Push Notifications Not Working on iOS 4.3.3? (Here’s How To Fix)

Here is quick tip for those who are unable to fix Push Notifications after activating their iPhone on iOS 4.3.3 using SAM. Before following these simple steps, navigate to Settings » SAM » More Information and see if your iPhone ActivationState is set to WildcardActivated or not? If it is set to Unactivated then you need to sync your iPhone with iTunes (Atleast once) and if it is set to WildcardActivated then follow the steps below to enable Push Notifications and fix YouTube on your iPhone.

SAM (Wildcard Activated)

1. If you have already installed iPusher app, just remove it by holding its icon and then tapping on the x icon on the top-left.
  2. Navigate to Settings » SAM » Utilities » tap on Backup Activation and then tap on Restore Activation label.
  3. Reboot your iPhone and then sync it with iTunes.
  4. Install iPusher App.
  5. Reboot your iPhone and then sync it with iTunes. Make sure your iPhone is connected to a Wifi with an active internet connection.
  6. Open iPusher app and tap on Test Push Notifications button. If you see a pop-up saying Yay, push notifications work fine! then it means your Push Notifications are working fine.

Push Notifications (iPusher)
UPDATE#1: Fix SAM Error - SIM Card Not Does Not Appear to be Supported

AB3 years, 7 months ago

gracias !!!thanks a loottt :)

Tee3 years, 10 months ago

this worked perfectly for me! Thanks so much for your help! My imessages and facetime were activated but failing so I figured there was something very small that I needed to accomplish. I was very skeptical of this process as I use gevey to unlock my iphone4 5.1.1. I usually have to activate my gevey at every reboot, but I didn’t worry about activating it at all until everything was over understanding that wifi was the only thing necessary to complete this process. Worked like a charm! Thank you so much!!! I followed this link a little more having both pages open while going through this process but you guys are pretty much saying the exact same thing so thanks again! Your page helped much more visually as I am an amateur with all of this. Thank you for holding my hand and walking me through! Seriously! http://www.iphonejailbreak.me/how-to-fix-ios-5-imessage-on-hacktivatedjailbroken-iphone-3gs-iphone-4-using-sam/

Mahmoud3 years, 11 months ago

i did everything you said , but when i connect my phone with the iTunes it’s gave me an error says things about the original Sim and don’t work but after tow days i connect it with iTunes and the mobile works Fine but in SAM App > in > more info , my Activatestate is : Factory Activate and the annoying thing my Notification still not working dam Please help me , really having an iPhone without Push notification is so annoying .

Richie4 years ago

This is simply amazing….brilliant…fantastic….succinctly speaking – WORKS

Abdula4 years, 2 months ago

Then i tap on Restore Activation label i heve unknown error 28. Please help!

michael4 years, 2 months ago

i have same error plz help ?

Asif4 years, 1 month ago

I was using Gevey Sim earlier and am able to unlock my iPhone 4 (4.3.3) with BB 4.10.01.  but notification is not working. Tried the above procedure but stuck at Restore Activation unknown error 28.Did you find a solution?

Fouad4 years, 1 month ago

same unknown error too..

balhawan4 years, 1 month ago

Same issue!!

Mohammad4 years, 2 months ago

Jaxov Team4 years, 2 months ago

No problem ;-)

Carolina4 years, 2 months ago

I tried every step and I didn’t miss thing. The ipusher is working though my notifications from Whatsapp didn’t. I don’t get any notification on 4.2.1 3g iphone.Can you help me?

Asif4 years, 1 month ago

Reinstall Whatsapp, should work then

Davv4 years, 2 months ago

THANK YOU, worked. Just got to follow step by step!!

Innaaa4 years, 2 months ago

I have to restore it permanently to work…why?

asd4 years, 3 months ago

My phone is now WildcardActivated but I get no notification from iPusher

Ric4 years, 4 months ago

I tried alot its not working Im on ios 5.0.1 ipusher tell me to wait forever. i did all of the steps again and again please help me…….

Jraff4 years, 5 months ago

SAM worked. Thanks! Yay!! At first, push notifications are still not working after SAM. So I searched for another solution. For those who still don’t have push notifications after the ‘wildcardactivated’ state.. Go to settings > wi-fi. Click the blue circle button beside your wi-fi. Clear first the numbers written on DNS and then change it to 8.8.8.8. After that, test it with iPusher. This worked for me!! By the way, I have iPhone 3Gs, jailbroken 5.0.1 with redsn0w, iPad baseband. Good luck!

Liz3 years, 5 months ago

These steps wouldn’t work for me until I followed your advice, now my push notifications work perfectly with iPusher, thank you!!!

Peto15004 years, 7 months ago

IT WORKED GREAT!! I almost screwwed it up, mixed steps and runned out of wifi for a moment. Just restore from older backup and do it correctly. Great! many thanks!

Mike Reds4 years, 7 months ago

Worked this time… Thanks!!!!

Hassan-a-a4 years, 8 months ago

For people who don’t know what is the original carrier just download iTools,connect ur iphone and view details,it will tell you every single detail about the iphone including the original carrier.

Alex4 years, 9 months ago

Ace. Cheers guys. Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Al.

BG4 years, 9 months ago

I’m running a jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 on a 3gs. Couldn’t get iMessage to work, so I installed SAM and it still didn’t work. Running through this process worked for me! Thanks!

Ayoub Tr264 years, 9 months ago

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!:)))) i was an android owner and i started to miss it but with push.. new breath:)

Razor Pripyat4 years, 9 months ago

hey! thanks so much! tht really solved my problem! im on 4.3.3, now notifications works grat! just follow step by step and everything will be ok!

regards! :D

Kareem4 years, 10 months ago

it done thank you ;)

Tim O'Donnell4 years, 10 months ago

worked for me! thanks. BTW, for those of you who don’t know, you DO leave your *other* SIM card in during the SAM process, and it does not appear that you have to re-intsall ultrasn0w either…mu phone is rockin’ now…

Dfhdh4 years, 10 months ago

this working on iphone 3g 4.1?

Kaizerkaos4 years, 10 months ago

Thank you so much!!!! This worked great on iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.1.
    Thanks again, friend!

Rebel3064 years, 10 months ago

I’ve made it…my is working now….
    I had a problem with sim card, when i connect it to itunes it was saying ”
    The sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported”
    just choose your carrier correct, not carrier which you are using now, but carrier which were before iphone were jailbreaked. That was mistake I was doing several times….
    And follow steps from beggining.
    That should works!
    Iphone 3gs, iOS 5.0.1
    Cheers!

MARCO1NYC4 years, 10 months ago

how can i use SAM with 4s?

Pesmerga4 years, 10 months ago

iPhone 4S is not unlocked yet. So anyone who will use iPhone 4S will have either official SIM or factory unlocked model. In both cases, there is no need of SAM. If someone want to use iPhone 4S without SIM, You do not need SAM because you can activate Push Notifications and fix YouTube using Push Doctor app.

Raz Reck4 years, 10 months ago

nnnn wait a sec it worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much for the tuto

Raz Reck4 years, 10 months ago

hey there i did the :
    Backup Activation>>Deactivate iPhone>>Restore Activation & then Reboot your iPhone  .. sync with itunes again ,got 1659 error again  and still not working
    little help here please !!!

Juisehart4 years, 10 months ago

how long do we wait for the PLEASE WAIT on ipusher damn it

Pesmerga4 years, 10 months ago

If you are stuck on iPusher, you can try this:

Hope it gets iPusher to work.

Chris4 years, 10 months ago

followed all steps, SAM shows wildcardactivated, imessage shows that its active, but imessages won’t send or recieve push doesn’t work and ipusher is stuck on “please wait” any suggestions?

Pesmerga4 years, 10 months ago

Try this:
      Navigate to SAM>>Utilites then: Backup Activation>>Deactivate iPhone>>Restore Activation & then Reboot your iPhone.

Hopefully iPusher works after that.

Pesmerga4 years, 10 months ago

Try this:

Navigate to SAM>>Utilites then: Backup Activation>>Deactivate iPhone>>Restore Activation & then Reboot.

Hopefully that fixes iPusher.

Taha_neo4 years, 10 months ago

dear friend

I have gone through all the steps but i got stuck with ipusher then i did the other steps you suggested in ur comments but they didnt work either, i downloaded push test instead of ipusher and it worked .. problem is now wen i tap to turn on imessage it just goes off as soon as i tap it to turn it on.

please help i have read all the comments cant find help

Taha_neo4 years, 10 months ago

after all the steps my ipusher is stuck on please wait! …. imessage cant turn on as soon as i as i tap turn on it goes off automatically..
    plz help

Aburime Ojeh4 years, 10 months ago

shows wildcard activated and push notifications work. but imessage still showing waiting for activation and the phone number shows verifying while its grayed out.

johnny4884 years, 10 months ago

aaaaawwww I love youuu so much , thank youuu :DDDD it’s working for me Notificationss <3 <3 :DDDD

dacool4 years, 10 months ago

ok i have done all this settring a have install SAM like you say then i unlock the sim then i intalled iphusher ipushier says yout pushnotification work fine and do you know what i dont get notification from whatap facebook msn viber
    \

briggs4 years, 10 months ago

done all the above steps.. i’m connected to wifi – waiting for ipusher to give me a response – but it just sits there.. saying ” Please Wait…”

i guess that means it didn’t work – I’ll try the steps again

Mia4 years, 10 months ago

After several attempts it worked!!! yay!!

Mesear4 years, 10 months ago

I tried many times on my iphone 4 ios 5.0.1 (bb 02.10.04 unlocked with gevey) and every time i conect with itunes it comes up the message that ‘the sim card inserted on iPhone does not appear to be supported’ pls somebody help

Patrick4 years, 10 months ago

Are you sure that you were able to preserve your baseband using custom firmware? If you did preserve your baseband, try reading this guide: http://bit.ly/xLDbyI

Hope that helps!!

truebeleive4 years, 11 months ago

thanx alot it worked again for me gre8 work

Joooo4 years, 11 months ago

Did not work on IOS 5.0.1 Unthetered Jailbreaked using Gevey to unlock.

Even when it says wildcardActivated, lets see if soon we can have a fix.

Juan P4 years, 11 months ago

Works perfect with iphone4 BB02.10.04 on ios 5.01 , just follow the steps.
    Thanks M8 for the time to post.

Juan p from Buenos Aires.

Anonymus4 years, 11 months ago

Great!!, it worked like a charm!

Chris4 years, 11 months ago

works ¡¡¡¡

vivishao4 years, 11 months ago

Hey there! So desperate pls help. I tried all the means above and SAM shows Wildcardactivated however when i tried ipusher it pops out”Oops, there’s something wrong with the server!”. Appreciate any help..thanks

Jacklord4 years, 11 months ago

@vivishao Hi,

Make sure you are connected to an active WiFi Network when testing with iPusher. If you are already in a WiFi, try removing iPusher and do the steps all over again.

Hope that helps!

vivishao4 years, 11 months ago

@Jacklord I am so moved that someone is out there to help me..:DD Many thanks first and I would like to hug u for helping..well I do have a very active wifi network..lol..I tried to re-installed both social app and ipusher itself..but it still says something wrong with sever and my friends are all sleeping at this hour so i cant actually try whether these apps push work or not..keep fingers crossed I guess. Thanks again.

cutesash124 years, 11 months ago

bundle of thanks!it really worked!

IvanBozhanov4 years, 11 months ago

Hi, there! I have an iPhone 3GS running on iOS 4.1 with MF 06.15.00 and I have done all things correctly, SAM is showing WildCardActivated but Push Notifications still not working :(((( I even tried SAM>>Utilites & then: Backup Activation>>Deactivate iPhone>>Restore Activation & then Reboot which some users below said that it worked, but for me it didn’t :( Is there something else I can try?

TaiseMoreira4 years, 11 months ago

@IvanBozhanov I have exactly the same problem!! iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 06.15.00 and nothing makes this crap work. Could it be the iOS version? Maybe we need to update to 4.3.3?

Please help!!!!

yender4 years, 12 months ago

THANKS SO MUCH

Ilham4 years, 12 months ago

LIKE THIS!

Thanks!

Saad Sohail4 years, 12 months ago

Thank you sooooo much man. This works like a charm. I got iOS 4.3.3 and all the push notifications work like a charm now. IM SO EXCITED. I’ve been running my iphone wihtout these push notifications since a year now and this feels great. THANKS A BUNCH. (Sorry for the caps, i’m just too excited)

I wana donate. Send me info for donation.

Your most welcome. We don’t accept donations. :)

Ziglio4 years, 12 months ago

Hi Pramod,I’m using a gevey sim ultra, and i’ve tried and now push works well, thanks but after do this i have config my email account and email push don’t works…

Have you checked if the Push Settings for mail is enabled / not?

Ali4 years, 12 months ago

the same massege appears in my iphone , I can’t do any things

erdal5 years ago

BANK5 years ago

OMG! This works well with my iPhone 3G 4.2.1 too!

My iPhone notifications did not work for a half year, tried all the ways posted on the internet but still did not work. already desperate. today I seek for any solutions available and I found this page. you’ve made my day.

Thank you very much!!

Soulmaker5 years ago

i see, but the problem is my iphone carrier is from UAE and im at the other country, i guess i should wait for other way to unlock it of just wait the IOS 5 to be untethered, anyway thank you so much for the assist you gave.

Soulmaker5 years ago

is there another way to fix my push notification if my iphone is a 4.3.5 tethered JB and using GEVEY sim to unlock it, also i don’t have a legit carrier sim?

Pramod5 years ago

Try asking you friends / relatives who might have one. Any legit carrier SIM that comes locked with iPhones will work as long as its from the same carrier.

Soulmaker5 years ago

i see that’s why my push notification doesn’t work, actually i already do the method “BY BUNDLE NAME” and right now im using GEVEY SIM. i dont know what exactly is the problem is

Pramod5 years ago

Use SAM / a legit carrier SIM to activate your device first & then later insert in your Gevey.

Soulmaker5 years ago

My ActivationState is Activated not WildcardActivated is this different or not? after i activated my phone using SAM my facetime works and so my MAPS work but still my push notification wont work? i’ve try many thinks and search for possible solution by dont find any.

Pramod5 years ago

Yes, they are different. The Activated msg states that your device is still hacktivated & hence your push won’t work. Try to manually point SAM to your carrier bundle & see if that helps. Else, use another legit carrier SIM to officially activate via SAM.

Menno5 years ago

When I try to download SAM, it says Unalbe to download. I can’t even click install? What to do?

Pramod5 years ago

Can you pls be more specific? A screenshot would definitely help better understand your issue.

youseftota5 years ago

thankssss tooo mush realy it was great

captainjako5 years ago

tried this multiple times, no joy. using an iphone4 on ios 5 jailbroken with redsn0w, also using GEVEY ultra SIM for unlock. should using GEVEY make any difference? should i have to do the unlock process every time after i tether reboot (so that data works and the little “E” comes up)?
    any info would be much appreciated.

Pramod5 years ago

Retaining the data connectivity after a Gevey unlock solely depends on the kind of Gevey that you use. For instance, the Pro Plus Supreme version retains both the data connectivity & the GSM signal right after a reboot. So, you need not even redo the manual steps after every reboot at all. But I wouldn’t quite know for sure if this is the case with a tethered JB as well. Never tried it.

Daniel5 years ago

Hi, I did every thing and now my iphone does not reboot, it gets stuck in the white apple screen, I’ve tryed to reebot with reds0w and i doesnt work.

pavan5 years ago

followed ur instructions and its wotking… thank a lot

pavan5 years ago

Hi there,

will this work on 3g ios4.1?

Pramod5 years ago

Yes, it will, but Push Doctor currently doesn’t have any certs to distribute.

GAL COHEN5 years ago

FINALLY IT WORK! THANK YOU
    I HAVE 3GS IOS 5.0

sic5 years ago

All step of guide has done right…

but till “Please wait…” on iPusher…
    it doesn’t work on my 4.3.3..

Pramod5 years ago

Might want to try the steps I suggested in my previous reply to Camouflage. That seemed to get it working for him.

Camouflage5 years ago

Worked for my 3G 4.2.1 as well :)

Just installed SAM from Cydia then
    Goto SAM>>Utilites: Backup Activation>>Deactivate iPhone(Respring)>>Restore Activation & then Reboot your iPhone
    I tested it also with “iPush Test” from Appstore.

Thank u much.

oliver5 years, 1 month ago

I followed all the instructions, still iPusher says “Please Wait” Does this work with IOS5?

Goto SAM>>Utilites & then: Backup Activation>>Deactivate iPhone>>Restore Activation & then Reboot your iPhone. After that, check your push with iPusher. That should work.

Menno5 years, 1 month ago

I can’t download SAM anymore in cydia, why is that? Any solutions?

Please elaborate the error / issue that your facing while downloading SAM.

Muna5 years, 1 month ago

Can i do this even if my iphone is jailbroken??

Definitely. This can be done ONLY if your device is jailbroken.

Roalf5 years, 1 month ago

Oh thanks. I missed the step Deactivate iPhone. Thanks a lot! It works like a charm now.

andrew5 years, 1 month ago

its wil work on ios 4.3.3???

Do I need to even answer that ?

Roalf5 years, 1 month ago

I followed these steps and it went well with my iPhone 3GS (4.1) but when I tried it with my dad’s iPhone 3G (4.2.1), the push notification won’t work. the iPusher just keeps on the message Please Wait and never pops a window. Help please?

SANTIAGOR5 years, 1 month ago

IT WORKS FOR MY 3G 4.2.1. THANKS

Steve5 years, 1 month ago

Worked on ios5 Thank you so much!!!

haos5 years, 1 month ago

10x !!! it works!

simonchunk5 years, 1 month ago

Legend, Worked first time for me on 3G iOS 4.2.1!

Cheers Mate!

Edu5 years, 1 month ago

hi,
    i have a 3g 4.2.1 and i tried a milion time and still have no push notifications… any help?

thanks

Use Push Doctor. Else, spoof your friend’s / someone else’s legit iPhone locked carrier SIM card using SAM.

Carlos5 years, 1 month ago

Thanks. I finally fixed my Iphone 4. It works great!

