Here is a step-by-step guide to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad with Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14. It is a tethered jailbreak for all supported iDevices and is only suitable to those iPhone users who do not rely on an unlock. Tethered jailbreak means you need to boot your iDevice into tethered jailbroken state using Redsn0w on every reboot.
NOTE: The procedure below is valid for both Windows & Mac OS X users. Following this tutorial will upgrade your iPhone 4 baseband to 04.10.01 and iPhone 3GS baseband to 05.16.02. In this tutorial i will be jailbreaking my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.2, however same tutorial is valid if you are trying to jailbreak iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G or 1st-Gen iPad on iOS 4.3.3
- Download iTunes 10.2.2 for Windows or Mac OS X from here
- Download stock iOS 4.3.2 for iDevice from here
- Download stock iOS 4.3.3 for your iDevice from here
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 for Windows or Mac OS X from here
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on Windows & Mac OS X Using Redsn0w:
- Restore stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW on your iDevice using iTunes. To do so, connect your iDevice to your PC or Mac and launch iTunes. In the summary page, hold down the SHIFT key (ALT for Mac) and click on the Restore button. Choose stock iOS 4.3.3 IPSW and leave the rest on iTunes.
- Once your iDevice has been restored to stock iOS 4.3.3 firmware, launch Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14. Click on the Browse button and choose stock iOS 4.3.2 IPSW (Not iOS 4.3.3 IPSW). Let Redsn0w process the firmware file. Once done, click on the Next button to patch the kernel of the provided firmware.
- Under the jailbreak options, choose Install Cydia option and click on the Next button. To enable boot animations on your iDevice, you can optionally choose Allow boot animation option. If you are iPhone 3GS users with 05.16.01 or 05.16.02 baseband, you can choose Install iPad baseband option to upgrade your baseband to 06.15.00. You MAY lose your GPS functionality on upgrading your current baseband to iPad baseband.
- Plug your iDevice to your PC or Mac and turn it OFF completely by pressing the Power button.
- Now put your iDevice into DFU mode using the following instructions:
- Hold down the Power (corner) button for 3 seconds.
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (bottom center) button for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 seconds until Redsn0w detects your iDevice in DFU mode.
Download iTunes 10.2.2 for Windows or Mac OS X
Download iOS 4.3.2 for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad 2,1st-Gen
Download iOS 4.3.3 for iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad 2,1st-Gen
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 for Windows [MediaFire Mirror]
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 for Mac [MediaFire Mirror]
UPDATE#1: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool Bundle [How-To Guide]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback