iPhone Dev-Team has just released Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15 to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on all supported iDevices except iPad 2. Just like PwnageTool 4.3.3 and Sn0wbreeze 2.7, this build of Redsn0w is based on i0n1c's untethered vulnerability which further uses Geohot's Limera1n exploit to inject the jailbreak. Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15 also lets you to enable custom boot animations and multitasking gestures on your iDevice.
NOTE: If you rely on an unlock or want to preserve the current baseband of your iPhone, do not follow this guide otherwise you will not be able to unlock your iPhone using Ultrasn0w 1.2.3. However iPod Touch 4G/3G, 1st-Gen iPad and those iPhone users who do not rely on an unlock can use Redsn0w to get iOS 4.3.3 untethered jailbreak on their iDevices. The guide below is valid for both Windows and Mac OS X users.
UPDATE#1: Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 to Fix iPhone 4/3GS Side Switch Vibrate Issue
Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 Untethered on Win & Mac Using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15:
- Download iTunes 10.2.2 for Windows or Mac OS X from here
- Download stock iOS 4.3.3 for IPSW for your iDevice from here. If you are an Apple TV 2G user, download iOS 4.3 (8F202) IPSW from here
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15 from here (Windows Mirror | Mac Mirror)
- Launch iTunes and restore your iDevice to stock iOS 4.3.3 firmware. To do so, hold down the SHIFT key (ALT on Mac) and hit the Restore button. Select stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW which you downloaded in step 2 and leave the rest on iTunes.
- Once your iDevice has been fully restored to stock iOS 4.3.3 firmware, launch Redsn0w and click on the Browse button. Choose stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW which you downloaded in step 2 and let Redsn0w process the provided IPSW. After Redsn0w has successfully identified your IPSW file, click on the Next > button to patch the kernel of a firmware.
- Once kernel has been successfully patched, you will be presented with number of jailbreak options. Choose Install Cydia and click on the Next > button. If you want to enable custom boot logos, choose Allow boot animation (Optional). Similary if you want to enable multitasking gestures on your iDevice, choose Enable multitask gestures (Optional).
- Connect your iDevice to your PC or Mac vis USB cable. Hold down the Power button to turn OFF your iDevice completely. Click on the Next > button to view the DFU instructions.
- Now you need to put your iDevice in DFU mode. To do so, hold down the Home+Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds. After exactly 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until Redsn0w detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
- As soon as Redsn0w will detect your iDevice in DFU mode, it will go through number of jailbreak steps including Exploiting with limera1n > Uploading first stage > Uploading ramdisk > Uploading kernel and more. If your iDevice gets stuck at any of these steps, follow this guide to set your CPU affinity to 1.
- Click on Finish button to close Redsn0w. Rest of the jailbreak progress can be seen on your iDevice screen. Once done, your iDevice will reboot itself automatically.