Nato5 years, 1 month ago

Thank you for the response! I also was not aware of the wrecked GPS, so thanks for letting me know about that. I guess I’m a bit stuck then. I depend on push notifications from google voice and as I mentioned, push notifications just don’t work (for anything) when I upgrade with custom IPSWs, with or without the official SIM inserted at the time of activation. Looks like I’m stuck on 4.2.1 if I want push :(

Thanks again, and if anyone else knows of a solution/fix please drop me a reply (no signup needed).

pim5 years, 1 month ago

I don’t know what I did but now it works fine! Thank you very much!

Nato5 years, 1 month ago

Hi Pramod,

This method doesn’t seem to work for many iPhone 3GS users though. I have personally tried this method several times on my unlocked 3GS (baseband 5.13.04) with no luck. The strange thing is that even without hacktivating (I have the original AT&T SIM card for activation/cert generation) and therefore not needing to use SAM, I still do not receive push notifications. I am considering flashing my baseband to the iPad version to see if this will fix the problem, but it’s hard to find information about this for the old 3GS users out there. Any ideas? I’ve done custom ipsws’ with sn0wbreeze for 4.3.1 and 4.3.3 but had to roll back to 4.2.1 as push notifications work fine on this version of iOS with my unlock. I’ve been holding back on upgrading to iOS5 unless someone can confirm working push notifications on iphone 3GS with an old baseband (and bootrom). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The version of a BB never actually depends on push certs at all. So updating your BB to 06.15.00 will yield nothing except for a wrecked GPS. You can try using Push Doctor instead of SAM if push isn’t getting fixed. But if you already have the legit SIM, you need not even think about using it. Push does have issues even with the Social apps if that’s what your looking for.

pim5 years, 1 month ago

I followed these steps but ipusher isn’t still working. But when I trie it with ‘iPush Test’ it works fine? How is this posible? What does this mean?

Sometimes even the test apps go crazy. Just make sure that all your push apps are working fine / not.

mersim5 years, 1 month ago

awesomeee thankss dude i tryied this on my 3gs iOS5 and it worked perfectly,i was so sceptical but it WORKS :D thanks

Jakob5 years, 1 month ago

Thanks for the help…Ive tried it now so many times and push still doesnt work… Sorry.Thank you anyway

Jakob5 years, 1 month ago

So on my already activated IPhone (through redsnow) I:
    I run SAM, reboot the phone from redsnow and then it should be activated with SAM instead of redsnow? Or redsnow doesn’t activate it?

Thanks for the prompt replies

Redsn0w only hacktivates your device the first time to get you to the Springboard. SAM is the one that officially activates your device for your push to work.

Jakob5 years, 1 month ago

I tried this morning and it said wildcardactivated but still no push…

Try the steps that I just mentioned & test your push with iPusher to see if it works. Try it out repeatedly until iPusher successfully confirms the same.

Jakob5 years, 1 month ago

And this should work even if I have to reboot it from redsnow since theatered??

A tethered boot has nothing to do with the validity of your push certs. So yes, it definitely will. You need to make sure that SAM reads Wildcard Activated as its activation state.

Jakob5 years, 1 month ago

Im using iPhone 4, IOS 5 with preserved baseband, Gevey sim and jailbreaked/theatered with redsn0w… What will be the best way to get push notifications to work?? Ive tried Sam but nothing happens, anyone knows a guide how to use Sam when you have Gevey and redsnow?

Thx

SAM is the only way that you can currently activate your device on the iOS 5 hacktivated devices & it does work pretty well to. Goto SAM>>Utilites & then: Backup Activation>>Deactivate iPhone>>Restore Activation & then Reboot your iPhone. After that, check your push with iPusher. It should work well.

tanish gupta5 years, 1 month ago

does sam really works on iphone 3gs ios5?

Yes, it does work on the iOS 5.

Jakob5 years, 1 month ago

Does Pushdoctor works on ios 5??

Nope, not at the moment. SAM does though.

dan5 years, 1 month ago

the ipush have worked.and i was able to follow all the instructions.but why does the notification in my facebook still not working? i already backed up and restored sam a couple of times.thanks.

What about uninstalling & reinstalling those Social apps? They are always a tough thing to handle when it comes to push.

king jerry5 years, 1 month ago

thanks……!!! finnaly its work on my 3gs 4.2.1 ..

Smog5 years, 1 month ago

Thx! But Push Doctor isn’t updated for iOS 5 yet :( Guess I’ll have to wait. Thx anyway :)

Shaks5 years, 1 month ago

Thanks it worked.

Smog5 years, 1 month ago

Any news on when SAM will work with ios5 on iphone4? I have iOS5 but push notifications are not working because of hacktivation :(

Use Push Doctor. SAM isn’t updated yet for iOS 5.

msc5 years, 1 month ago

@Javox, is it possible to test ipusher with 3g if u don’t have wifi? my activation is showing wildcard, but ain’t getting push for facebook…

Yes, ofcourse. You might need to backup & restore your activation multiple times within SAM itself to get it working.

shaks5 years, 1 month ago

after following all the steps mentioned to check push notifications, IPUSHER is stuck on please wait.

wildcard is showing activated.

please help

many thanks

You might have to Backup & Restore your activation a couple of times to get your push properly working.

fady5 years, 2 months ago

Working from the first time on 3g 4.2.1 Thank you so much really helped me.

joel5 years, 2 months ago

I did what you adviced. Nothing changed. Push does not work. What a mistery!

Well since everything else is working fine for you, try this. Deactivate SAM (Hacktivate again) >> Uninstall those social apps >> Reboot >> Activate back to Wildcard Activated state from SAM & try the same.

martin5 years, 2 months ago

Thanks!!!!
    Now working like a charm!
    You are a born genius!
    Had to test a different SIM (still unofficial) and finally got past iTunes message….. The SIM inserted in this iPhone appears to be unsupported.
    ipusher says Yay!…
    Thanks again.

Awesome !! Glad to know that I could get it working. :D

martin5 years, 2 months ago

Thanks for your help, it worked.
    Now i have SAM well installed..stockification successful..but i can’t get past ..The SIM inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.
    What do i do now? Thanks for all the help

Well the SAM bundle for your country isn’t working I guess. Did you try the manual method as well?
      If none works, at this point of time, you need to use PushDoctor instead of SAM for your push cert needs.

