 4.0.2 with ifaith just stuck on black screen and itunes counts down like its supposed to reboot fine then it goes back into boot loop of black screen and itunes wanting to restore it as it says its in recovery mode, plz help im on ios 4.0.2 and i dont want to upgrade to 4.3.3 im not on att im on simple mobile, help plz

What did you mean by a simple mobile? Factory unlocked or a different iPhone model ?

dsov19783 years, 4 months ago

its just a carrier if you was to read im not on att original carrier with the iphone 4, plz plz help ive tried another computer to see if i could save blobs again with ifaith and still nothing works still have black screen after i restore with signed ios 4.0.2 using ifaith. how to get it out of recovery for good, i need help badly!!!!! i dont want to update not sure even that will work at this point, my power in my house went out in my house when i was right in the middle of doing this restore with ifaith, but i have surge protector so that shouldnt have mattered, i just need all help kicking this out of recovery after the fresh install of ios 4.0.2 it goes back to black screen and then itunes says my iphone is in recovery mode and it tells me to restore again!!! PLEASE HELP

What I would suggest you is to do a Custom Restore w/o using iFaith’s IPSW. If your SHSH blob was saved, you can go ahead and create a custom IPSW bundle for 4.0.2 and restore to it via iTunes. If you haven’t. then create the same for 4.3.3 via Pwnage as well and do a custom restore. What I’m suggesting here is to get your iPhone back alive one way or the other and then bother about 4.0.2. That should help. :)

dsov19783 years, 4 months ago

holy crap guys i used ifaith at my friends house and nothing worked, complete black screen well as it pans out ifaith saves your baseband too i was all butthurt and now im still on 1.59.00 baseband to use software unlock man this rocks and im still on 4.3.3 when i was stuck in boot loop it wouldnt let me get out of it till it forced me to 4.3.3 clean install using itunes. then after it loaded ios 4.3.3 with itunes it said could not load ipsw 4.3.3 so that meant my baseband was preserved to 1.59.00 some how i dont know but it happened, it was stuck on itunes logo after the install we rejailbroke it using redsnow rc16 adn it worked like a charm i was about to install gevey turbo sim and voila i was still on 1.59.00 baseband i was like hells yeah i installed the software unlock in cydia bam unlocked iphone 4 with 1.59.00 baseband!!!! hope this helped, my old software was 4.0.2 some reason ifaith didnt like my 4.0.2 signed blob from ifaiths signage!!!!! woooooooooooooooottttttttttt

i tried everything known to the jailbreak world to kick it out of recovery nothing worked, well it got all the way to being finished and it said panic now stuck here or something like that, so i tried redsnow limera1n everything i could irecovery iboot tinyumbrella u name it, everything failed. so something i did in that process allowed me to upgrade fresh and it still saved my wonderful software unlockable baseband 1.59.00 lucky me, lol well like i said i tried it all and nothing absolutely worked, but 15 minutes b4 i did mine everything with ifaith worked to fully restore my wifes iphone 4 on 4.0.1 jailbreaking with limera1n and using software unlock in cydia.

You have restored your iP4 using a Custom IPSW which saves your BB by default. That’s what happened here. If you had used the stock IPSW from Apple, you would have lost your unlock.

sphinx3 years, 4 months ago

hey pramod, i got dfu problem after restore with signed fw 4.2.1. should i use redsn0w rc16 even it is for 4.3.3?? i already try everything but i end up by restoring 4.3.3 :( .. pls.. help.. thanks

If your stuck at the DFU mode, you can go ahead and try Redsn0wRC16. But this time, Browse to the 4.2.1 IPSW instead of the 4.3.3. It should hopefully work that way. Let us know how it goes.

sphinx3 years, 4 months ago

i already try that. at first its looks fine, but after jailbreaking process, it goes back to dfu state again.. i think ifaith is still buggy right now. i hope they will fix it soon..

Yeah, probably. Not many people either use it to restore as well since 4.3.3 can be jailbroken untethered & also there are options of Custom Restores as well. :)

sphinx3 years, 4 months ago

yeah! your right, why im bothering myself to use that, since i got untether in 4.3.3 and have my blob :D but thanks anyway :) im just exploring those tools, hehe

Amal3 years, 4 months ago

@Khalid, or Pramod.. i tried this and got stuck at black dfu after restore its still in pwned dfu mode. not sure how to get out of it.. any help?

First, hold the Power+Menu button for about 15 secs until you see the Apple logo. If not, re-jailbreak your iPhone using Redsn0wRC16. That should get you out of it.

Amal3 years, 4 months ago

unfortunately, no matter how long i hold sleep+power, the apple never appears. If i have my phone plugged in, i hear the sound of the usb getting enabled and disabled. when i plug the phone in the computer, itunes recognizes it in dfu mode but even after reinstalling a custom (ih8sn0w custom ipsw), when the restore finishes, itunes says the phone is still in recovery mode and the screen is blank. tinyumbrella has the ‘fix recovery’ button highlighted but even when i click it, nothing happens. when i try to load stock firmware 4.0.1 in redsn0w, redsn0w says the file is not recognized. i’ve jailbroken about 5 different phones but never ran into anything like this :(

Amal3 years, 4 months ago

it turns out, somehow the 4.0.1 ipsw files i downloaded were messed up, so i did a custom ipsw using sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 and restored my phone with 4.3.3.. it worked, and sn0wbreeze preserved my baseband!

Awesome. :)

Stock 4.0.1 isn’t supported in the latest Redsn0wRC16, therefore your having the Invalid IPSW error.

PilonCabron3 years, 4 months ago

Hopefully somebody can help me here.

1) following the instructions from JAXOV on how to save the SHSH locally, it says the “Selecting Show Available SHSH Caches on Server option will only allow you to save all those SHSH cache files which are hosted on Saurik server.” In my case iFaith says “No available”, even though I know for a fact I have 4.3.1, 4.3.2 & 4.3.3 saved on the Cydia server.

so I go with option

2) Dump SHSH Blobs. Following this process I always get stuck at the same place: iPhone shows blackscreen with iFaith text in white at left upper corner (iFaith v1.0 Initialized) and the iFaith program comes to “Apple Logo” part left hand table and the process screen jumping between “Dumping…[Please Wait]” and “Detecting iOS…[Please Wait]” (0/13 SHSH Blobs Captured Pass # 0/4)

I run an iPhone4 32gb 4.3.2 Jailbroken with Snowbreeze 2.6

Anybody haveing same issue and/or has a solution?

Thanks guys!

end up where iFaith says

PilonCarbon,

1. iFaith is used to save the SHSH blob only for the iOS that your currently running for which you may have forgotten to save it earlier. Cydia & iFaith servers are different and iFaith doesn’t connect with Cydia to pull your saved blobs. Only those SHSH blobs that you may have saved using iFaith are stored here. that’s the reason why it shows “No Saved SHSH”.

2. Guess now you don’t require iFaith anymore. :)

PilonCabron3 years, 4 months ago

Pramod,

1. Sounds logical, but the text of this post missled me: “…first select Show Available SHSH Caches on Server option to save the SHSH blob file locally on your hard-disk drive. NOTE: Selecting Show Available SHSH Caches on Server option will only allow you to save all those SHSH cache files which are hosted on Saurik server.” Saurik server a.k.a Cydia!?

2. Well, do you know of any other way to “Create Signed IPSW to Restore iPhone Without TinyUmbrella or Cydia Server”??? If you do, I guess I wouldn’t require iFaith anymore…

Anyone else experienced problem with the SHSH Blob dumping in the way I have?

PilonCarboon,
          1. That statement is to make users aware of what SHSH blobs they have before hand itself saved by Cydia so that they can avoid iFaith instead of ending up with 2 blobs for the same iOS at the sametime. :)
          2. In either way, you’ll need saved SHSH blobs for the iOS that your trying to get to before hand, may it be Cydia/iFaith. So, NO. There is no alternative for that. Its just the same like how would you restore from Cydia, minus the hosts file part. That’s the diff.

lmftmf3 years, 4 months ago

I had the same problem previously posted. I have an iphone 4 and im trying to restore 4.2.1 and it succeds but the phone gets stuck in DFU mode. What do i do?

Try this, jailbreak your iPhone via Redsn0wRC16 like this http://bit.ly/kPhfh0. It’ll help you to get out of the DFU and into your iOS screen. Good Luck. :)

lmftmf3 years, 4 months ago

Im gonna try it and post back.

jason3 years, 4 months ago

This solution is for who got stuck in DFU mode after the restore. download redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16 to jailbreak and that’s it.
    If you are use greenpoison to jailbreak but didnt’t work, i think you have to do the restore again and then jailbreak it with redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16.

Ahmed3 years, 4 months ago

I have 3gs 4.2.1 bb 6.15 will this allow a downgrade to 4.1???

Yes, it definitely will. :)

ahmed3 years, 4 months ago

thanx because then i can do restores to delete memory becasue 4.2.1 it will not restore

Sure, you can use the same. Go ahead. :)

Nisar3 years, 4 months ago

I bought it as it is. I don’t know these details. However, there is no cydia in my phone. I havn’t done nothing before this. and im sorry dear I am not much aware of the terminologies you used like ECID or SHSH. Your help is much appreciated.
    the other info you asked for is
    4.3.1 (8g4)
    carrier 10.0
    modem firmware 04.10.01 model mc605b

Oki. Not a problem. Seems to be that its a Factory Unlocked iPhone from UK. Yay, you can go ahead and update your iOS to 4.3.3 w/o any problems as your iPhone doesn’t rely on an unlock. To confirm the same, pop in a different SIM of another carrier and tell me if its detecting the same or not. If yes, your good to go.

1. Download the IPSW for your iPhone from here http://bit.ly/kjLNRn onto your Desktop.
      2. After finishing the download, Hold Shift+(click)Restore button. It’ll open up a browser window wherein you can point it to the downloaded IPSW on your Desktop.
      3. Wait for the installation to finish. let me know if you face the same error.
      Good Luck. :)

Nisar3 years, 4 months ago

thanks
        I am going to follow the line of instructions. Meanwhile I felt necessary to tell you that it does detect the SIM from any carriers but when call is physically made or received it goes in rebooting instead of responding to the call.

Nisar3 years, 4 months ago

Pramond
          I followed the way you guided me and restored IPSW but same error 3194 occurred. Now, my dear what possible next could be done?

regards
          nisar

Can your try the same method once again, but this time re-install iTunes and try it. Its something to do with iTunes not being able to connect to the Apple servers for verification of your restore. Try that and let me know how it goes. :)

Cool, that confirms that its a factory unlocked iPhone, you can go ahead and very well update your iPhone to the latest iOS version. :)

Nisar3 years, 4 months ago

Here it is, wow
            Parmod u r simply great!!
            As u said, I got it restored with the same IPSW in another PC where the IPhone was got registered. It gave same error. Then I repeated restoring without sync for apps. and it went perfect. Had u been here buddy, in my country in Pakistan I wud have called u first. So conclusion is that Itune was not working perfectly or some app is conflicting or some virus.
            Now lets come to next issue. Few month ago I accidentally got updated my 3gs with 4.3.2. It was jailbroken set so ultimately I had to resolve to iOS 4.3.3 (8j2) with 06.15.00 modem firmware. Now, GPS doesn’t work. Is there any solution?

thanks indeed, regard
            nisar

Gr8. Glad to know I was able to help you and resolve your issues. :)
            I’m sorry, but as of now the iPad BB is the only option you can use to unlock your iPhone 3GS. About battery life & GPS, sure there are problems with the iPad BB, but they are very rare. The iPhone dev-team is wroking on a BaseBand downgrader but its not expected to come out anytime soon. So you’ll have to bear with the GOS issue for the time being until something comes up.
            Keep your fingers crossed till then. Enjoy. :)

Nisar3 years, 4 months ago

Thanks Pramod
    Now the situation is that when I connect to Itune it offers updating my 4G to IOS 4.3.3. At installation it gives error 3194 and stops updating. how should i proceed.
    regards

nisar

Very unlikely, 3194 occurs when Apple doesn’t find the necessary ECID for the build update/downgrade your requesting for. Have you changed the hosts file to Cydia by any chance earlier? Have your run TinyUmbrella? Because TU will set your hosts to “Cydia on Exit”. Seems like Cydia doesn’t have your 4.3.3 SHSH just yet.

Fahim3 years, 4 months ago

Will it downgrade the baseband?

I accidentally updated my iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) to iOS 4.1, which upgraded my baseband to 05.14.02. Will this process allow me to UNLOCK my phone?

I’m afraid, but you’ll not be able to downgrade your iPhone BB once updated. iFaith is used only to create signed IPSW’s for those versions for which you do not have a saved SHSH blob either locally/on Cydia’s server. To unlock your iPhone, you’ll need to update your BB to 06.15.00 which is an iPad BB by following this guide http://bit.ly/jVI3cT. If you wish to stay on 4.1 itself, replace the instructions of the iOS selection with your 4.1 IPSW instead. Good Luck. :)

Khalid3 years, 4 months ago

I,v done these steps but itunes gives me error #2

Somehow, the application Support for iTunes is missing. Reinstalling iTunes will fix this error. :)

khalid3 years, 4 months ago

i did reinstall itunes “10.2.2.14”

but i still have the same problem

by the way ,, while building ipsw i get hfsplus stoppage but the process doesn’t interrupt

i know my english is poor :) but i hope it was clear 4 u

thanx alot pramod.

Yep, its absolutely clear to me. No issues. :)
          That’s fine, as long as your IPSW is getting created without any problems all is good. What i would like to suggest here is to give it a try on a different computer. At times, a different computer will do the trick. Try the same procedure and come back to me. We’ll sort this out. :)

khalid3 years, 4 months ago

pramod i changed the computer and succeed restoring.

but i got another problem,

the device never started its stuck in dfu mode (black screen)

i tried to restore it again

but i got the same problem “dfu”.

i’v tried tinyubmrella ,ireb , recboot ,fixrecovery

holding on home+sleep all didnt work

i even tried greenpoison

but the problem still existing.

heeeelp

khalid3 years, 4 months ago

wooooooooooooooooow i fixed the problem

Awesome !! Good work. :)

Nisar3 years, 4 months ago

Hi Wolverine
    Would u pls help me. My 4G goes on restarting whenever call is made (as apple insignia starts displaying till normal screen glows). I have changed the SIM but no difference. My other question is how can I know the set is company unlocked or jailbroken. The data info is :- ios(4.3.1 (8g4))and modem 04.10.01.
    Regards
    nisar

Hello Nisar,
      You’ll need to do a fresh installation of your iPhone 4. This happens at times when the iPhone is facing some issues with the s/w. Nothing to worry, a fresh restore will get the job done. Also, if by company unlocked you mean to say if its factory Unlocked/Locked to a carrier, I’ll need to know the model number of your iPhone as well and the carrier your using in your iPhone right now. :)