If for some reason SAM for iOS 4.3.3 is unable to fix Push Notifications and Cannot Connect to YouTube error on your iPhone, you can still install Push Doctor as a SAM alternative to enable these functions on your hacktivated iPhone. For those who don't know, to enable Push Notifications and fix YouTube error, you need legitimate activation certs which you can get either by activating your iPhone through SAM or by installing Push Doctor on it.
The following guide will help you in installing Push Doctor through Cydia. However it is always recommended to give SAM a shot before installing Push Doctor because SAM not only enables fully working Push Notifications and fix YouTube but also provides you with much improved battery life.
Steps to Enable Push Notifications & Fix YouTube Error on iOS 4.3.3
- Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone. If you haven't jailbroken your iPhone yet, use our Sn0wbreeze, PwnageTool or Redsn0w guide to jailbreak it on iOS 4.3.3 untethered.
- Tap on the Manage tab followed by a tap on Sources section. If you see repo.insanelyi.com already added in your sources list, skip to step 4 otherwise proceed to the next step below.
- Tap on Edit button on the top-right corner of Cydia followed by a tap on Add button on the top-left corner. When Cydia will prompt you for the repo address, enter http://repo.insanelyi.com as Cydia/APT URL and tap on Add Source button.
- Now wait while Cydia download packages and updates its sources database. Once done, tap on Search tab at the bottom and type Push Doctor in the search field.
- Select Push Doctor from the search results and tap on Install button on the top-right.
- Now wait while Cydia installs Push Doctor and all of its dependencies on your iPhone. Once done, tap on Reboot Device button to restart your iPhone. Last but not the least, download iPusher app from App Store and tap on Test Push Notifications button to see if Push Notifications are working fine or not. To test Push Notifications using iPusher app, you must be connected to a Wi-Fi network with an active internet connection.
- Ideally Push Doctor should also fix Cannot connect to YouTube error but if for some reason your YouTube app still not works, just repeat step 1 to step 6 and install YouTube Fix #1 from Pushfix repo http://cydia.pushfix.info. Once done, reboot your iPhone and hopefully your YouTube app will never throw Cannot connect to YouTube error again.
UPDATE#1: Push Notifications Not Working on iOS 4.3.3 After Using SAM? [How To Fix]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback