Here are some quick battery saving tips for those iPhone 3GS users who have iPad baseband (06.15.00) and are currently unlocked on iOS 4.3.3 using Ultrasn0w 1.2.3. Not only iPhone 3GS users but these tips are also valid for iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G/3G and iPad users who are having battery life issues.
[Image Credit: Cheng Jason]
- If you have iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blobs then downgrade to iOS 4.2.1 by following this guide. From my personal experience, iOS 4.2.1 provides you with best battery standby time because it uses less RAM and processor as compared to iOS 4.3.x. If you do not have iOS 4.2.1 SHSH blobs or if you think iOS 4.3.x provides much better battery life than iOS 4.2.1 then skip to next step :P
- Disable native iOS 4.x.x multitasking on your iDevice using this guide.
- Do not want to disable multitasking? Install Remove Background SBSettings toggle from Cydia. Before your iPhone goes into sleep mode, use this toggle to remove all apps running the background in one go.
- Activate your iPhone 4/3GS on iOS 4.2.1 or iOS 4.3.3 using SAM. To do so, follow this guide.
- Disable MobileSubstrate Addons: Navigate to SBSettings -> More -> MobileSubstrate Addons and disable the one you do not use.
- If your network provider do not support 3G service then turn it OFF.
- Not using Bluetooth? Turn if OFF.
- Not using Celeste app? Turn it OFF.
- Not using EDGE or GPRS, turn it OFF.
- Not using WiFi? Turn it OFF.
- Uninstall Winterboard app from Cydia.
- If you still want to use Winterboard themes, install iWipeCache from Cydia.