iH8sn0w has just released PwnageTool bundle to jailbreak iOS 4.2.8 on Verizon iPhone 4. You can use this bundle to create iOS 4.2.8 custom IPSW which on restore through iTunes will jailbreak your Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.8 untethered. If you are a Windows user, you can use Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 (How-To) to create iOS 4.2.8 custom IPSW on Windows.
Steps to Patch PwnageTool 18.104.22.168 with iOS 4.2.8 PwnageTool Bundle:
- Download iTunes 10.2.2 for Mac OS X from here.
- Download PwnageTool 22.214.171.124 for Mac OS X from here.
- Download iOS 4.2.8 stock IPSW for Verizon iPhone 4 from here.
- Download iOS 4.2.8 PwnageTool bundle for Verizon iPhone 4 from here.
- Place PwnageTool 126.96.36.199 app, iOS 4.2.8 stock IPSW and PwnageTool bundle file on your desktop.
- Right-click on PwnageTool app and choose Show Package Contents.
- Navigate to Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ and drag or copy the bundle file (iPhone3,3_4.2.8_8E401.bundle) from your desktop to FirmwareBundles directory.
- Once done, close the opened window and launch PwnageTool app. Choose Expert mode from the top menu-bar and select iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 from the shown iDevices.
- Now PwnageTool will automatically detect stock iOS 4.2.8 IPSW on your desktop. If for some reason, PwnageTool fails to detect the IPSW from your desktop, click on the Browse for IPSW... button and choose iOS 4.2.8 stock IPSW you downloaded in step 3.
- Now follow this guide (STEP 6 to STEP 15) to create and restore iOS 4.2.8 custom IPSW on your iPhone. Once done, you can enjoy your full iOS 4.2.8 untethered jailbreak on your Verizon iPhone 4.