Martin5 years, 2 months ago

iPhone 3GS jail broken on iOS 4.3.3, BB 5:13:04 and unlocked with ultrasn0w. Tried installing SAM also Push Doctor, and always ACUtil and Stockify do not install! Help. I don’t understand why? Gone through the forum, I seem to be the only one with this problem. Thanks in advance

What error / warning message does it show? Try uninstalling SAM followed by manually uninstalling ACUtil & Stockify if you still see them in the Packages section of Cydia. Make note of warnings / errors during the install if any & post back with your findings.

joel5 years, 2 months ago

Thanks for the time you spend to share your knowledge..
    I have a strange problem.
    I have an iphone 3GS. I jailbreaked with snowbreeze 2.7.3 and restored with custom firmware 4.3.3 , then unlocked with ultrasnow.
    I could use youtube and viber without pushdoctor, pushfix or SAM. But other softwares with push features did not work (including yahoo mail). I installed ipusher and it indicated that push did not work. (although i did not understand how youtube and viber was working if push does not work) Then I installed SAM. Follwed your steps. Now SAM indicates phone is Wildcardactivitated. Ipusher started to say push works fine. Still, push features of the softares, including yahoo mail, do not work. Somehow, Youtube and viber was already working before SAM. So, SAM did not solve my problem. Have i done something wrong?

No, you haven’t. Just uninstall & re-install those social apps that maybe push dependent & also double check the push settings set in your iPhone for the mail as well. If SAM states its Wildcard Activated, then everything is good in terms of push cert. Its only the necessary settings that needs to be set.

N3RVE5 years, 2 months ago

Worked for my iPhone 4.
    4.3.3, Jailbroken with RedSn0w.

Thanks!

Varun5 years, 2 months ago

Worked for my Jailbroken phone , iPhone 3gs running 4.3.3 . Thanks!

MIphone5 years, 2 months ago

Hi Pramod

Iphone 3g 4.2.1 JB (Ipad Baseband) done with Redsn0w. And yes trying to install SAM from the bingner repo. I suspect that it might have something to do with the fact that I get the following errors in Cydia (1.1.1) when refreshing the data:

Failed to Fetch
    http://apt.thebigboss.org/… and the same for http://apt.modmyi.com/
    Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored or old ones used instead.

It seems that the repo’s are down? but it has been like that for days now :S

Your Cydia should be on version 1.1.2. Looks like you have used a pretty old version of Redsn0w to JB your device. You might want to check that internet connection of yours first for packet drops. Changing to a much faster internet connection might help.

MIphone5 years, 2 months ago

Hi Pramod these are the messages that is listed under the “Cannot Comply” for SAM and SAMPrefs
    SAM
    Depends com.ericasadun.utilities
    Depends SAMprefs >= 0.1.7-8
    SAMPrefs
    Depends SAM >= 0.1.7-1
    Depends preferenceloader
    Depends libhide

Thank you for the help! (in advance)

Weird. Your trying to install SAM from the official repo right? What iOS / iPhone model / version do you have currently running?

MIphone5 years, 2 months ago

I have the same problem as Dimple:
    Iphone 3g JB with Redsn0w to 4.2.1 with Ipad BB 6.15
    When I try and install SAM or SAM prefs from cydia i get the following error message…. “Cannot Comply Note: The Requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed.
    Does anybody have a solution to the above?
    Thank you in advance!

Scroll down the same screen & read what’s the conflict / dependency that’s not allowing SAM to install on your device. Only you can tell us that.

Marvin5 years, 3 months ago

Thats what Im doing. I am even starting from zero again by restoring the phone and have no apps installed. Do I unlock after the SAM procedure or before? Do I have to take out the SIM before I do the SAM activation? I know about the ipusher thats why I also tried with whatsapp and viber but no luck.

SAM & unlock are two totally different things. What does SAM state your activation status as?

Marvin5 years, 3 months ago

Hey Pramod its me again. Thanks for answering my last question about the JB. I decide it to do it this weekend and everything went well, the OS upgraded to 4.2.1 and the BB remained at 5.11.07. However, Im having the same problem as before. After doing everything once again with SAM on my wifes iphone, push notifications do not work yet. Ive checked with whatsapp, viber and ipusher. Ive been trying for 3 hours now, keep repeating the same steps over and over (7 times) and still nothing. I guess Ill keep trying tomorrow and let you know how it went later on.

Once again thanks.

If you have hacktivated your custom IPSW, redo the steps that you had performed earlier to get them working. Uninstall all Push dependent apps, Revert Lockdownd to Stock from SAM>>Reboot & then pop-in the official carrier SIM that came locked to your iPhone. Now install all the apps one-by-one. Just perform the same steps that you had followed earlier here. No differrent & I keep repeating do not use iPusher.

mike5 years, 3 months ago

3GS factory network AT&T,05.12.01, mc135LL, jailbrocken 4.3.2 with sn0wbreeze-v2.6.1 then unlocked with ultrasnow 1.2.3

Problem is that when I remove ATT sim and install Tmobile or any international sim push notifications work on wifi, 3g and edge BUT when I reinstall original att sim I cannot receive push notifications from 3g or edge, wifi push still works fine.

I tried reinstalling/removing ultrasnow, did nothing
    Tried SAM through your tutorials, shows wildcardActivated but still no push on 3g or edge.
    Tried pushdoctor, also with no results

Well, since you already had the legit SIM that came locked with your iP3G, you needn’t even use SAM at all to start with. All you needed to do was to not tick the hacktivate option whilst creating the custom restore & then later use the same SIM to activate your iP3G via iTunes. Right now what you can do is open up SAM>>Revert Lockdownd to Stock>>Reboot & then pop in your official AT&T SIM in & connect it to iTunes. No, you should be getting your Push all up & running just fine.

dimple5 years, 3 months ago

Hi, I can’t install SAM, cydia says ‘Cannot Comply’ I have a iPhone4 on iOS4.1 please help

Your query is just too vague to answer. Scroll down your screen to find more details about what is it not complying with. I will not be able to answer such queries.

Stef5 years, 3 months ago

Thank you! work fine on 3GS & iOS 4.3.3 officially activated (officially desimlocked now). Notifications did not worked since it was hacktivated on 4.2.1 . It’s ok now thanks to this tuto!

Stef.

Marvin5 years, 3 months ago

On my wifes iphone 3g jailbroken with blackrain around 2 years ago with OS 3.1.2 it says SHSH OS 4.1 and 4.2.1 when I open cydia Pramod.

Ohkk, if yours is an iP3G, then you need not worry about any kind of SHSH at all. You can very well restore to iOS 4.1/4.2.1. Make sure that your restoring to custom IPSWs ONLY in order to preserve the BB for an unlock.

Marvin5 years, 3 months ago

I didnt know where to post this question so Ill do it here. I would like to upgrade my wifes 3.1.2 OS to 4.2.1. However, I would like to know if it is possible to do it without upgrading to ipad BB. If its possible, could you let me know how by giving me a link to a tutorial you recommend please.

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for posting this question here but I did not find any other place in your site.

First off, you need to see if you have an SHSH saved for your device for iOS 4.2.1 before you proceed with the update. Fire up Cydia’s homepage & see if 4.2.1 is listed here http://bit.ly/qS5bjW.

Marvin5 years, 3 months ago

True Pramod you did tell me. When I first saw this posted on the internet I was not gonna give it a shot because of my OS (4.2.1) but after reading many many articles and none of them worked I then decided to try this one. Thats why of my recommendation. People can save a lot of time if it was posted as Push Notifications Not Working on iOS 4.x.x? Anyways thanks.

Good to know everything is working now Michael. I removed everything from my iphone by mistake. I pressed erase all content and settings and then after 5 hours of nothing happening I decided to restore using the other tutorial by javox.com, so I had a fresh start and then just followed this turotial and everything went well after.

michael5 years, 3 months ago

done!!!! thank you so much…
    all working!

michael5 years, 3 months ago

to marvin: do i need to do it all over again?
    how can i remove everything to make sure no app will have a conflict on SAM

Just uninstall all those apps which depend on notifications esp the social networking ones, reactivate it & then try.

Marvin5 years, 3 months ago

Hello, its me again. I just wanted to say that I tried again after several hours and finally it worked. It could be possible that the Ipusher app as you guys say does not work sometimes. So far, I have installed whatsapp and it never use to work and now it works perfectly. Also, as you guys suggest forget about the ipusher app and just install and app such as whatsapp and test the push notifications. One recommendation, your tutorial says this will work for 4.3.3, however, because of that many people that have 4.1 or 4.2.1 or other OS will not give it a try and I have 4.2.1 ipad BB and it works beautifully. Thank you so much for all your tutorials, they are awesome. I recommend the people who are gonna try this not to give up because it works and forget about the ipusher app, dont try to verify with that since i lost almost a whole day and probably push notifications were already working after following the tutorial.

Awesome !! Didn’t I tell ya the same. :D
      Also, this article was made when iOS 4.3.3 was in its glory, so its pretty much expected to work with the earlier iOS versions already.

michael5 years, 3 months ago

i did the instructions and still no notifications.i just dont know where i did the instructions wrong

If SAM states the activation as Wildcard Activated, you need not worry about iPusher. Just see for yourselves if they are working on your iPhone by using notification dependent apps.

Marvin5 years, 3 months ago

How can I see for myself if push notifications are working? I have not installed the apps I use to have (whatsapp, SIP, IM+ Pro, etc.) because I do not want to erase them again if I have to restore one more time. I have not made any backups or anything. I like to have a fresh start always. SAM definitely says Wildcardactivitated, no problem there. Any other app you recommend that I could try with? Any other comments or suggestions?

Thank you very much for replying and helping out.

You will ofcourse need to see for yourselves if the notifications are working or not? It isn’t possible for us to make guesses unless you see it working, so install anyone of the app & have a look. :)

Marvin5 years, 3 months ago

Hello guys,

First of all, thanks for all the help you’ve been giving to iphone users. I activated my canadian cel phone with a mexican SIM from telcel following the procedures of your other posts with SAM and everything went well. However, after trying for about 10 times to get push notifications to work, I have given up. I’ve followed step by step your guide here and nothing seems to work at all. I’ve restored about 5 times to see if that was the problem but still not working. SAM says wildcardactivated and notifications are on but everytime i try ipusher it gets stuck on please wait. I have never installed pushfix or pushdoctor so that cannot be the problem. I also make sure I have wifi on the iphone when I try the ipusher app. Could it be because I have an iphone 3g 4.2.1 ipad BB?

Any other suggestions? What should I do?

Thanks for your help

Sometimes, iPusher itself has issues of not being able to detect the push activation. Are you able to actually see your push working on your iPhone? As long as SAM says WildcardActivated, you have nothing to worry about. Also, BB has got nothing to do with this issue.

michael5 years, 3 months ago

i tried the two, the activation and the SAM. i also did to reactivated it because i installed push doctor but it is removed and everything is done. i just dont know if i did it right. kindly help me. thanks!

Eh, what was your issue Michael? I’m really confused right now.

Erick5 years, 3 months ago

My dear Friend, PUSH NOTIFICATIONS working at 100% I really thank you. You’re a god in this. You’re a genious!!!!

Anmol Batra5 years, 3 months ago

Thanks man! this guide works for me! push notifications failed at first time when i have activated through SAM…….! this works 4 me … push notifications are now working 4 me! thnx genious! :)

Delboy5 years, 4 months ago

Hello Tike,
    Thanks for a great guide. I finally can get my iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.3 jailbreak and unlock with gevey sim ultra to perform push properly and therefore FaceTime to work properly. Oh, push notification on my 3GS jailbreak and unlock with ultrasn0w also work with this after so is FaceTime. Thank you and you are the man.

Quasti5 years, 4 months ago

After thousands of tries I finally got the message from ipusher. Thanks for the instructions.
    However I seem to not receive push messages through my exchange account. Everything is set correctly.

Any idea or did you hear about exchange notifications failing?

Nope, haven’t heard of that failing.

daniel5 years, 4 months ago

my activation is set to factory somethin.. wut can I do ?

Asma5 years, 4 months ago

Hi! Thank you so much for the help but i did everything written here and I even got the pop-up message from i-pusher that “push notifications work fine”. but I’m still not getting push notifications. why is that? I’ll be very thankful if you could answer my question.

Make sure that you have enabled PushNotificaions on your iPhone to receive them, because with iPusher, they are already active on your iPhone. Is it for a particular application that your not getting them or is it an iPhone app wide issue?

Manish5 years, 4 months ago

Thanks! Works fine. My wife has unlocked iPhone 2G with iOS 3.1.3 and push notifications doesn’t work in that also. I was wondering if SAM technique will work on her phone also. Please let me know.

Thanks Again.

Yes, SAM will definitely work on your iP2G as well.

chrider5 years, 5 months ago

MASTER!

Works perfectly!

THANKS!!!

ps. Mykel! thats right, JUST SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS.

Mykel5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks!!push notification is working fine now! just dont know why some people just cant get simple instructions.

Andres5 years, 5 months ago

ME FUNCIONO!!!!!! GRACIAS!!!!

THANK YOU GUYS!!! THAT REALLY WORKS!!

Matthew5 years, 5 months ago

I have the wildcard activated on SAM but when I use iPusher it stays on please wait for hours, how can I tell if push notifications work so I can use mitime and activate faceit3gs for facetime on my 3GS please help!!!!

Simple !! Just see if you getting notifications for your default apps like Facebook/Mails. If in case you have Wildcard Activated, you have nothing to worry about. Your Push Notifications is working just fine and now you can go ahead and install the necessary tweaks.

vidur5 years, 5 months ago

thanks a lot….worked for me in the first try….

Luis5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks a lot for this guide! Now push works fine!

Sale5 years, 5 months ago

Hello, i upgraded my firmware to 4.3.3 with new boot and had to install bb 6.15 with redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16 and using iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2.ipsw.

After jailbreaking phone with redsn0w and unlocking it with ultrasn0w i did all steps from the guide and manage to get my SAM to “wildcardactivated”, i got iPusher to show me “YAY!…” message but, installed back my apps that can send push messages and besides that “YAY!” message i never received any push message.

I tried playing with sn0wbreeze-v2.7.3 and creating custom rom built on iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2.ipsw, but iTunes gives me error 1600 or 21.

Again, im not giving up.. I tried restoring clean iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2.ipsw, but i get again error 1600 and 21.

Any suggestions? I was thinking that SAM will resolve my issue, but it didnt helped.

Sure, don’t give up just yet. SAM has nothing to do with the restore errors that your getting via iTunes. To get yourself out of 16xx errors, you’ll need to exactly tell me the Error number, so that I can understand what exactly is the problem. Error 21 occurs when your security s/w interferes with the restore/update process of iTunes. Make sure no firewall is blocking iTunes connection to Apple servers as well & also make sure that iTunes is able to contact Cydia as well if your performing a Custom restore. Also you must put the iPhone into Pwned DFU mode after your IPSW is created by Sn0wbreeze. Make sure you put it via iReb to get yourself out of 16xx errors. Good luck. :)

Jaime5 years, 5 months ago

Hi pramod, I am agree with the rest of the people. This bug on the jailbreak is frustrating. I was able to get it to work. Installing apps one by one, I had it fine with Ebuddy and Skyoe, but today I continue installing my apps and this thing stopped working and I am not able to make it work again at all. The only change was installing Instalous 4, iFile Cracked and IM+ Pro. I have tried 5 times or even more this method but with no success. Please advice, thank you

Jaime, why don’t you try to uninstall the app and try it again? I;m ure its because some app of your broke the Push functionality activated by SAM. Try to uninstall that app and redo the procedure. It’ll work. :)

Jaime5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for the answer, I restored the firmware and installed aps one by one, so far so good. But at the end I decided to go to my old 4.0 firmware. Thank you

Glad it worked for you. Your most welcome. :)

Jaime5 years, 5 months ago

But let me tell you something I have noticed. Unfortunately one of my phones has no shsh for 4.0 so I was able only to set it back to 4.1 customer firmware. I noticed that the push notificacion works only with the phone data on, this means you need a data plan. My phone in IOS 4.0 gets the notifications using only the wireless, no need to turn Data on, so this being said I am thinking that my problem was not the app installed but me turning of the Celular Data.

A very possible scenario, since you can receive the Push in either ways, may it be a Wi-Fi/GSM Data plan you can never really know what’s causing this issue. :)

Rob5 years, 6 months ago

Hi there Wolverine, Patrick & co!
    I have restored my iphone 3gs in itunes to ios 4.3.3, bb 5.16 then:
    1) upgraded baseband to 6.15 and jailbroken using redsn0w
    2) unlocked with ultrasn0w
    3) successfully activated to ‘wildcardactivated’ with SAM,
    And am unable to get push notifications in apps or iPusher, it seems the only thing to do now is to do the whole process again to see if it will work this time, is that correct, or do you have any other suggestions?

I have tried to find the custom IPSW i will need to restore my iphone. would you recommend i build my own or download a pre made one, if so shall i download an activated or unactivated version? will downloading an activated one avoid me having to use SAM and unlock etc? also what does ‘untethered’ mean?

any help or advice you could give would be greatly appreciated as i am at a bit of a loss and really want push to work!

Rob

No need for you to create Custom IPSW to restore. If SAM shows you that its “Wildcard Activated”, you really don’t have to do anything else. Your apps should work just fine. Sometimes, iPusher may not work properly as well. What you can do to check your notifications is first BackUp your current activation via SAM, Revert to Stock Lockdownd and Restore your activation back. After that, try iPusher and see what it says now. Let me know how it goes. :)

Rob5 years, 5 months ago

Hi Pramod thanks for the help have tried what you mentioned but it did not seem to work. i now get a message when i open ipusher saying “connect to itunes to us push notifications” not sure if this is a step forward or a step back? any idea what the story is and where to from here? thanks!

Rob

Connect it to iTunes to see if it works. Do you by any chance have any SIM of the official carrier to which the iPhone is locked to in your country? Even your friends will do because this is the official way to get your Push working w/o SAM.

joyin5 years, 6 months ago

i have tried lot of timesto test notification on ipusher.
    but its still the same,why?

At times, iPusher maynot work in some cases. Give SAM activation a try. SAM has been proven to work really good in such cases. Follow this guide to do so. http://bit.ly/klvd8T

Rob5 years, 6 months ago

Gah ive tried this fix loads of times and it still wont work, frustrating because this is the only thing keeping me from a fully functional 3gs!

Could i try using push doctor and sam together? will it make the phone worse?

Cheers
    Rob

Chip5 years, 6 months ago

Hi
    I am using 3GS 4.3.3, my Youtube works but Push Notification does not works, I hav installed SAM and it says “Factory Activated” what should i do to get my Push NOTIFICATION working successfully…

Patrick5 years, 6 months ago

I assume the above guide should have solved your problem. You need to try the above procedure for 2-4 times. Also make sure that you are connected to Wifi with an active internet connection. If you installed apps which support Push Notifications before activating your iPhone, then you need to re-install them.

Radula5 years, 6 months ago

Hey i tried all of this and my iphone is now “wildcardactivated” but i still can’t get push to work… any advice?

You tried all those steps mentioned in the above guide? If yes then make sure “Notifications” option in Settings -> Notifications is turned ON.

F5 years, 6 months ago

I installed SAM on my 3GS (4.3.3 firmware with 06.15.00 baseband). Unfortunately push still doesn’t work (YouTube does). Any advice? I tried repeating the process 5 times and it still didn’t help. Should I just keep trying?

You tried iPusher app? Have you uninstalled all Push enabled apps before activating and then re-installed them after activating your iPhone? If yes then make sure “Notifications” option in Settings -> Notifications is turned ON.

F5 years, 6 months ago

Yep, iPusher doesn’t get through – I get “Please wait” message. Do you mean that I should uninstall everything that uses push notifications, like Facebook, CNBC, WhatsApp etc? I tried Push Doctor before and it never worked on 3GS with 4.3.3 bb 06.15.00. Obviously notifications are turned on.

Oh! I was about to ask the same if you installed Push Doctor before. I will recommend you to do a full restore and then ONLY try SAM. Once iPhone is activated, then install apps which support Push Notifications.

F5 years, 6 months ago

OK, I’ll try this out and let you know whether it worked. Thanks a lot anyway!

JimBoto5 years, 6 months ago

Man I followed your instructions so many times down to a “T” and it still doesn’t work! You say to try 2-3 times and then it’ll usually work. Well I’ve tried over 10 times already and it’s a damn slow process each time as I have to unlock the phone with my Gevey Pro.

Dude why are you activating your iPhone with Gevey SIM? Just remove Gevey SIM interposer and leave it on side. Use simple unofficial carrier SIM and activate it using SAM. You do not need to be unlocked to activate your iPhone using SAM. All you need is a SIM card with supported IMSI and ICCID number.

JimBoto5 years, 6 months ago

Well I’m assuming it was ok because Madasnirp said he has the Gevey also. So I have I have to leave my Gevey out and use my T-Mobile activated sim then? Sorry I thank you for your post and I’m sure it helped greatly but there are others like myself who have slightly situations, ie using a Gevey, that wouldn’t know otherwise if it’s not pointed out that it’s not supposed to be used.

JimBoto5 years, 6 months ago

Man, I tried this many times and the iPusher app never tells me that Push is working. I’m using the Gevey Pro to activate the iPhone 4.

I originally restored to stock 4.3.3 from iTunes, well actually I just downloaded the latest stock 4.3.3 IPSW and used Redsn0w to get it hacktivated.

I’m not sure if the method I’m using above affects the outcome of the instructions listed here.

I’ve waited for quite a while to see that Push is working button but I never seem to get it.

What am I doing wrong?

It doesn’t matter if your are using Gevey SIM or not. It also dosen’t matter which jailbreak method you have used i-e Redsn0w, Sn0wbreeze or PwnageTool. All what matters is your ActivationStatus, is it WildcardActivated? If yes then have you tried the above steps?

JimBoto5 years, 6 months ago

Yes it shows WildcardActivated and that’s the only time I have tried to follow your steps because if it doesn’t show WildcardActivated you don’t see the same menu in Utilites. You can’t do the Backup & Restore Activation otherwise.

Also I never had problems with Youtube but push didn’t really work for the stock email program. I’m assuming that your steps will fix that problem right?

If not then maybe I’m doing all of this in vain…

Try to activate using this guide http://bit.ly/k5rQch and see if backup and restore options. And also stock email app do not display message like other apps do which support Push Notifications. It will only say a beep whenever you will get a new email. To test Push Notifications, use iPusher app.

Yep, just remove Gevey for a moment and try to activate your iPhone using this guide http://bit.ly/k5rQch Once activated, you can put Gevey SIM back into your iPhone and unlock it.

madasnirp5 years, 6 months ago

Thanks very much for this and your guide on SAM, they cleared everything up and now my push notifications work perfectly! This also seems to make it so that my Gevey SIM interposer keeps my phone unlocked even after a hard reboot (it’s not supposed to), this is an unexpected and very welcome byproduct. Thanks again!

Wow! You mean you got Gevey Pro Plus? When you reboot your iPhone, you don’t need to dial 112 n stuff? Right?

madasnirp5 years, 6 months ago

Right! I’ve now successfully hard rebooted my phone at least three times and I haven’t had to dial 112 or do any funny airplane mode business.

Just FYI, I have a custom firmware 4.3.3 built with PwnageTool with baseband 03.10.01.

Can you show me the pic of the front and back side of your Gevey Pro Plus SIM interposer? Thanks

JimBoto5 years, 6 months ago

I doubt it, it’s not even out yet. I think at most he has the Gevey Pro.

Gevey Pro never allows untethered unlock. You still need to dial 112 to get TMSI from your network :|

Seere Petrova5 years, 6 months ago

Hey thanks for clearing a little bit… but if at first it doesnt work should i keep repeating from step 2 on this guide??? cause push doctor no longer works

If you have installed Push Doctor, i will recommend you to restore your iPhone and then activate it using SAM. Do NOT install Push Doctor as it will only mess with your Push Notifications and SAM activation. Yes, you can repeat from step 2. It usually works after 2-3 tries.