How to Install Installous 4.4.2 on iOS 4.3.3 to Get Cracked Apps on iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad?

After jailbreaking your iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G/3G & 1st-Gen iPad on iOS 4.3.3, you can install Installous 4.4.2 on your iDevice to try free premium iPhone apps before making a final purchase from App Store. For those who don't know, cracked apps are those iPhone apps whose DRM has been trimmed to make them run on every iDevice and the utility which is necessary to install and sync these cracked apps with iTunes is called AppSync.

IMPORTANT UPDATE 1/19/2013: Hackulous is now officially gone, so you won't be able to download Installous from the repository anymore. As an alternative, you can use other Cydia repos to download Installous from: (Best Cydia Repos 2011, Best Cydia Repos 2012, Best Cydia Repos 2013). Better yet, it is recommended that you check out these Installous replacements.

Download Installous

Steps to Install Installous 4.4.2 on iOS 4.3.3 Through Hackulous Repo:

1. First you need to jailbreak your iDevice on iOS 4.3.3 using Redsn0w, PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze tool. Once done, open Cydia on your jailbroken iDevice.
  2. AppSync iOS 4.3.3 (Cydia)

3. Tap on the Manage tap followed by a tap on Sources section. Now if you see Hackulo.us repo already added in your sources list, skip to step 4 otherwise continue to the next step.
  4. Cydia (Manage)

5. Now tap on the Edit button on the top-left and the tap on the Add button on the top-right. When prompted for source address, enter http://cydia.hackulo.us as Cydia/APT URL and tap on Add Source button.
  6. Cydia (Hackulous Repo)

7. Now wait while Cydia updates its repo list. Once done, tap on the Search tab at the bottom and type Installous in the search field.
  8. Search Installous

9. Select Installous 4 from the search results and tap on Install button on the top-right to install Installous on your iDevice.
  10. Installous 4.4.2

11. If for some reason you don't have a Wi-Fi access, you can still install Installous on your iDevice without Wi-Fi or SSH access. Just download Installous 4.4.2 DEB file from here, AppSync for 4.0+ (1.1-5) DEB from here and other necessary DEB files from here. Using iPhone Explorer, navigate to the following location and place all DEB files in AutoInstall directory.
  12. Location: /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall

Install Installous DEB File

13. After placing all DEB files in AutoInstall directory, reboot your iDevice. To install cracked IPA files without Wi-Fi, download them AppTracker and place them in the Downloads directory at the following location:
  14. Location: /var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads

Install IPA Files without SSH or Wifi

15. Open Installous app, go to the Downloads section, tap on the name of app and select Install option from the pop-up menu.

NOTE: We at Jaxov.com do not promote piracy in any way. This article is just for educational purpose only. I personally use Installous only to test apps before buying them from App Store.

Pdh3 years, 10 months ago

Also my friend, does this mean the phone was already jail broke? “whatever that means” lol. I know its on any network. But i just use it at home connected to router. As the battery dies after 45 minutes when out so i have to carry 2 phones. Lol. I want to upload download play do the lot. Will upgrade to 5 but not for ages yet. Please give me best advice and how and if i can get it back i cant even get the barcode app lol. Nothing i just use safari that it is. Would love your help mate thanks

Pdh3 years, 10 months ago

Hi promod. I have a iphone 3, it did have installous and another app on the home screen installed. But someone told me to press the on/off button and homepage button for 10 seconds. Witch i did. Ive now been told this is reset. They have disapeared. But icant download nothing or apps or when i click some links to watch you tube the phone crashs and gos back to homepage. Can i get it back or what do i have to do? I dont have ios 4.3 and evrey app i try to add says “this app needs ios 4.3” PLEASE HELP MATE thankyou

Ajhar4 years, 11 months ago

I got ipod 4g and i updated to 4.3.3 i jailbroken it from jailbreakme.com and i got cydia i installed installious 4 BUT when i go to search for an app to download it says no results for anything if i type in the letter A it would say no results if i type S it would say NO RESULTS so i have to go through the long way through categories and hope it there PLZ REPLY

Cannot install Source!!!!!4 years, 11 months ago

The second step with offline mode works for me, but still I’m curious. I tried the first one, and try to install the source and my cydia wouldn’t install it. can you help me? It says: “usr/lib/apt/methods/http could not be found” but with iExplorer I can find it ._. admin, do you know how to fix it?

omar5 years, 2 months ago

thanx…………….it works

maddik5 years, 2 months ago

just finish restoring from itunes, again no app store and safari? can i just claim that after i updated to 4.3.5 on itunes, app store and safari is missing? it became typical phone, i cannot go to apple store and browse internet.

Check under Settings->General->Restrictions to make sure that the AppStore & Safari apps are enabled / toggled to ON.

maddik5 years, 2 months ago

i installed installous 4.4.2 and install application but when im trying to delete the x button on home screen didn’t appear, on itunes i cannot undo the check or uncheck the app selection but others works fine. i notice that after upgrading to 4.3.5 the app store and safari is gone.. any idea?

Install CyDelete from Cydia. That should bring the cross mark for all your apps downloaded from Cydia as well.

rhino5 years, 2 months ago

I just upgraded my iphone 4 to ios 4.3.3 and it’s succeed, and once i install installous, it’s said it’s removing ultrasnow , and I made a mistake of installing installous two times (was in the midle of chatting)..no my iphone couldn’t get network signal again..
    should I remove installous? should i re- do installing ultrasnow?
    what should i do? thank you.

Yes, uninstall Installous & reinstall Ultrasn0w. That should fix your issue.

Shak5 years, 3 months ago

Thanks I got hackulo on cydia now but when I try to install installous it’s coming up with cannot comply any suggestions plz

Make sure that your installing the right version of Installous for the current iOS version that your on like 3.0+ , 4.0+ & 5.0+.

Shak5 years, 3 months ago

Can u help me plz, I’ve tried to download hackulo via cydia buy it’s coming up with an error message no data 1 no data 2 ?

You mean adding in the Hackulo repo right? Try the same after a few hours. Its probably a temporary server issue.

Christian5 years, 3 months ago

When I’m trying to download an app I get “Invalid IPA” can you help by any way?

Bianca5 years, 4 months ago

you are of great help!! THANK YOU…:D

Tom5 years, 4 months ago

When i try downloading installous it comes up with error messages about http something during the download, then after it says the download is complete i cant find installous on my springboard??

Just retry the download after a few hours. Its probably due to a congestion at the server side which has caused the incomplete download.

John5 years, 4 months ago

Thanks a lot for this tutorial.

Mark konik5 years, 4 months ago

This link helped me solve slot of my problems hope it helps

Tanamay5 years, 4 months ago

Does this work on the ipad2. Ios 4.3.3. Please help!

Yes it does work on a jailbroken iPad2 as well.

Joel5 years, 4 months ago

Yes, I have Cydia in my Home Screen but I put it in a Group folder… this is what happen.. after jailbreaking my iphone I installed 10 repos “TOP TEN” which I found on your site. When I try to installed Installous 4 for Hackulo.us I received a error message “size mismatch”..(please advise) and so I turn to this alternative using iPhoneExplorer I received that said error “You are accessing a non Jailbreak dir. with your iPhone connected to a Jailbreak Interface.”… huhuhu…

Instead, use iFunBox as an alternative to the iPhone Explorer. Go ahead and download it from here.

Joel5 years, 4 months ago

I Jailbreak my iphone 3gs using JB 3.0 and I’m using iPhoneExplorer but everytime I drag the DEB files in AutoInstall folder that Ive created I received a Warning Message “You are accessing a non Jailbreak dir. with your iPhone connected to a Jailbreak Interface. File that you copy in this manner have system level access priviledges and cannot modified or removed by Apps running in your iPhone. To avoid this issue change the any root directory that is not the Jailbreak root.”….

Are you sure you have Cydia installed on your Home Screen?

sioux5 years, 4 months ago

I will try i-FunBox. Thank you so much for the source and info provided by Jaxov.com and to you Pramod.. I will share this site to my friends.. You’re the best…Have a great day!… thanks

Sioux5 years, 4 months ago

Hello Wolverine,

I mistakenly deleted my media folder and I try to Add Media Again and Cydia and AutoInstall but everytime i try to overwrite the name it alway appear “Untitled Folder”… Please help..

thanks

Use i-FunBox as an alternative to the iPhone file explorer that your using right now on your PC. Download it from here. That should work just fine.

Mark konik5 years, 4 months ago

Ipad 2 jail broken from jailbreakme.com…. Worked great installed tons of files but for some reason installous crashes when I try to download with certain downloaders like file ape and 2 shared.. Works fine on iPhone 4… Running iOS 4.3.3.. Thanx for the feedback.. Btw did app sync and installous and reinstalled… Same outcome … Thanks

A possible incompatibility issue specific to the iPad2 alone.

sunny5 years, 4 months ago

joseph,

cudnt find in my cydia even after add in the sources. i have jailbreak it at jailbreakme.com. cud u guide me?

What are you trying to find? Could you please explain it more?

joseph5 years, 5 months ago

i’m using it also in my ipad 2… thank you very much!!!

joseph5 years, 5 months ago

nice!! i’m trying my luck yesterday.. reboot and jailbreak again.. then today morning is my lucky day.. thanks! you’r a man!!..

Bill5 years, 5 months ago

Hey guys i need help i do all step’s and then some app miss.Then after reboot my iphone don’t open.Is stuck. Iphone4 4.3.3 8j2
    i do this
    /var/root/Media/unknowfolder/all debs files and then some app miss for my iphone and now is not open.
    not this
    /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall

EDIT: if someone’s have same problem with me he should press hold button and power button for some seconds and then leave power button to saw you iphone monitor icon to connect with itunes to take a restore.
    Sorry and thanks guys.I try again correctly now ;)I’am newbbie but i learn quickly

Melissa5 years, 5 months ago

I’ve recently downloaded installous 4.4.2 on my iphone 4 but everytime i press the browse button, installous just hangs thus i cant seem to download anything. HELP!

In case Installous isn’t working for you, then try this. Download the IPA file for your iDevice from http://apptrackr.org and sync it back to your iDevice with iTunes. It’ll still install it just like how Installous would do it for you.

Derek magalong5 years, 5 months ago

Why no ipad 2

Because the iPad2 cannot be jailbroken yet. Installing Installous requires your iDevice to be jailbroken.

Kanu5 years, 5 months ago

I have an Factory unlocked iphone 4 v4.3.1 and i want to install cydia on it witout spoiling it can anyone suggest how to do dat………..thnQ

Charlartin5 years, 5 months ago

I had been to many other sites looking for this information and the rest were all to complicated , and they were also very frustrating?.I just wanted to say this site is Awsome , straight forward so even the technological inept as mysel can follow these instructions and instal this program. I would rate this sit a 10 out of 10 and would recommend it to friends and family ??

Thank you very much Charlartin. :)

kodu5 years, 6 months ago

I did like this tutorial put I have problem with installous, it seach put if I press download nothing happens.
    Please help.

kodu5 years, 6 months ago

put if i put .ipa files manuali installous download folder (with iphone explorer) everything works fine

Sometimes, the file your trying to download via Insatallous may not be available on the server or the server might be down and so its not able to retrieve your file for downloading. I’m sure that this issue doesn’t happen for every app you try to download via Installous. Try to download other apps and let us know if its causing the same issue. Hope it helps. :)

William5 years, 6 months ago

Hey!
    I´ve jailbreaked my ipod, but when i use Iphone Explorer i locate var/root/media but there´s no cydia map there. I located a cydia map in var/lib/cydia and I try to install the deb files but it doesnt work!

William5 years, 6 months ago

Btw, the only thing that I can see that I did wrong is that i used Redsn0w 0.9.6RC16 instead of Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15 but I can´t see why that would make any diffrence and I can´t find any Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15 to download :S .

Patrick5 years, 6 months ago

Nops. See my previous reply. Its not the jailbreak error!

Patrick5 years, 6 months ago

You need to manually create Cydia and AutoInstall directory in var/root/media :)

Ryan5 years, 6 months ago

Hey,
    I’ve got installous 4 and appsync installed. When syncing with my Mac, my cracked apps still disappear. I’ve restarted, resprung, removed and reinstalled installous and appsync with no success. Thoughts?

Running iOS 4.3.3

confussed5 years, 6 months ago

i do everything as u say but the app installous does not appear on my iphone……..idk what is causing the problem..please help

Reboot or respring your iPhone once you have installed all DEB files.

confussed5 years, 6 months ago

What do u mean my DEB files….i use a mac and do have wifi

Oops :oops: I thought you used the manual method http://bit.ly/kDFSjQ Ok. When you go to Cydia -> Manage -> Packages, do you see Installous which a tick sign (✔) on it?

One Shark5 years, 6 months ago

That was fast! Searched this for hours hoping there would be, alas! Thanks alot! :)

Dankbox5 years, 7 months ago

I was successful with Jailbreaking, installing Appsync and Installous on my Ipad my first try without ANY errors or problems… in a few hours.

Honestly, I am extremely impressed… the tutorials are straight-forward and legit.

Great Site, Thanks again…