Here is a step-by-step tutorial to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on Mac OS X using unofficial PwnageTool bundle file. You can use this bundle to patch PwnageTool 4.3.2 which will then be able to create iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW file for your iPhone 4. Restoring the custom IPSW file on your iPhone 4 will not only jailbreak it on iOS 4.3.3 but will also preserve its current baseband version. Just like iOS 4.3.3 jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14, this is a tethered jailbreak for all supported iDevices with fully working Cydia.
Steps to Add iOS 4.3.3 PwnageTool Bundle to PwnageTool 4.3.2:
- Download and install iTunes 10.2.2 for Mac OS X from here
- Download stock iOS 4.3.3 for iPhone 4 from here
- Download iOS 4.3.3 PwnageTool bundle for iPhone 4 from here
- Download PwnageTool 4.3.2 for Mac OS X from here
- Place PwnageTool, iOS 4.3.3 IPSW and PwnageTool bundle file on your desktop.
- Right-click on PwnageTool app and choose Show Package Contents from the context-menu.
- Navigate to Contents/Resources/ and place the bundle file (iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2.bundle) in FirmwareBundles directory.
- Thats it. You have successfully added iOS 4.3.3 PwnageTool bundle for iPhone 4 to PwngaeTool 4.3.2
Steps to Create iOS 4.3.3 Custom IPSW Using PwnageTool:
- Launch PwnageTool, click on the Expert mode, select iPhone 3GS, 3G, 4 from the displayed options and click Next button to continue.
- Now wait while PwnageTool finds iOS 4.3.3 IPSW from your desktop. If for some reason PwnageTool fails to detect iOS 4.3.3 stock IPSW for iPhone 4 then click on Browse for IPSW... button to select it manually. Once done, click on the Next button to continue.
- Select the General tab and click on the Next button.
- If you rely on an unlocked iPhone or do not have official carrier SIM to activate your iPhone officially, choose Activate the iPhone (Hacktivate) option. If you do not rely on an unlocked iPhone, simply uncheck this option.
- Click on the Build tab and click on the Next button to continue.
- Now wait while PwnageTool cook iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW for your iPhone 4. During the creation of custom IPSW, PwnageTool will prompt you for the location to save iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW. PwnageTool might also prompt you for your administrator password.
- Once done, you can find the iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW on your desktop.
- Now use the instructions below to put your iPhone in DFU mode:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac vis USB cable
- Turn OFF your iPhone completely by pressing the Power button
- Hold down Home+Power button exactly for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until PwnageTool detects your iPhone in DFU mode.
Steps to Restore iOS 4.3.3 Custom IPSW Through iTunes:
- Once your iPhone is in DFU mode, launch iTunes and select your iDevice name from the side-panel.
- You will see two buttons on the summary-panel i-e Check for Update and Restore. Hold down the ALT (Option) key (SHIFT key for Windows) and click on the Restore button.
- Select iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW from your desktop and click Open to start the restore process.
- Now wait until iTunes restores the custom cooked iOS 4.3.3 IPSW on your iPhone. Once done, your iPhone will restart automatically and will get stuck at Apple logo with a spinner on it. This is because the current iOS 4.3.3 jailbreak using PwnageTool bundle is tethered. You need to boot your iPhone into tethered jailbroken state. To do so, follow the steps below to boot your iPhone into tethered jailbroken state using TetheredBoot Utility for Mac OS X.
Steps to Boot iDevice into Tethered Jailbroken State:
- Download TetheredBoot.zip utility from here and extract the zip on your desktop.
- Create a copy of iOS 4.3.3 custom IPSW you just created with PwnageTool. Rename it from .IPSW to .ZIP and extract it on your desktop. Once done, open the extracted directory and copy two files namely kernelcache.release.n90 and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu on your desktop.
- Create a new folder on your desktop and name it tetheredboot. Put kernelcache.release.n90, iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu, tetheredboot and itnl in this folder.
- Turn off your iPhone completely, open the Terminal app and use the command below:
- After executing the above command, Terminal will prompt you for your administrator password. Enter your administrator password and use the command below:
- After executing the above commands, you will see some code running on your Terminal screen. After a while, you will be prompted to put your iDevice into DFU mode. Use the following steps to put your iDevice into DFU mode:
/Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/tetheredboot /Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu /Users/Jaxov/Desktop/tetheredboot/kernelcache.release.n90
- Hold down Home and Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.
- Now your iDevice should be in DFU mode.
Now wait while your iPhone boots into a tethered jailbroken state. Once done, enjoy your iPhone jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3 with fully working Cydia on it.
NOTE: If for some reason TetheredBoot Utility for Mac OS X is unable to boot your iPhone into tethered jailbroken state, download Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 for Mac OS X from here and follow step 7 in this guide. You can easily boot into tethered jailbroken state using Redsn0w's Just boot tethered right now option, however the only drawback is that you need iOS 4.3.2 stock IPSW for your iDevice to get this option.
Unlock iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.3?
Unfortunately Ultrasn0w 1.2.2 is broken on iOS 4.3.3. Also there is no unofficial Ultrasn0w fixer for iOS 4.3.3 available right now. I have tested Gevey SIM to unlock my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.3 and its working fine. As soon as Dev-Team will update Ultrasn0w for iOS 4.3.3 or someone will release unofficial Ultrasn0w fixer for iOS 4.3.3, we will let you know.
UPDATE#1: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on Windows & Mac with Redsn0w 0.9.6RC14 [How-To Guide]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback