How to Fix Push Notifications & YouTube on iOS 4.3.3 with Push Doctor?

If for some reason SAM for iOS 4.3.3 is unable to fix Push Notifications and Cannot Connect to YouTube error on your iPhone, you can still install Push Doctor as a SAM alternative to enable these functions on your hacktivated iPhone. For those who don't know, to enable Push Notifications and fix YouTube error, you need legitimate activation certs which you can get either by activating your iPhone through SAM or by installing Push Doctor on it.

Push Notifications on iOS 4.3.3

The following guide will help you in installing Push Doctor through Cydia. However it is always recommended to give SAM a shot before installing Push Doctor because SAM not only enables fully working Push Notifications and fix YouTube but also provides you with much improved battery life.

Steps to Enable Push Notifications & Fix YouTube Error on iOS 4.3.3

1. Open Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone. If you haven't jailbroken your iPhone yet, use our Sn0wbreeze, PwnageTool or Redsn0w guide to jailbreak it on iOS 4.3.3 untethered.
  2. Cydia (iOS 4.3.3)

3. Tap on the Manage tab followed by a tap on Sources section. If you see repo.insanelyi.com already added in your sources list, skip to step 4 otherwise proceed to the next step below.
  4. Tap on Edit button on the top-right corner of Cydia followed by a tap on Add button on the top-left corner. When Cydia will prompt you for the repo address, enter http://repo.insanelyi.com as Cydia/APT URL and tap on Add Source button.
  5. Insanelyi Repo Address

6. Now wait while Cydia download packages and updates its sources database. Once done, tap on Search tab at the bottom and type Push Doctor in the search field.
  7. Search Push Doctor in Cydia

8. Select Push Doctor from the search results and tap on Install button on the top-right.
  9. Push Doctor 1.01-1

10. Now wait while Cydia installs Push Doctor and all of its dependencies on your iPhone. Once done, tap on Reboot Device button to restart your iPhone. Last but not the least, download iPusher app from App Store and tap on Test Push Notifications button to see if Push Notifications are working fine or not. To test Push Notifications using iPusher app, you must be connected to a Wi-Fi network with an active internet connection.
  11. Ideally Push Doctor should also fix Cannot connect to YouTube error but if for some reason your YouTube app still not works, just repeat step 1 to step 6 and install YouTube Fix #1 from Pushfix repo http://cydia.pushfix.info. Once done, reboot your iPhone and hopefully your YouTube app will never throw Cannot connect to YouTube error again.
  12. YouTube Fix for iOS 4.3.3

UPDATE#1: Push Notifications Not Working on iOS 4.3.3 After Using SAM? [How To Fix]

PhoenikS4 years, 9 months ago

here is the solution, works 100%

Amir Abulohom4 years, 10 months ago

does not work, try to find a solution and don’t ignore the members.

briggs4 years, 10 months ago

this is my third attempt at installing PushDoctor without success.. please provide the link to check when there will be available certs

mahmoud ab14 years, 11 months ago

i ve restarted my phone 14 times now and its still stuck on the loading screen

mobly5 years, 1 month ago

Does this work for ios 5? are there any solutions for ios 5?

Using SAM is the solution to officially activate your iOS 5 incase you do not have the legit carrier SIM.

eran5 years, 1 month ago

I checked the numbers on push Doctor for four days and says Remaining: 0 Does not that get high

Yep, it does, but you would need to wait until the counter refills.

eran5 years, 1 month ago

I have to download SAM to download push Doctor?

eran5 years, 1 month ago

It can also be version 4.2.1

Yes, SAM also works on iOS 4.2.1.

twa5 years, 1 month ago

i have an iphone 3g IOS 4.1. installed pushdoc and it got stuct on configuring and wouldnt go any further. i rebooted my phone 8 times and still cydia wont load so i cant redownload! help!

Its because there are no certs available from Push Doctor anymore. So, you will need to wait until the counters refill.

Restart the phone and click on Cydia until it goes back to the homescreen. It usually works after the 5th or 6th restart. Cydia freezes because it still thinks you’re installing software even after a force-quit/hard restart.

Amir5 years, 2 months ago

hallo, i have officially unlocked iphone 4 v 4.3.3 , after jailbreak my Notifications are not working i have tried push doctor but during the installation it hangs up than i have to retore mt cydia again . any welling to help thaanks.
    Edit: there is a solution by using iphone folder go to var- lib- dpkg- updates and then delete all files in updates >>>> restart ur iphone it should work . it worked with me

During the update dpkg will store status of the installation of packages there. This is how an incomplete install process can be detected when the next packages is to be installed, and the system asks to use “dpkg-configure -a”. After a successful installation, the directory should be empty.
      So, SSH / use any kind of explorer & find yourselves at the /var/lib/dpkg/updates/ location & delete all the incomplete package lists from this folder & reboot.

Daniel5 years, 2 months ago

Hi! I’ve tried installing Push doctor in Cydia. But when the install bar is at the end, it hangs on “configuring Push Doctor”. I’ve tried to restart the phone several times, but Cydia is still stuck on the Loading screen.

Any ideas?

It should work by atleast the 5th / 6th reboot. Is it still behaving in the same manner?

habbe5 years, 2 months ago

Hey I have a Iphone 3gs, 4.3.3, and when I install Push Doctor, it just stops at ” configuring Push doctor ” and doesn’t want to move at all, I’ve tried to restart the phone , but it doesn’t work! I live in sweden btw. (: SO i don’t have these weird sim cards and stuff.

Quit it & retry the PushDoctor install. It should go through just fine w/o any issues as Push Doctor does have alot of push certs right now for everyone.

dyal5 years, 2 months ago

nw i install the sam after install cydia show restart springboard . . . thn i click in restart . . . so in sam do not show the revert lockdown option . . nd also show in information wildcard activated . . . thn i chck in i pusher but nthng show i pusher . . . so plz help me . . .

Quit it & reopen iPusher. It should work by then. If not, use iPush Test to confirm the receipt of push certs. You can get the same from the AppStore.

Emily5 years, 2 months ago

Hi, I’ve got 4.2.2 and have tried to downloasd pushdoctor but for some reason it hasn’t downloaded properly and now Cydia is stuck just saying “loading” and won’t let me do anything else – what can I do now? I have tried restarting the phone.

Cydia freezes because it still thinks you’re installing Push Doctor even after a force-quit/hard restart. The only way to unfreeze everything is by restarting the phone and clicking on Cydia until it goes back to the homescreen. It usually works after the 5th or 6th restart.

dyal5 years, 2 months ago

last night i have install the push doctor but in cydia at last confugring push doctor is still hang it. does not instal the push doctor . . . what can i do that for notification . . .

Re-download PushDoctor again to see if the issue gets resolved. Are you by any chance erroring out at Subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1.
      If everything else fails, try using SAM. Read http://bit.ly/mDpDwr.

dyal5 years, 2 months ago

hii
    i using the iphone 4 with gevey sim card in ios 4.3.3 but i have dnt recive the push notification , like whatsaap ,facebook etc . . . can u plz help me with solution . . . in better way . . .

You can use SAM instead of PushDoctor. Read this http://bit.ly/mDpDwr.
      First, uninstall all the social apps that you have installed on your device. This is very important.
      Next, use SAM to activate your iP4 officially via iTunes. Once its Wildcard Activated from SAM, check if your push is working for normal stock apps.
      Once confirmed, go ahead & install the social apps back & wait for the push to work again.

suraz thapa5 years, 2 months ago

i m using i phone 4.3.3….but m having problem…i cant get push notification for facebook….can u help me…how to fix it…does push doctor fix it or not…………plz plz help me

Do you have the legit SIM that came officially locked to your iPhone?

Drew5 years, 3 months ago

wonderfull fix! tnx!

jadeyang5 years, 5 months ago

if i wan in malaysia , can i do it ??
    because i try be4 and i need to restore my iphone again …
    can i do anything to work my notification ??

Yes, you can very well give PushDoctor a try. Just follow this guide closely and it should work just fine.

SK5 years, 5 months ago

I am really afraid to bring iPhone back to that locked and inactive state .. Do I have to follow the whole
    procedure again because it’s scary
    can I install SAM and run it … Will it put my iPhone in dfu mode ?

No, SAM will not put your iPhone into a DFU mode and neither will it lock your iPhone. You can go ahead and install SAM just like how it is suggested in the guide without any fear.

SK5 years, 5 months ago

Hi, I have iPhone 2G ,3.1.3 firmware, jailbeoken and unlocked, eversince I restored my phone and updated it to 3.1.3 the push notifications are not working at all , I installed push doctor from merv it prompted to install nimble and inject too , I installed both but still no notification
    I came to kno. About push donor I installed that too it didn’t work eventually push doctor from insanelyi worked for a week but I did a mistake that I unistalled a package I think it was app sync 3.1 from hackulus and installed appsync 3.1.+ something went qrong now I am completely confused
    I have question
    1. Wht effects the efficacy of push doctor ( I mean any other app to b added or deleted )
    2. Should I delete push donor and nimble
    3. I installed all in one app that was from repositories section it had “all sources ” package and I installed it but my iPhone wasn’t showing any sign of comfort hence I uninstalled it but some sources were still there so I manually uninstalled them , DO THEY EFFECT THE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS ???
    4. if I install push doctor one day and reinstall it the other day does it make any difference ??
    Pls answer all these question .. It would b extremely nice of u .. I am pretty tired of installing and uninstalling …. Pls HELP

Your Push isn’t working fine because your iPhone is still Hacktivated. Since you have tried your hand at PushDoc, give SAM a try. SAM performs much better and will get you officially activated in no time. Follow this guide: http://bit.ly/mDpDwr . The procedure is the same for all iPhones. :)

SK5 years, 5 months ago

Hi, does SAM work on 2G iPhone 3.1.3 FW .. Can I install it just like that ??
        Pls reply back

by the way, I have this iPhone for past 5 yrs when iPhone was hardly seen ,and wasn’t aware of it’s potential … It’s great!! any way just let me know can we turn 2G into 3G ?

What’s the difference between 2 and 3G other than physical features??

Yes, SAM indeed will work on the iP2G. Unfortunately, you cannot convert a 2G to a 3G.
          1. 2G has only compatibility upto 3.1.3 but 3G is upto 4.2.1
          2. 2G has no 3G support & GPS but iP3G has them.
          3. 2G has a less powerful Wi-Fi antenna when compared to 3G.
          4. Audio quality in the 3G is far better than its counterpart.
          5. Assisted GPS is missing in the 2G.
          6. 2G does not support Multitasking & Game center.

SK5 years, 5 months ago

Thanks a lot ..
            God bless u !!!
            I will try and let u know…

Seere Petrova5 years, 5 months ago

hiii me again.. my push notifications with sam got wreck again so i just uninstalled, i checked on push doctor web page and there are certifications again,. so i wonder should i restore iphone install push doctor then install my bakup from itunes or first the back up then push doctor…??’

If SAM never worked for you, PushDoc will. Restore/uninstall of the iOS is not required at all. Install PushDoc directly from InsanelyI’s repo and run it to get your Push Certs.

Seere Petrova5 years, 5 months ago

what if oush doctor doesnt work… las time that was yesterday couldnt get it to work no matter how many times i retry… ipusher is just not picking it up. actually the notifications get wrecked when i reset my iphone.. you know by pressing home and power…

Raja Amer5 years, 6 months ago

Hi
    Jb and unlocked iPhone 4 4.3.3 wildcard activated with SAM. FaceTime enabled with push notifications not working at all. Followed steps provided on this page except deleting files. Help is needed desperately.

If your SAM is showing your ActivationState as WildcardActivated, your Push Notifications are also good to go. Please download the iPusher App from the Apple Store and follow this guide http://bit.ly/lkxEIH to confirm if your Push Notifications are working fine or not. Hopefully it should since you have got FaceTime working good as well. :)

Musica Stefan5 years, 6 months ago

@Wolverine
    Thx man, u saved my life :-)
    Greetz
    Stefan

Kinky Jake5 years, 6 months ago

is there any way to get the push notifications to work using the original sim i.e. AT&T sim card. Just to get the apple push server to activate?

Ofcourse YES! If you have official and active AT&T SIM, this will solve all issues.

Seere Petrova5 years, 5 months ago

i used my att card to activated then use ultrasn0w to unlock it…. everything working so far… then i hat to reset my iphone by pressing power and home… notifications are now not working anymore… any ideas… i dont really want to restore by itunes… i tried installing push doctor thank god the certifications are up again… but still i pusher not picking anything up

If you had the official SIM that came with your iPhone, you don’t need either SAM or PushDoc. These are meant for only those who don’t have the official carrier locked SIM. Pop in your official SIM to activate via iTunes and everything will work just fine for you. (You need not tick the Hacktivate option while cooking your Custom FW.)

Seere Petrova5 years, 5 months ago

my notifications are working.. now i think… but by downloading push checker to see if my certifications are unique… it says that their not… even if i download push doctor… it says the same… not unique and that atleast 85 people are using the same certs that im using… any ideas…???

I really don’t think it matters unless your having issues with the Push. If you really want a unique cert, you can Remove & reinstall PushDoc to get another new cert for your iPhone and check them again.

Kinky Jake5 years, 6 months ago

Ok, did it! Still not working! Do i need to do anything else besides the instructions.

Pl help!

Nops. I told you all the options available. Either you are missing some steps or there is some issue on the iOS side. You better restore your iPhone and then install SAM.

Kinky Jake5 years, 6 months ago

Do i need to sync something, i just did the whole cycle of restoring, hacktivating and then installed SAM…
    Do I need to sync something?

Nops. Just sync it once with iTunes. However you can sync any app or song optionally.

Kinky Jake5 years, 6 months ago

Yes, also did this:
    The script files in /var/lib/dpkg/info/ are corrupt. Navigate to /var/lib/dpkg/info/ and delete all files in info directory. Before doing so, create a backup of info directory and in worst case, restore it using iPhone Explorer. After removing all files from info directory, go to Cydia -> Changes and hit the Refresh button on the top-left.

still nothing! :(

You mean you are still getting the same dpkg error? If yes then i will recommend you to restore your iPhone instead of bricking your iPhone by unintentionally deleting any important file.

Kinky Jake5 years, 6 months ago

Did it, still not working :(

Kinky Jake5 years, 6 months ago

I tried all of the above mentioned in the posts and in the comments. Nothing Worked :(.

Just wanted to ask you a couple of questions, hope you have the time to reply. Really appreciate it!

1) I jailbroke my iphone 3GS on 4.2.1(Jailbroken, Hacktivated, ultrasn0w) and installed an app called “i2i chat” worked fine, i had a app store id(lets call it Jakey) i used the id and installed it and created an id on i2i chat(lets call it J1).

Then I upgraded to 4.3.1 (Jailbroken, Hacktivated, ultrasn0w) tried to download i2i chat using app store id Jakey, app store told me its already installed. I created another app store id(lets call it Jimmy) and installed i2i chat, push notifications stopped but i2i chat recognized my phone and displayed my username J1.

Then Upgraded to 4.3.3 (Jailbroken, Hacktivated, ultrasn0w) same procedure, push not working. Signed in appstore

My question is, what did i do that was wrong, how do i fix it?

2) If i use a cracked version of Whatsapp messenger (which will not need a app store id) will push work in theory.

I used SAM btw, nice, was cool to see my number displayed on itunes :D. However, i think i have done something wrong. Would appreciate if you could correct my fundamentals, regarding apple’s push server.

Regards,
    Jake

Yes, the Push Notifications of cracked version of WhatsApp works fine. Just activate your iPhone with SAM and download iPusher app http://bit.ly/gRBE9F from App Store. Also use this step-by-step guide to activate your iPhone with SAM on iOS 4.3.3 http://bit.ly/kRl3Qw

Hady5 years, 6 months ago

i get this error when i try to install:

subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code 1

they both appear in red at the end of the installation, preceded by

“something went wrong. likely the server is down or the certs have run out. try again later.”

can someone guide me on that?
    Thanks in advance

Follow this guide http://bit.ly/hTK3v8 and reboot your iPhone. Once done, go to Cydia -> Changes and hit the Refresh button on the top-left. Try installing Push Doctor now. I was wondering why you are not installing SAM instead of Push Doctor?

Hady5 years, 6 months ago

Thanks for trying to help me, i tried what you suggested, i got the same error :(

i tried SAM as well but when i test it with push notification it does not work :(

Do you see your Activation Status as Wildcard Activated in SAM?

Hady5 years, 6 months ago

Yes i do. I already tried the recommendations that you posted on the other topic about SAM but did not work for me

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

I have problem too with install push doctor the error is this: sub process /usr/bin/dpkg/ returned an error code (1) and:subprocess post-installation script returned error exit
    How can i fix it on iphone 4 4.3.3?

See the reply to Hady below.

Still not work:(

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

Pls help me what can i do is there a download link on safari to download and install it on ifile?

You can not install Push Doctor DEB using iFile app because it is depends on other necessary libraries which must install along with it.

If you are still getting the same error then i will recommend you to restore your iPhone. It should definitely enable Push Notifications and fix Cydia /usr/bin/dpkg error.

Hady5 years, 6 months ago

Hi Nemeth, let me tell what did i do and worked for me,
            1- i restored my phone while using unofficial SIM (not AT&T in my case) and redsnow,
            2- then i added repo.bingner.com to cydia sources
            3- then installed SAM and SAMprefs, before unlocking
            4- then from SAM utilities i did (revert) as mentioned above
            5- i connected the phone to itunes to activate
            6- i tested Push, didnt work
            7- backup and restore activation as instructed above (worked)
            8- i unlocked the phone
            9- if you lost the push notification again (repeat step 7)

hope this helps

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

I have been restored my iphone but the same problem:(

You tried the above suggestions by Hady?

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

Hy Handy my T-mobile sim card can’t unlock my iphone using SAM becouse the itunes sad the sim card does not …(maybe not good or something). So for the push notification fix i only have push doctor:(

T-Mobile SIM card works perfectly with SAM. You are probably missing some important step.

No my Tmobile card is not good :(

What you mean by not good? It is ugly in looks? :lol:

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

Itunes shows after sam The sim card inserted in this Iphone does not appear to be supported. (only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate Iphone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your Iphone or visit a supported Carrier’s store to receive a replacement SIM card

I think there is something wrong with your T-Mobile SIM. Is there any other SIM card around you which you haven’t tried?

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

No and if i buy another T mobile sim card?

Again its your own decision. I will recommend you to try the SIM cards of you friends or any other family member near you. This will clear out the confusion if this is the problem with your T-Mobile SIM card or not.

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

But what can i do with this error becouse i and download Installous and push doctor :(::(:(::(:(:(:(:(:(:( pls elp me im very angry:@

Whats the relation between Installous and Push Doctor? Listen, restore your iPhone and do not install SAM this time. Just install Push Doctor and reboot your iPhone. Sync it with iTunes and install iPusher. Restart iPhone and then test Push Notifications using iPusher.

Hady5 years, 6 months ago

I know what you mean, i did not mean you are going to unlock with SAM, you just follow steps that i wrote till step 7 then at step 8 do that:

8- In Cydi a> Manage > Sources > Edit > Add: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com
          then install ultrasn0w

all i meant i just postponed this step till i manage to install SAM and test push on the wifi, after just activating the phone (step 1-7) then i unlocked it step 8

NB: i got the same message that u r talking about and ignored it try that and let me know if it works

after unlocking u can re-test the push if didnot work try step 9 in my reply below.

Hope it works this time, it took me sometime but it worked this way and stable for 3 days now

I Cant unlock my iPhone with ultran0w and i want the push notification to fix

What is your baseband version?

I CANT UNLOCK IT! But it not problem but this error is problem so help me

Hady5 years, 6 months ago

Is your phone unlockable? what’s your baseband? how do u usually unlock it? if you cant do it with ultrasnow, you wont be able to do it other ways

Hady5 years, 6 months ago

man, u r not letting us help u
            we asked u many questions that u never answer????!!!

This is what i am saying. @Németh: You need to provide us detailed info of errors you are getting.

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

Ok so listen i have an iphone 4 4.3.3 jailbreaked i use Gevey sim and my T-mobile SIM card dont work with sam but not this is the problem! The problem is when i try to download push Doctor cydia shows after downloading: sub process /usr/bin/dpkg/ returned an error code (1) and: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit. I have been restored my iphone and tried to download push doctor but it shows again the same error :( so pls help my

Hady5 years, 6 months ago

ok Sounds good, but we wanted to tell you that push doctor has this error that i myself and others tried to overcome and we failed, so the only way is using SAM, and try any sim card other than the one u tried, and please follow the steps that i told you about and let me know which one specifically is not working just tell me the no. of the step,

Again, push doctor kept giving me the same message u get, so i’m not talking about PUSH doctor, i’m talking about SAM and i’ve exactly same phone as yours

If this is okay with you so forget about PUSH doctor (this is what insanelyi admin himself told me) and use SAM and let’s help u to get it to work, if you insist on using PUSH doctor, i’ve nothing useful to help with

wishh u the best of luck anyways

This person named Sanad managed to solve it. Followed same step as urz http://bit.ly/jraZ1h

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

Okay but can i fix the error or not becouse the appsync could not be synced becouse it shows the same error:(

Why don’t you restore your iPhone to get rid of all Cydia errors? It hardly takes less than 10 mins.

Németh Bálint5 years, 6 months ago

I have been restored my iphone but i have the same error but appsync now work fine

You mean you are still getting dpkg error?

alfelasi5 years, 6 months ago