Yep, just like Nokia and Samsung phones, you can also send Flash SMS from your iPhone and can play funny pranks on your friends :D For those who don't know, Flash message is the one which is not stored in your phone's inbox but is displayed directly on its screen. Now here is a catch, other cellphones OS including Symbian, Android and Java lets you to view the cell number of sending party but iOS has a bug which keeps sending person anonymous ;)
Steps to Send Anonymous Flash SMS From a Jailbroken iPhone:
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone and add the following repo:
- Search and install iPhoneDelivery app.
- Once installed, go to Settings -> Messages and set Delivery report to Flash. Also turn Character Count ON.
- Go to Messages app and create a new message. Type your message with an exclamation mark ! in start and send it to any iPhone user you want :P In this case, its my boss :P
- This is how Flash message will appear on my boss's iPhone :P
WARNING: You can send a Flash message of max 160 characters. Sending a message with more than 160 characters will be received as a normal text message :PContact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback