Good news for those who have legitimately bought Celeste (Bluetooth App) from ModMyi repo. Now you can install Celeste on iOS 4.3.3 without spoofing your SystemVersion.plist file. For those who don't know, Celeste is a famous Bluetooth app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad which allows you to send photos, songs, notes, videos, contacts and more easily from your iDevice to any other Bluetooth supported device.
As Celeste depends on Action Menu app which is not compatible with iOS 4.3.x, so it is not possible to install Celeste on iOS 4.3.x directly using Cydia. Previously we shared a method which involves spoofing of your SystemVersion.plist file which tricked Cydia to think as if you are running an older firmware. Though the trick worked well for many but still it troubled those who were using Ultrasn0w fixer to unlock their iPhone.
Steps to Install Celeste on iOS 4.3.3 Through Cydia:
If you have bought Celeste legitimately using ModMyi repo and want to install it on iOS 4.3.3 without messing with the filesystem of your iDevice, follow the steps below:
- Of course you need to jailbreak your iDevice first. You can get iOS 4.3.3 untethered jailbreak on your iDevice by using PwnageTool 4.3.2, Sn0wbreeze 2.7 or Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15.
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iDevice. Tap on the Manage tab followed by a tap on Sources section. If you see xSellize repo already added to your Cydia sources, skip to next step. If you do not find xSellize repo, tap on Edit button on the top-left and then tap on Add button on the top-right. Enter http://cydia.xsellize.com as Cydia/APT URL and hit Add Source button.
- Tap on the Search tab at the bottom and then type Action Menu in the search field. Choose Action Menu from xSellize from the search results and hit the Install button on the top-right. After installing Action Menu, hit the Reboot Device button in Cydia to restart your iDevice.
- Now simply login into your account from Cydia homepage and install Celeste Bluetooth File Sharing App from ModMyi repo.
- Once installed, tap on the Restart Springboard button to activate Celeste on your iDevice. Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi with an active internet connection otherwise Celeste will fail to activate it from CocoaNuts server.
- If the xSellize version of Action Menu do not help you to send songs from stock iPod app, use this guide as an alternative. All other options of Celeste works perfectly on iOS 4.3.3.
You must spoof your SystemVersion.plist as shown in the screenshot below:
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback
You can either use iFile or iPhone Explorer to edit your SystemVersion.plist file. Once done, reboot your iPhone and install Action Menu+Celeste from BYA repo. Once you have successfully installed Celeste, respring your iDevice. If for some reason Celeste do not activate itself, go to SBSettings and turn ON Bluetooth and Celeste. When the Bluetooth and Celeste icon turns green, hit the Respring button in SBSettings. Last but not the least, change ProductBuildVersion and ProductVersion back to 8J3 and 4.3.3 respectively.